Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,303

StarPoint

So, I got my hands on a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U. I beat Xenoblade 1 DE earlier this year, and thought it was decent, but it had a lot of issues that prevented me from really enjoying it. However, I enjoyed the core gameplay enough to become interested in playing the sequels. Initially, I was planning on getting a copy of Xenoblade 2, but I decided to play the series in order of release and picked up X instead.

I’ve played about 5 hours so far, and am up to chapter 3, and I’ve been pretty impressed by it. The combat is mostly the same, which is good because that was easily my favorite part of DE. However, the world and quest designs have been significantly improved so far. The world, while still massive, feels a lot tighter and more intentional in design. And the way you progress through the game feels very rewarding.

And my goodness, the sprint function. What an absolute godsend for the series. I hated walking slowly down huge, empty hallways in DE, so being able to dash across the world along with fast travel is an amazing QoL feature. Presentation is also a significant step up too. I think the environment and enemies look really great, and the animations in combat are fantastic.

Hopefully the game keeps its momentum and I’ll have the motivation to finish this one. If it’s better than DE, I’m sure I’ll finish this one easily. My initial impressions are very good, though, and this one is quite the fan favorite from what I’ve heard, even though it’s a bit of a diversion for the series.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Vortexeo

@StarPoint Make sure you don't neglect the side quests in XCX Some of them really add a lot to the main story!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

StarPoint

@Vortexeo Good to know! I’ve been keeping my eye open for side quests and have already done a couple. They usually don’t take too long to complete, which is nice for me. I can just do a couple of side quests, level up, and then get back to the main quests.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

FishyS

I bought forager a few days ago on sale and I am utterly addicted. Stardew vibes but with occasional Zelda Dungeons and laser-shooting death machines rather than villagers. And soooo much mining. But somehow still really fun.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

MarioVillager92

I'm gonna try to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons more often, so I can finish up my museum donations. I just got a new fish and donated that, and I only have three left. I still have quite a few bugs to catch, but most of them I can't get until July. (I don't time travel in Animal Crossing.) I also played more of Splatoon 3, and I wanna try to get everything from the current catalog before this season ends, especially the Nintendo consoles for my locker.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

Recently, been playing Asphalt 9 on Switch, as well as Apex Legends on Switch and PC. Because of GOG's annual summer sale, picked up two classics, Realms of Chaos and Moto Racer.

Realms of Chaos is a fantasy themed platformer by Apogee. I like playing these Apogee classics, and remember playing the shareware on my old laptop, so I decided to finally buy the game. Moto Racer is an arcade motobike racing game, and it's quite fun to play. It's giving me old arcade racing vibes, complete with time and checkpoints. I like both games.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Fizza

It brings me immense joy to say that I've finally (FINALLY) started Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective HD today. I've made my way through the first 3 chapters and....it's absolute perfection so far. The characters, the gameplay, the music, the puzzles; it's all so infinitely creative and I can't wait to keep going.

Also yes: Missile is indeed as good of a boy as you've heard 🐶

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

It brings me immense joy to say that I've finally (FINALLY) started Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective HD today. I've made my way through the first 3 chapters and....it's absolute perfection so far. The characters, the gameplay, the music, the puzzles; it's all so infinitely creative and I can't wait to keep going.
Also yes: Missile is indeed as good of a boy as you've heard 🐶

Update: hopped back on for a bit (made my way all the way to the end of Chapter 6) and oh my god this is getting BONKERS.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

Been playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on Switch recently. I finished the main story, and I started doing the special episode levels. Also been playing some more Tears of the Kingdom, and I intend to hop back into New Horizons this month to get some more museum donations done.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

XandertheWise

games im playing this summer and through the rest of this year

Final Fantasy XV
Zelda Skyward Sword
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 5
Mortal Kombat 12/1 for my Nintendo Switch later in August or September

XandertheWise

FishyS

I'm playing some Kitaria Fables. Adorable game, though I do wish you didn't get a 12 second loading screen every time you walked across an 8 foot long segment of forest. Ironically the best way to get home after harvesting is to die because you lose nothing and it's faster.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

MarioVillager92

I played Fire Emblem on GBA NSO, and played my next chapter tonight. It was mostly smooth sailing, but one of my units got defeated in battle near the end. Too bad. Also still playing more Tears of the Kingdom.

GodLordPaddock

Final Fantasy 16 and starting up Triangle Strategy tonight after work.

Playstation 5
Series X
Switch OLED

DAHstroy

Originally bought P5R on Switch the week it released and haven’t been able to lockdown and finish it. After I beat ToTK a few weeks ago, I picked it up to give it another try. I had 18hrs in the game up to that point, now I’m nearing the 80s… great story and gameplay but I’m ready for this one to be over. I definitely can see why it received the hype it did, and I think it deserves all that praise

DAHstroy

dmcc0

South Park - The Stick of Truth Switch
This one's been in the backlog for ages (along with the sequel, so it better be good!). Haven't played much of it yet, but a couple of genuinely funny moments already. It's a turn-based RPG, and the battle system seems quite basic so far, but I'm still really early in the game so that might change. From what I've read in reviews, there are apparently a lot of references and running jokes from the show which I've not watched for a long time, so maybe some of it will go straight over my head.

Afterburner II 3DS
Used to love this in the arcades back in the day - although cant remember if my local arcade had II or just the original, but they did have the full motion cabinet rather than just the upright. Still loads of fun to play, although I'm not a fan of the 3DS analogue 'nub' so would prefer an actual stick for control. The 3D effects looks great too.

dmcc0

Tyranexx

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 120ish hours in, and I'm FINALLY about to start my third dungeon (the Sidon-related one). XD I've been easily sidetracked in this game to the point where I've found almost 400 Koroks, completed 114 Shrines, found all Tears of Light, located the Master Sword (and freed the Deku Tree) - yay for finding things out of sequence - and have activated just over 40 Lightroots so far. I occasionally venture into the Depths but don't plan on doing much more down there until near the end. My hope is to reach the end credits before traveling abroad in a couple of weeks (Not taking my Switch), but I don't think that's gonna now. I might be able to tick the fourth dungeon off my list before leaving though.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Jumbo Demo (Switch) - "Jumbo demo" is aptly named. I've never really been into Minecraft, but there's enough structure to this game that I'm really enjoying it! Still plenty of room for creativity as well. It's a fun, blocky world with chibi-ish characters, some funny (if not occasionally odd) dialogue, a fun loop of craft, build, and destroy (if needed), classic Dragon Quest music, and an interesting plot that ties in with some of the events in Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line.

I'm definitely considering buying the full game when it next goes on sale.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tanookduke

Mighty switch force 2
Playing this along with other 3ds games I got before the closure of its eshop in the wait for pikmin 4's release. Not significantly better than the first game so far but it's growing on me..

The tanookduke strikes again!

XandertheWise

games im busy this summer before I buy Mortal Kombat 12/1 ad baten kaitos I and II HD Collection for my nintendo switch lite

-Metroid Prime 2 for my Gamecube
-some games for my Playstation 3: Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Final Fantasy XIII, regular Persona 4

-Street Fighter 6 or WWE 2K23 for my Playstation 4

XandertheWise

MarioVillager92

Been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a couple nights since wave 5 came out. Finished both cups in Grand Prix and played the wave 5 courses online afterward. This time though, I'm playing Splatoon 3 because of the Splatfest. I picked Team Strawberry and played some Turf War matches tonight.

Barbiegurl777

Story Of Seasons Pioneer Of Olive Town nintendo switch & Doraemon Learning Collection nintendo switch~ 🤣👍

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic