Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,268

kkslider5552000

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

Quick tip you don't need to search the whole map just to talk to 50 nopon, you could just talk to the same ones in a single town and just rinse and repeat with just fast travelling.

This also applies to the girl talk affinity nodes and other talking ones in general.

Oh, I talked to one of them twice to verify that, I did not consider or check that fast travel would change anything. Thanks.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DreamlandGem

I'm currently playing Genshin again after a break, really enjoying it The best thing about taking a break is there's now so much new content for me to catch up with! I think Genshin will keep me going now until Mon Hun Rise comes out, can't wait šŸ™Œ

Poyo!

Twitter:

Fizza

Started up Balloon Fight there a few days ago on NSO and have been loving it. It's extremely simple, but the floatiness and strategy needed in order to successfully pop enemy balloons is incredibly satisfying, even for a NES game. I've gotten past World (?) 3 and really want to try and beat it.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

Still hopelessly addicted to Animal Crossing, and I'm trying to complete the rest of PokƩmon Legends: Arceus.

My physical copy of Superliminal arrived today, and I hear it's short and sweet, so I'll try and beat that soon.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Buizel

Pokemon has become a staple in my gaming diet and after replaying Soul Silver I decided to move on to...Heart Gold. I tried moving on to X or Alpha Sapphire, but honestly Johto really has its grip on me. These may be my favourite games of all time.

Outside of Pokemon I've been wanting to get back into JRPGs. To ease my way back in I've started up Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth on the Switch. I thoroughly enjoyed this back when it came out on PS4, so I look forward to experiencing it again.

Very much playing it safe at the moment!

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

I decided to play some PS3 games today for maintenance and these are the screenshots I took from Modnation Racers PS3

My looking
Untitled

My car
Untitled

I like Blue color so I painted my car with Blue color.
I put number 13 on the car body as well as number 13 was my special number.

Anti-Matter

Sasuke94

I started playing Final Fantasy VII on my Switch ā€“ really love it and the fact, that there is a physical version of the game with FF VIII on the same cartridge.

Sasuke94

MarioVillager92

May as well bring over my post from @DreamlandGem's thread:

I recently got Kirby and the Forgotten Land and as I said from my previous posts about it, I'm enjoying it. I haven't beaten the game yet. There's a surprising amount of hidden tasks throughout all the levels, I may go for 100% completion at some point. I love a good chunk of the levels, and the soundtrack is amazing. This game's already getting me back into Kirby - the last game, Star Allies, was kind of a disappointment for me so I'm glad that Forgotten Land turned out to be much better!

I think I'm almost close to finishing it, btw! Though, I have a feeling that 100%ing it will be pretty tough.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

Last couple of days, I've been playing the classic PC game Magic Carpet. I remember buying this game during a sale from GOG years as it was under recommended games. I play it on and off.

The point of the game is you play as a wizard on a magic carpet, you explore around an open world, collecting spells to use, fighting monsters, and collecting mana. With the goal of building a castle, and filling it to mana to restore each world, even fighting enemy wizards in later levels. The best way I can describe it, it's like a first person action game with some strategy elements to it. I like it a lot.

Anyone else played this? It's on PC, but it was also released on the original PlayStation and Sega Saturn.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Pizzamorg

I believe it is roughly the year anniversary of Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I was kinda tempted to play them again, but I have played them so many times since they came out back on the 360 back in the day.

Andromeda, however, is a game I haven't played since it came out. And I played it on the Xbox One X or S whatever the high end refresh console was at that time and not only was the game a technical mess at launch, the performance on that console was generally terrible as well. Especially when it came to really long loading screens (and the game makes you trek backwards and forwards a lot, so you spent a LOT of time in long loading screens). So I figured I'd make a start on it, on PC.

I have only played the opening couple of hours and these opening couple of hours make me really sad because you kinda get a sense these were the only parts of the game that were really close to actually being finished. It is a blatant riff on ME1, but compared to the game to come (at least from memory) the back end is a shadow of this great, and promising, opening.

While Frostbite might have a lot of issues as a dev tool, and does often result in some jankiness, visually it's just hard to argue with. Andromeda, at least on PC, does not look like five year old game. If you told me it came out today, I could believe you. Sadly animation generally still isn't great despite there being a bunch of patches and while I would argue the Mass Effect games never had the greatest character creators (especially given how important they are to the whole experience), the Andromeda equivalent is an abomination.

Probably the two fondest memories I have about Andromeda were the changes to dialogue and the QOL improvements on the gameplay. So far, I am agreeing with myself here. While the whole Paragon/Renegade thing was cool in 2007, all these years later and all these playthroughs later, I think a lot of the mystique over that system has kinda worn off for me. There was a lot of nuance in the ME Trilogy lost for me because the devs had to cram choices into binary good or evil responses, meaning also that good and evil aligned with the values of the writer, not the context of you as a player.

They try and set themselves free of those somewhat in Andromeda, going for a more grey moral compass and focusing more on the emotion of the protagonist, rather than their values. How much this really makes any difference on the back end I guess won't truly ever be known, because it kinda seems Andromeda is a black sheep destined to be removed from the history.

And as an action RPG, Andromeda is just fun. All the abilities are impactful and cool, the jump jets add a dynamic to everything, you get a lot of flexibility with your build since this game made the choice to go classless. Like I think really ME3 is the only competent action game in the original trilogy and this is the first ME game that is actually genuinely fun to play.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

AnnoyingFrenzy

I'm currently playing through Danganronpa 1 and the Blue Lions route in Fire Emblem on Switch, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on PC, and replaying Dual Destinies on 3DS. I've got A.I. The Somnium Files, Danganronpa 2 and the Golden Deer route in the pipeline on Switch, Wolfenstein 2 on PC, and a replay of Spirit of Justice on 3DS

Xbox Live Username: Annoying Frenzy
Switch Status: Purchased!

Anti-Matter

I continued my progress of Dodgeball Academia PS4 to level up all my team until level 50 (MAX) by playing catching dodgeball mini game with reward $ 15.00 on level 3 then I bought some juices with price $ 30.00 to instant level up by 1 level, though I have to look what are the kids favorite grubs.

I continued my progress of Horse Club Adventures PS4 after playing Dodgeball Academia. I have reached the episode where the girls will investigate the sign of project on the land near of Mr O'Neill farm. Playing riding horse game like that was such a peaceful thing, no violences involved, just enjoy the beauty of landscapes. šŸ˜Š

Anti-Matter

markmarkmark

I bounce around with these games: GTA 5, NBA 2K22, and ROS.

Game on. šŸ¤˜ Rock on. šŸŽø

Fizza

I just started up Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu today and am currently in love. The style is beautiful, the catching mechanics are incredibly relaxing and the music is absolutely amazing (Pewter City is MUAH). I, no joke, spent an entire hour in Viridian Forest just catching everything there and evolving them up like Butterfree and Beedrill. I also spent a majority of that time looking for a Bulbasaur (even building up a catch combo of Oddish to increase my odds) and just as I was about to give up, that magnificent green bulb shot up from the grass. I've already beat Brock and I'm so excited to play more tomorrow. Plus it'll give me something to do whilst I wait for the new SV trailer to drop!

Anti-Matter

Cat Quest 1 & 2 Switch
Those games surprisingly good to play.

DDR PS3
Ugh....
I have to endure by playing the Nonstop songs from Club Mode in order to unlock the 20 hidden songs (Konami original songs) and I keep getting terrible licensed songs to play during Club Mode. The licensed songs choice in DDR PS3 was really terrible, like what the hell was Konami thinking about by putting terrible licensed songs like from Sean Paul, Gorilaz, Jason Mraz, Jody Sparks, Ke$ha, etc on DDR PS3. What the hell with those songs, I don't even like them. Fortunately, only the Konami original songs are better but still some of them have mediocre stepcharts.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Batman Arkham City. I intend to complete it with all Riddler stuff this time around.

I want for the Arkham games to come on the Switch ... they are legendary!

Snatcher

Granblue fantasy, and some other fighting games I hope, and of course other things in between. elden ring is gonna have to be on break.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Fizza

Made some great progress in LGPE over the last few days, including:

• Beating both Misty and Surge
  • Catching some great new Pokemon such as Chansey, Machop, Mr Mime and my newest team member Growlithe as well as evolving some previous ones like Oddish, Nidoran, the Kanto starters and Gyarados
  • Completing the entire SS Anne and Rock Tunnel segments.
  • Getting utterly haxed by not only a Gambler who landed his first Fissure with his Diglett, but also a Poke Maniac who's Kangaskhan flinched me with Bite EIGHT TIMES IN A ROW (if it wasn't for my Drowzee somehow living a hit and poisoning it, I would've genuinely lost).
  • Making it all the way to Lavender Town.
  • And lastly, finding a full odds, random Shiny Geodude whilst going back for a Moon Stone in Mt Moon. I still can't believe it happened even now.

Overall, I can't wait to continue on with this game because ooh it's getting good.

StarPoint

I wanted to highlight a game that has taken up much of my time: FTL Faster Than Light. This is a tough game to really define in a certain genre. It's sort of a rogue-lite, a space adventure, and a management game all mashed into one. And it is an absolute masterpiece. It is the 2nd best game I've played this year, right behind Majora's Mask.

The amount of strategy involved in managing your ship, crew, and decision-making is unbelievable. This game feels truly endless in the number of things that you can decide, discover, and destroy. There are multiple different ships, crew, weapons, worlds, and augmentations to discover, making every playthrough feel unique. Each run presents its own challenges and events to overcome.

And since it is a rouge-lite of sorts, itā€™s HARD. Very hard. However, progression in this game doesnā€™t work quite as one would expect from the genre. When you die, you donā€™t carry anything over to your next run other than your knowledge. You do unlock different ships if you meet certain requirements during a run, but these arenā€™t upgrades and are more of just a different way of playing. The difficulty of this game comes from strategizing, micromanaging, and making the best decisions possible.

I have 40 hours in this game and I still havenā€™t managed to complete a run yet, even on the easy difficulty. I know, Iā€™m bad and all that, but this game manages to be extremely challenging while still feeling fair. If you make good choices and smart moves throughout the run, you will succeed in much greater ways.

I might give a full review of this game in the ā€œGames you recently beat?ā€ thread, but as it stands, this could very well be one of my favorite games of all time. Itā€™s definitely in my top 15 as it stands. Itā€™s a masterclass in game design and mashing different genres together.

10/10

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic