Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,294

Xyphon22

I think I'm halfway through case 4 of Great Ace Attorney 2. After playing the first game I thought it was probably my least favorite in the series and couldn't believe all the opinions I'd seen putting this game second behind Trials and Tribulations. If you see it as one, 10-case long game, though, I'm starting to understand. This is getting good. And I can't believe there is still another case after this one, because this definitely feels like the culmination that everything has been building up to. So that last case must either blow my socks off or be a complete and utter letdown. I hope it's the former.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

dmcc0

Started Murder by Numbers over the weekend. Nice mix of murder mystery visual novel with some Picross-style puzzles thrown in.

Finished up the first case (of 5 I think) and so far I'm enjoying it - the story has been pretty interesting and there have been a few laugh-out-loud moments too. The puzzle sections are great as well - I'm a sucker for a bit of Picross anyway, but it's done well here with each one being a clue to solving the mystery.

Difficulty is OK too - there's the option to toggle aids on the Picross sections (although I haven't needed them) and apart from a couple of 5x5 tutorial puzzles at the start, it's been mostly 10x10 or 15x15 so far.

Only downside so far has been the music, which I'm really not liking - I guess it kind of fits with the setting, but it just not something I enjoy listening to. I was playing with headphones on, so maybe seemed worse than it actually was though - might be better as "background" music.

dmcc0

kkslider5552000

I'm finally back to Neo: The World Ends With You, aka SE's favorite game to not advertise. If you wanna know what my favorite anime styled aesthetic for characters in gaming is, its probably this. I go back to it and I just love how the characters look.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Xyphon22

Xyphon22 wrote:

I think I'm halfway through case 4 of Great Ace Attorney 2. After playing the first game I thought it was probably my least favorite in the series and couldn't believe all the opinions I'd seen putting this game second behind Trials and Tribulations. If you see it as one, 10-case long game, though, I'm starting to understand. This is getting good. And I can't believe there is still another case after this one, because this definitely feels like the culmination that everything has been building up to. So that last case must either blow my socks off or be a complete and utter letdown. I hope it's the former.

Well, I finished case 4 and discovered why there is still another case...because they cheated! But I guess that's okay, as long as it turns out as good as it has been so far. I mean, the best game in the series did throw in a super short, only 1 trial segment case for its case 4, and it was still awesome. So I guess I'll give this one a pass until I finish it up and see how it turns out.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Fizza

I've been playing Street Fighter 2 for the very first time there thanks to it becoming free on Capcom Arcade Stadium and at first I wasn't really vibing with it. The jump arc felt off, the attacks felt extremely stubby and Dhalsim was beating me to a pulp time and time again. However, after switching from Ryu to Ken, I don't know why but everything just sort of..... clicked. I learned to deal with the game's mechanics and use them to my advantage, especially with discovering how to play defensively by either jumping backwards to keep my distance or nailing the timing to block perfectly (I even managed to block Zangief's Spinning Piledriver which was hype as all hell). And if there's one thing that this game nails, it's the pure satisfaction you feel after finally beating a tough as hell opponent (I popped off so hard when I finally beat Chun Li after dozens of attempts). I'm currently about to fight Vega for the first time and I can't wait to play through it with every character because man this game is really, REALLY fun.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Dbd, I played it for the first time last week and it’s got me hooked (Pun intended), I got three dlcs so far, silent hill, ghost face, and ringu, some of my favorite horror icons, This game is really fun for me so far tho, It a real blast and yes toxic players and such, is nothing you won’t find in a multiplayer game.

So if I haven’t been talking about other games on the switch, that is why, and is why I have yet to play fe, warriors was it? demo.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

FF VII R Intergrade on Steam .... It's amazing!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

Currently I am playing through Batman Arkham Origins. I just finished my first fight with Bane.

It is weird visiting the locations from Arkham City ... they are so clean in Origins

If I can describe it Origins Gotham is so normal while City Gotham is Tim Burton bizarre.

BinaryMessiah

@Zuljaras I didn't care for Origins. It was a chore to get through honestly. It was too safe and too much like Arkham City.

Right now I'm playing Forza Horizon 5 with my wheel setup. Thrustmaster added a "Boost Mode" for their wheels that makes smaller bumps more noticeable. Makes a huge difference. You just have to turn down the overall force in the game so your wheel isn't clipping on more powerful belt-driven wheels.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition I kept starting and stopping this on PS4 since launch day, but never played it much. I plan to finish it on PC.

Final Fantasy XIV Online Trying to finally get through the base content which is considered the most boring. I want to get to the first expansion content. I watched a 90-minute video on lots of tips for this game and skipping side quests and most blue quests are best for your first playthrough so you can get more XP on other character builds. Wish I would have known this when I first started. I feel like I'm making more progress now and enjoying the game more. Check blue quests for rewards like minions and cosmetics though.

Resident Evil 2 (2019) I need to finally finish this. I love horror games, but some of them I'm chicken to sit through. With the new ray-tracing patch for PC that just came out, it's as good as time as any to finish this game with ray-tracing now. Sadly, all mods are now broken and incompatible with the new patch.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Animal Crossing New Horizons
Preparing some scandalous wedding photoshoots.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

Recently, I've been flip-flopping between Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Tetris Effect Connected. Been quite hooked on MK8D's online races and TEC is a good game to chill out with (the single player modes, at least). I played a bit of Stardew Valley via that NSO game trial, too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

I don't know whether this necessarily counts as 'playing' per se, but I've been having a great time creating a Living Dex in Pokemon HOME. Not only is it great to have everything in one place, but it's extremely relaxing going back through all of the older Pokemon Switch games like SwSh, seeing which ones I need to grab and doing loops around the entire region to get as many as I need. It brings back a lot of good memories from seeing all these Pokemon just chilling in the Wild Area, reminding me of how exciting it all was only 3 years ago. I'm about 340 mons deep (give or take) at the moment and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! Once I'm done, I even plan on doing a shiny living dex after a bit (I have 130 already which, looking back on it now, is insane considering how little I actually did it prior to BDSP and PLA coming out).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

Gato Roboto (Switch) - Picked this up in the summer sale. It's quite a short game; I think I'm nearing the home stretch. It VERY clearly takes inspiration from the Metroid series, but it's a fun little romp for any Metroidvania fans...and those who like cats. There isn't a hugely substantial plot, but it's enough to keep the player going.

Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC) - Specifically Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished. This is chronologically Adol's first ever adventure. The game was cleaned up for modern platforms in terms of graphics and QoL improvements, but it is still an older game - an early ARPG concept - under all the dressing. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the bump combat system, but I've adjusted to it nicely. I'm only a couple of hours in and currently at the beginning of the mountain shrine.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx Gato roboto is definitely a hidden gem. Well worth the 4 or so bucks I spent on it.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I 100% agree! I take it you also nabbed it in a sale. Weird ending; just finished it yesterday evening.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I actually played a year or two ago. I don't remember the ending, just that it was an awesome metroidvania and finding all the color pallettes was super fun.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature It was fun experimenting with the color palettes, though I admit not all of them are easy on the eyes... especially since I've developed mild astigmatism in my right eye. I settled on the "goop" palette, though "grape" was a close second. I think I recall you playing through it a while back. I just finally caved for it in the latest sale lol. Partially because I knew it's short.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx haha yep. It's a quick one but I appreciate that for a metroidvania. That's my only gripe with hollow knight. A little too long( and difficult). I recall the grape pallette being used by me as well.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic