Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 341 to 360 of 365

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
Gambit System is actually pretty simple.
It worked like Auto Command when you paired up the Subject with specific Command.
The Subjects are Foes, Ally and Yourself.
For example, you can pair Foes with specific condition (let's take Nearby) with Attack command so whenever your character with that Gambit command see any enemies nearby, they will automatically draw their weapon and start to attack any nearby enemies.

You can paired Ally with HP < 50% with Curaja so the character with that Gambit command will cast Curaja on ally who their HP is below than 50% so it will help you to get healed when you keep busy attacking other enemies.

You can paired Self with Supportive magic like Regen / Protect / Faith / etc so they will automatically cast those magics when your character have no supportive condition.

Also, the order of Gambit slots determine which action is more urgent than the other commands. Putting Healing ally when HP is low on the 1st slot then Revive any ally when they are KOed on 2nd slot will have different impact as the character with that Gambit setup will heal the ally first then revive the KOed ally after healing the team. Order of Gambit commands are very important.

About FF X, I think FF X was the first Final Fantasy with Okinawan style as you can hear the Faith hymne and Yuna Dance (Sending Soul Dance) were very Japanese style, added with unique fiction religion Yevon teaching, the Asian style temple with ancient Chinese looking like Yevon alphabets, Al Bhed language with swapped alphabets order so it sounds like exotic alien language, the storyline about breaking the cycle of Sin so no more sacrifice summoners and the Guardian to become Final Aeon as Yu Yevon will take control the Final Aeon to become new Sin. It was like a false tradition to bring peoples hope about peaceful (for temporary time) then when Sin was reborn, the disaster happened again and need sacrifices summoners and Final Aeon to bring the peaceful time temporarily again. Yuna's decision to against with the Final Aeon tradition after she discovered the dark truth of that false tradition was very bold and lead the decision to destroy Yu Yevon and no more Sin reborn. The storyline of FF X was very beautiful as I digest the storyline, with easy to understand English word choices for dubbings than FF XII storyline that delivered with very Shakespeare English level from elite peoples like Ashe / Judges / Vayne Solidor / Larsa like I didn't really understand their English words. Only peoples from lower rank in FF XII like Vaan, Penelo, etc who talked with basic English than the elite peoples.

FF X have some dramatic / memorable moments that I still remembered them than FF XII. I still remembered the horror of being destroyed by Sin (Zarnakand, Kilika, etc), Tidus bad laugh, Yuna Dance to send the souls at Kilika, the truth of Yevon teaching, the truth of Final Aeon pilgrimage, the ending that very bittersweet yet very touchy. I didn't really remember what are the memorable moments from FF XII as the storyline of FF XII was too serious, too many political issues, too many hard to understand English word choices like reading Shakespeare novels, no funny moments like from previous Final Fantasy, etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 I still really need to play Origins. Have never touched it, despite picking up City and Knight at launch.

Kinda disappointed the older games never got Switch ports. It'd give me the perfect excuse to revisit them.

Ralizah

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

@kkslider5552000 I still really need to play Origins. Have never touched it, despite picking up City and Knight at launch.

Origins has its fans and it has some really cool stuff, but too much of it is just a worse Arkham City for my taste. Also one of the collectibles glitched out of existence when I had spent hours getting nearly all of them by that point so...yeah...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Tyranexx

@Ralizah In that case, it's a good thing I like playing with the 3D effect on! They've already made better use of it in this title IMO. I just started on Chapter 2. I've heard this one does indeed open up later in the exploration department. As for the plot, I do hope it's a step up over the previous two games and at least comes close to Unwound/Lost Future's impact. It seems promising so far.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Sunsy

Been mostly playing Paladins lately, trying to level up the battle pass and earn some rewards, playing between Switch and PC because of cross-progression. Started playing F-Zero GP Legend and Rival Turf on Wii U, and started playing a PC game called Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. Saw it come up on Steam, so it had me curious.

Sunsy

trymer89

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: for the very first time ever.

Look, I've never been that big a fan of fighting games in general (although I quite enjoyed Injustice: Gods Among Us) and as such missed out on all previous Smash titles, but the rave reviews really made me feel I'd be missing a truly awesome experience not to purchase this, so I caved and it's been fantastic.

The basic controls are deceptively simple, but encourage you to experiment with a wider array of options in order to really bring out the best in your fighter. The Tourney Online is my go-to session, and even if I don't make it too far (because I am still incredibly new and very much still learning), I still get a chance to know my characters and their fighting styles better.

So far I've only unlocked eight or nine in the World of Light, but I tend to favor Sheik, Kirby, and sometimes Mario/Lucario, while I particularly enjoy Samus and Link online.

Also it's going to be a while, but after this I intend to tackle Super Mario 3-D World + Bowser's Fury.

/\//|_()||

kkslider5552000

I went back to Xenoblade 2 to play its DLC (though I'll play Torna some other time, I already have two other large games to get back to, let alone all the games I haven't started yet).

I have nothing interesting to say about it thus far other than some new quests leading me to some high leveled post-game type monsters that I can often avoid thankfully (and in ways that were less annoying than that one section of chapter 4). I'm mostly just posting this because I was once again reminded that the game's soundtrack was eligible for the 2018 Game Awards, and was not nominated. Inexcusable.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

dmcc0

Started Hades last night after having it in the backlog for soooo long, and while it's been good so far I've not really seen anything to justify the GOTY-type hype it was getting. Admittedly, I haven't put too much time into it yet so that may change, but a solid 8/10 though from what I have played.

dmcc0

Anti-Matter

Epic Chef PS4.
I have accumulated 44 points Restaurant Prestige and have defeated Chef Anzashi with very High Sophistication level dishes during Cooking Battle.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

StarPoint

Right now I'm playing both Gato Roboto and Rogue Legacy 2 on my PC. I think I'm about halfway through Gato Roboto, which is a really fun but simple Metroidvania. I've only got a few hours in Rogue Legacy 2 so far, and from what I've heard the game is practically endless, so I'm not going to be finishing that one anytime soon. I absolutely love it, though.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

FTL (PC)
Rogue Legacy 2 (PC)

TommyTendo

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fortnite.
God, I would love a Pyra skin in Fortnite

TommyTendo

Wargoose

Etrian Odyssey 2 on 3DS. Great RPG with the gimmick being you draw maps as you explore a dungeon.

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, it's surprisingly good. Feels a bit like Burnout with Skateboards.

Wargoose

Anti-Matter

Epic Chef PS4
Currently still try to win some cooking battles to rank up the level and continue the storyline.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

StarPoint

Right now, I'm playing both Axiom Verge and Rogue Legacy 2 on my PC. Axiom Verge is an absolutely fantastic experience, and definitely one of the best metroidvanias I've played. The world design is super interesting and the exploration is fantastic. Rogue Legacy 2 is great as well. It's super fun and addicting since most runs only take about 15-20 minutes. It's very challenging but doesn't feel unfair.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

FTL (PC)
Rogue Legacy 2 (PC)

Barbiegurl777

Right now~ 🤔

Neko Tomo - Nintendo switch (mostly finished just want to 💯 lol) - 55 hours in
The Story Of The Shining Nurse - Nintendo switch - 22 hours in
Butt Detective - Nintendo switch - Just started~ 🤷‍♀️😝🤙

Happy Gaming! (^~^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

cordova94

Super Mario Sunshine - 67 shines and 178 blue coins in.
Octopath Traveler - I think I'm nearly through everyone's Chapter 1 but it's paused for SMS at the moment.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Sunshine (3D All-Stars), Octopath Traveler
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

Tyranexx

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy - Still leisurely trucking along and solving every puzzle under my nose. I often aim to solve all the puzzles in story mode. I just started chapter 4 and begun the "egg hunt"; maybe I should've started this one closer to Easter? Level-5 definitely stepped up the animations in this game, made all the better with how the 3D effect renders them.
San Grio is proving quite the interesting island paradise. It's crazy that the place is literally full of the Azran eggs! (Erm, poponyos)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country - It's hard to say a lot about this one plot-wise without spoiling anything in the first XC2, but it's cool to see how the world of Alrest looked 500 years ago. I'm still getting the hang of the combat changes from XC2. As usual, the music sets a high bar!

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

BruceCM

I'm sure you'll like that a lot, @Tyranexx .... Do let us know how it goes

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

Dodgeball Academia PS4
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

MarioLover92

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - really enjoying this game. I may even go for 100% completion after finishing it!

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic