Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 2,111

Kermit1doesmath

@skywake that's not the longest title I've seen for an album surprisingly, nice to see them back with another album lol.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

skywake

@Owl1
The album title is certainly software developer nightmare fuel. I have a database where have an app that pulls in listening history from last.fm so I can make spotify playlists. I was definitely expecting that app to crash due to the length of the album name exceeding the field size in the database

Side note, it IS the longest album title I have in that database. In order:
1. PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
2. He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corners of Our Rooms - A Silver Mt. Zion
3. Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever - Explosions in the Sky
4. a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun - Aly & AJ
5. They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days in the Glittering World of the Salons - Swirlies
6. Uncompromising War on Art Under the Dictatorship of the Proletariat - Killdozer
7. Wait Long By the River and the Bodies of Your Enemies Will Float By - The Drones

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

skywake

Giving Sigur Rós - ÁTTA a spin right now.....

Top tier stuff, possibly contender for AOTY so far for me. THIS is why I like Sigur Rós

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Jhena

Let us all live a happy life. Loud, wild, crazy, quiet or peaceful, whatever suits your style.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Late

Billy Talent released their new live album yesterday. I'm going for a walk later today and will listen through the whole album then but this was my appetizer:

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Rambler

@skywake
Swirlies!!! Love them. Only seen them once with an incredibly youthful 65daysofstatic supporting.

The mighty Fiona Apple's second album - When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right

Although my fave album with a long title is probably Cap'n Jazz's only longplayer, Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Rambler

Ganner

Been listening to Rival Sons new album "Darkfighter". This band is like the perfect combination of The Cult, early Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin. I started listening to them with their previous album "Feral Roots" and now this album has solidified my interest to go back and collect all their albums. These guys are criminally underrated and they would be a lot bigger of a band if they hit the scene back when real rock music was mainstream.

This fire is burning and it's out of control. It's not a problem you can stop it's Rock and Roll!!!

jump

I’m donating blood and they make you wait an hour in the waiting room before doing it to make sure read everything, yawn.

To put me in a bloody mood I’ve been listening to songs about blood. So far I’ve listened to If You Want Blood by AC/DC, Raining Blood by Slayer and Wait & Bleed by Slipknot. My take away is metal bands write a lot of songs about blood!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

skywake wrote:

Was also new QotSA and Sigur Ros released yesterday. QotSA wasn't bad but it wasn't anywhere near top tier QotSA, at least on first listen.

I'm seeing them tonight so I've been giving the new album a proper listen since it came out and yeah, it's far from their best effort. I think it's been made during the time of Homme's nasty divorce and whilst he was getting treated for cancer (and probably needed to release an album to pay for both) so it wasn't given his full focus but they are a band I've stopped being excited about their new music tbh.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

@Rambler ooh, good shout! Love a bit of PJ Harvey.

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

@jump Her music meant so much to me when I was 14.

For whatever reason, I couldn't get into her stuff as much after she disbanded her 3-piece band

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I started listening to her after she started winning all of the Mercury prizes so I didn’t feel the difference the same way but I get that.

I often hear DIY/upcoming acts that are really interesting and unique however once they get signed they are given a music producer who kinda hammers out a lot of the eccentricities that made them interesting in the first place. Plus their chemistry is as important as talent itself, like Jack White’s solo stuff is amazing and watching him live is the music equivalent of watching a power lifter bench pressing a million kg barbell over their head without their arms snapping but I still think he was at his best with Meg in The White Stripes despite her not being a driving force behind the scenes.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

@jump
Her music definitely widened in scope and ambition, but I was, and still am, in thrall to noise rock. Plus the lyrics are all about sex, death, and blood, which is great when you're 14-15.

For something really mad, this is a Collab album with Polly and other assorted Bristol / Dorset misfits, and is probably my fave 90s record:

Rambler

Fizza

guess which movie I went to see yesterday

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

I LOVE summer festival season! 🤘

Having spent yesterday getting gloriously battered, dancing and singing at a festival seeing Idles, Jamie T, Biig Piig, Kojey Radical, Willie J Healey and Hak Baker I'm now getting ready before I head off to do it again at another festival. I'm listening to tunes from the acts of today who are the legends Iggy Pop, Blondie (tidbit, they were the first artist to have a rap song get to no 1 in the charts), Generation Sex (made up of Billy Idol and The Sex Pistols playing songs from both) plus OG punk rockers The Buzzcocks and Stiff Little Fingers as well as Lambrini Girls a cool club band I've seen before who are young and energetic enough to make up for all of the oldies on the bill.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic