Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 2,138

Tayrailbridge

Been listening to DJ Takataka, a new and very underrated electronic artist. Sounds extremely good for someone with under 1000 streams on Spotify. Reminds me of Aphex Twin.

Tayrailbridge

OldManHermit

Been listening to a bunch of obscure 80s mixtapes on youtube. A lot of great stuff I've never heard before, such as this track,

OldManHermit

Pastellioli

I have more than one, but I’ll narrow it down to four if I’m allowed to;

Before I was born - MARETU ft. Hatsune Miku

It’s a Vocaloid song with chiptune music, and I love the emotion put into the singing and the video game influences in the music and visuals. However, it’s existential despite being vague. I can handle the material, but one track he released recently actually creeped me out by how graphic the English translation was… He is going to release a new song soon, and judging by the video thumbnail, I wouldn’t be surprised if it has dark or negative lyrics.

Knead that Fried Chicken, Shake that Fried Chicken - Nunu ft. Zundamon, Hatsune Miku, Kaai Yuki, Kurita Maron, and KAFU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cirDXY3CkSk

Another Vocaloid song, it’s based on a debate in Japan, which is “what sauce goes with fried chicken?” In it, a man and woman (both played by the green hair girl) believe mayonnaise is the best sauce for fried chicken, but they take things far by taking four people hostage and using a “toy” gun on them if they answer a sauce that isn’t mayo. It’s stupid but in a good and hilarious way, and the song is well done despite being comedic and an extreme take on a harmless debate. There was an English subbed version, but it got taken down.

Windy and Co. - Robin Beanland

This is originally from the video game Conker’s Bad Fur Day. Bad Fur Day’s OST is great in my opinion and I like how it could fit into a cartoon, but I prefer the remake’s OST for the improved sounds, extension of looping songs, and higher quality. I believe the remake’s version of Windy and Co. uses actual instruments in the song compared to the original. Robin Beanland is probably the most underrated composer at Rare in my opinion, and I wish he got some more recognition!

Medicine - Sasuke Haraguchi ft. Kasane Teto

This song was pretty popular in Japan, but I liked it a ton! It’s short and pretty vague, but its catchy, and I absolutely loved the colors and minimalistic look of the music video.

I only put in the link to one song, since I’m afraid using a bunch is going to slow the site down for mobile users.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rare Replay, Conker: Live and Reloaded and Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage!
Current obsession: Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-9478-0593

Jhena

I am listening to the soundtrack of Endless Ocean Luminous. What a beautiful game with a great soundtrack. This track even reminds me a little bit of Final Fantasy X.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

OctolingKing13

a lot of taylor (lmao), billie, and lana. been listening to Metric’s Old World Underground, Where Are You Now a lot, sooooo good! also noahfince…tx2. troye sivan is also a favorite currently (hes so fine 😻)

team BREAD
and most importantly team future !!! so exicited for final fest its becoming a really big year for nintendo now !!
😻😔😔😔😋😔🙀

Lazz

When I need to focus, I can't listen to anything with words. I've really loved Lofi Lia - Lofi game covers that I have found to be excellent.

Nick

Pastellioli

I’ve still been listening to the same Vocaloid songs as always, but I have a couple other ones too, including non-Vocaloid;

Help me, ERINNNNNN!! - COOL&CREATE, ZUN, and beatMARIO

This song I believe is from a popular indie bullet hell game series called Touhou Project, which I haven’t played and have little knowledge of, though I do know some characters from it, and the series has several other well-known songs that became popular and widespread over the internet during the 2000s. I listened to this after there was a Vocaloid cover released in the Japanese version of Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage!, and the song is so catchy and fast and I absolutely love it. I probably should give some other songs from the game a listen. It sounds so good!

Please Subscribe to my Channel - GYARI ft. Zundamon and Tohoku Kiritan

The song is super comedic (as you can tell by the title) but it’s a pretty catchy song where one of the singers tries to grow a YouTube channel by doing various types of popular challenges that go awry. When she does get internet famous and reaches a subscriber milestone, she sets the birthdate of her channel to the exact day she reached that specific milestone and gets permanently locked out of her account, since the site assumes she is not old enough to register a YouTube channel. I really just enjoy songs that are lighthearted and I feel Japanese music excels really well in this aspect.

…Baby One More Time (From Kung Fu Panda 4) - Tenacious D

I was hooked on this song a LOT at one point, and it’s such a great cover of one of Britney Spears’ songs. It has to be Jack Black’s singing that makes me enjoy it a lot, including the rock instrumentals and rendition of the song. It’s surprising I like it a lot, given it’s a modern cover of an older song and I tend to not listen to more modern English music and only songs in Japanese or older English songs, but I have heard Jack Black’s singing in the song Peaches, so I absolutely LOVED this cover. I don’t listen to Tenacious D, so this is the first song I’ve listened from them!

Trash and TRASH! - Kurage-P ft. Kagamine Rin

This song has always been a favorite of mine, and I think it was my most repeated song on Spotify last year since I listened to it a total of 444 times! The subject matter is random and could be considered a little vague, but the song is about a girl who thinks everything and everyone around her is literal trash, so she decides to “throw everything away,” even things that carry sentimental value and can be considered valuable. In the end, she ultimately comes to the conclusion that she is trash for the way she acts and how she denies how ignorant she is, so she “throws” herself out too. The rock instrumentals are what make me love it a lot.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rare Replay, Conker: Live and Reloaded and Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage!
Current obsession: Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-9478-0593

Yousef-

System of a Down and Bomber head.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7391-1388-5607 | My Nintendo: Yousef

Yousef-

@Pastellioli Zun is an incredibly awesome choice, and Tenacious D.
“With Karate I’ll kick your ass!!”

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

Yousef-

Touhou music is awesome.

-Max Payne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic