Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 2,108

Fizza

this game has completely taken over my life

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kisrah

Since NL’s article on Air Twister coming to consoles I’ve become obsessed with the game. I love rail shooters, and seeing Valensia worked on the OST got my attention. Took the free trial of Apple Arcade to check it out.

Now I’m obsessed with the soundtrack.

I can’t link any of the songs from it since they’re not available on YouTube (unless you’re subscribed to their music service). But one track - Gaia 2022 - is just a re-recording of Gaia, the song that introduced me to Valensia’s music. Doesn’t sound much different. https://youtu.be/BC6nUoiFtvM

The whole OST is on iTunes, so you could listen to the previews there too. I’m in love with the Kate Bush vibes of World’S Gone Crazy.

Forever juggling half a dozen games across four different platforms. Sometimes I actually finish one.

Rambler

@jump
How was the festival? Jamie T is fantastic, although it's been about 15 years since I've seen him live. Were Blondie any good? It seems that Debbie's voice has gone, but Iggy's is still good?

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Both fests were fantastic, I didn’t see a bad set the entire time. I had to sleep most of the Sunday though.

The Jamie T day was more cool. The line up doesn’t look like it should mesh as there’s a rapper, a pop singer, a loudly talking post-punk band etc but it does because of how versatile Jamie T’s style is. I was getting annoyed as someone kept letting off flares/smokebombs with the wind blowing into my mate with asthma face but we moved away and it was all good. Hak Baker was really good, he talks to the crowd like he’s an old mate you bumped into the pub I’m so gonna see him again.

The Iggy Pop festival was a more fun day. You’re singing along with these punk classics chilling with a crowd filled 70 year old punks with brightly coloured Mohawks, young queercore fans and a few parents taking their teen kids to see bands together which was nice. I also spent too much on the merch stand, I got myself four shirts because I couldn’t decide on which one I wanted.

Jamie T was great, I do have some nitpicking about the setlist as I thought it could be tighter and build momentum more but he smashed it. He spoke about what a big day it was as it was his first headline outdoor show and how the industry pooped on him when he was just doing the right thing. I’m happy for him, he was one of those acts that connected with me when I was a kid and he grew up near me so a lot of the places he sings about where places I knew.

Blondie were probably the best band on the Saturday, her voice isn’t as good as it used to be but it still carried and the band were really tight. I personally thought she was the one out of all of the oldies who carried themselves the best as Billy Idol, Iggy Pop etc were trying to be young still so they looked stiff whilst Debbie was cool in a different way than when she was young by being goofy, dressing up as a disco ball during Heart Of Glass plus good chat with the crowd. It was her birthday the same day she played too.

Iggy Pop was good but his vocal were the worse (I’m not sure how much was because of the acoustics/sound guy though) but his backing band were fantastic with a brass section, a violin player etc to give his set some extra welly. I saw him 3 times before and this was the first time I saw him play Nightclubbing. Props to him playing topless still, he’s saggy but he owns it by slapping his belly and stuff.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@jump

It's funny how so many bands / singers are still going for it at such an age.
Its been a while since rock was just a young person's game, but it's fun seeing someone at it just because it's what they want to do (hopefully!! And nothing to do with hospital bills, etc).

I'm sure I've posted this before, but whatever. A great version to scare, well, anybody who comes
round. Foetus on saxophone as well.

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Ganner

Right now for me is the highly underrated Aerosmith album "Music From Another Dimension!" (2012). I love coming back to it from front to back and it always delivers.

This fire is burning and it's out of control. It's not a problem you can stop it's Rock and Roll!!!

jump

@Rambler Yeah, it doesn't help that people think all musicians are rich when the bulk of them are basically working/middle class. I feel bad for people like Seasick Steve who didn't break into music until his 60s so they are gonna have to tour hard to make a bit of cash now. Still creative performer types like to be creative and preform so I'd imagine alot would still want to be making music and preforming even at their late ages, jebus I'm going to British Summer Time at the weekend where 70 something Springsteen will be playing for 4 hours, I'm not even sure I have the energy to stand for 4 hours let alone what he's doing.

That was bloody horrible, it was like an improv jazz session to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

JONOFTHEJONS

I’m listening to Absolute Territory by Ken Ashcorp, it’s the only song on my playlist with all my favourite tunes in a song.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

jump

Despite almost constantly listening to music I'm terrible at actually keep up to date with new albums so I've spending today listening just to 2023 releases.

Hak Baker, I saw him last month at a festival and I came away fan of his now. He has an infectious earnestness about him you can't fake.

Young Farthers, less rigid than the last album and bloody good too, folk are probably right about how they are the Mercury Prize favourites.

Bully, so fudging good! It's her most post-grunge AND poppiest sounding album yet. It might be the album to take her to another level.

Metallica, like most of the albums since the 90s they get really close to making something on par with their 80s albums but they don't trim the fat leaving lots of bloat.

Babymetal, I know they are stupid but they are so much fun!

Dream Wife, I first time I heard about them a few years ago when Neil Gaiman tweeted he thinks people should check them out, I gave them a listen and they are bloody good. I saw them support Le Tigre recently, such a good pairing for a show.

Nicolai wrote:

AnVold

Just some retro style song about flowers

Edited on by AnVold

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

DannyBoi

Austin mahone mm yeah.

on an unrelated note, are there any autism threads here? I want to discuss things like my attraction to anime lads etc.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic