Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 2,108

Princess_Lilly

Thank you for all your recommendations, I'll check them out, I'm always hungry for more music!

@Rambler Nice explanation, thank you. I was asking about, well, how do you guys feel about it, and whether anybody has even heard of the phrase, I didn't expect such a detailed explanation! Thanks.

@Yannis I'm glad you liked it! Metal is pretty good, too, although I mostly listen to slower pieces, for example even in case of Dragonforce I listen to things like Trail of Broken Hearts, Starfire, or Dawn over a new world.

@dmcc0 Mogwai is one of the flagbearers of the post rock genre, I really like their early albums. My favorite albums change weekly too, that's a natural order of things

Princess_Lilly

Dpullam

I mean, the only album that I am currently listening to regularly besides my Liked Songs playlist on Spotify would be True Power by I Prevail. Most of the songs on that album are pretty solid as long as you like harder rock/metal music. I am also right this moment listening to the new Fall Out Boy album So Much (For) Stardust. It has been decent so far. It will be a grower on me for sure, especially since the only album of theirs I truly love is Infinity on High. I listen to a bunch of different genres of music but those are the ones in my current rotation. Might dip into Taylor Swift's newest album Midnights since I haven't given that one a listen yet. I don't really listen to any obscure bands.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Rambler

@Yannis Tiamat! The only album I've heard and got by them is Wildhoney, but I absolutely love love love it. I believe it's not representative of their later output, but it's just such a good record.

@ComfyAko - that post-rock/post-hardcore/post-punk thing was so important to me and my peers back in the day. Along with drum n bass, techno, dub, etc. There was something in the water in the early-mid 90s.
Obviously, I think everyone states their face decade is the one they grew up in, but I'm struggling to find a new sound from the last few years. Not to say that anything new is good, far from it - new Danny Brown / JpegMafia track is brilliant.

Rambler

Yannis

@Rambler Wildhoney was my entry point to this band and honestly it's such a gem. While not quite as heavy as their earlier works, it has a certain psychedelic aura coupled with experimental/melodic attributes that i've grown to appreciate after a couple of listens.

Edited on by Yannis

Yannis

Switch Friend Code: SW-1329-7751-0704 | Nintendo Network ID: Johnnie

Chaotic_Neutral

I think I'm getting older as my wife and I listen to a lot of Scott Bradley's PMJ covers.
We have been to see them live a few times and it's definitely a different vibe from other live shows.
I usually drive so cant participate in the festivities, but that means that I actually remember it.
its surprising how much more music you hear when you dont spend the Gig/ Festival weekend indulging in all manner of dodgy powders, pills and herbal remedies.

Here's a link of haley reinhart covering Creep in a vintage swing style to showcase Post Modern Jukebox for you guys who haven't heard them before.

Old Grumpy and stuck in my ways.

JoeDiddley

Good to see some post rock discussion here. I caught Mogwai on their most recent tour last month, and they were amazing.

They were supported by Brainiac who I had never heard of before, not knowing they split in the 90s after their singer died. Their stuff is fantastic too.

Recently I’ve discovered Fela Kuti, and also listening to some Mail Blues ahead of a few gigs coming up in May and June.

I’m going to see Bob Log III next week too.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic