Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,821 to 9,840 of 12,088

AstralRedStar705

@Snatcher I see no problem with the "new guys" actually I think they look great, much much better than the crummy mii's, and I hope, but also doubt they will completely replace mii's.

I play lots of Nintendo games, and Playstation games too. Mostly platformers, and rpg's. Also love playing multiplayer games with my friends!
Discord:AstralRedStar705#3469
If you want my friend code add me on Discord first then ask for it please, and thank you!

AstralRedStar705

@jump Yea but like I said, BOTW2 is a sequel NOT a completely new game and its taking just as long or longer than the original which I find ridiculous. The next trailer for the game will probably have to blow me away to get me interested to be honest. Also I feel like new games are taking way too long to make. I really hope new games can start coming out a little sooner because I don't like this new trend. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that?

Edited on by AstralRedStar705

I play lots of Nintendo games, and Playstation games too. Mostly platformers, and rpg's. Also love playing multiplayer games with my friends!
If you want my friend code add me on Discord first then ask for it please, and thank you!

jump

@AstralRedStar705 It's that kind of thinking from players which leads to crunch time and really in this day in age that kind of horrible work culture shouldn't happen.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AstralRedStar705

@jump I completely agree with you, I guess I'm just saying that I don't like how long it takes for new games to come out nowadays, it bothers me I guess.

Snatcher

@Losermagnet To be fair, I think he was harden to be that way, as when he was younger, he was much happier.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

I have to assume a huge part of BOTW 2's development cycle "delay" has been down to the optimisation. The weird irony of how weak the Switch is, is that it probably makes it more complicated to develop for, rather than less so. You're trying to make an open world title which competes in 2022, on hardware that is probably weaker than a base PS4, which came out almost a decade ago.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

BruceCM

Huh, it was only 1st announced in 2019, @AstralRedStar705 .... Although the basic ideas might come from while working on the original game, it doesn't mean the whole team started working full-time on the sequel as soon as the 1st was out, even

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Nintendo Switch is roughly 1/3 to 1/2 as capable as the base Xbox One, which itself was noticeably less capable than base PS4, so saying it's weaker than the base PS4 is putting it lightly.

There's probably a fairly hard limit atm in terms of how capable they can even make a hybrid platform in terms of viable on-paper specs. Just look at the battery life woes of the Steam Deck when running AAA games at 60fps.

I hope Nintendo is looking hard at various upscaling techniques and potentially other creative solutions to overcome the hard gap in specs they'll be looking at with their next-gen hardware.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg Nintendo Switch is roughly 1/3 to 1/2 as capable as the base Xbox One, which itself was noticeably less capable than base PS4, so saying it's weaker than the base PS4 is putting it lightly.

There's probably a fairly hard limit atm in terms of how capable they can even make a hybrid platform in terms of viable on-paper specs. Just look at the battery life woes of the Steam Deck when running AAA games at 60fps.

I hope Nintendo is looking hard at various upscaling techniques and potentially other creative solutions to overcome the hard gap in specs they'll be looking at with their next-gen hardware.

Wow! I knew the Switch was weaker hardware, but I didn't realise it was that weak. It is funny, because like you say, in terms of a true Hybrid which can deliver home console worthy titles on the go, the Switch is probably the first console to try and truly do that properly, which makes it probably the strongest step forward we've taken in that regard. So it manages to be in some ways cutting edge while also running on decade old hardware at this point.

I do agree that DLSS and other similar technology really is the future of gaming, in general. At least on PC, the fidelity loss is usually so minor it would take the most anal of us to notice a difference, but you can go from struggling to run a game at a solid 60 fps, to running it in the hundreds just by flipping on DLSS. The day of having to turn all your settings down are over.

You really have to assume that this kind of technology will be vital to the future of the Nintendo's console offerings if they really want to stick it out for the long haul. A native 1080p handheld display targeting 60 fps with the capabilities of being upscaled to 4K when docked, while still running in the native resolution of the handheld mode.

bimmy-lee

@Losermagnet - This will be an experiment for science. We have no idea what will happen, but someone has to be the first to do it. We just need a bite of his head/the thing sitting on his head, so it would be great if the little fella could just cooperate and make it easy. We don’t know what will happen. Will he be as delicious as he looks? Will we need our stomachs pumped? Will we be transported to the Rainbow Road? Who knows, but somebody once looked at a crab and decided to eat it, so we should be as brave.

Super Mario Bros 2 is my favorite 8bit SMB game. I know NL has done polls on this and a few people agree with me, but for the most part; this is probably fairly unpopular. It has my favorite music, unique gameplay for the series, I love picking the right character for the job, and I love some of the characters it sort of accidentally introduced, like Birdo; one of my favorite SMB villains. I understand it’s not a Mario game, but it is, and I love it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Yeah, you have to admire how some companies are able to "optimize" the hell out of certain games in order to get them running well on Switch. This is a big reason why so many Switch ports happen months after-the-fact.

Even with the limitations of mobile gaming tech, I think the future still looks pretty good for Nintendo. The generational gap in games keeps shrinking with every successive set of machines, meaning the console makers will increasingly be looking at sideways evolutionary steps to distinguish newer devices from older ones. And, yeah, a lot of technologies exist now to help bridge the divide in raw pixel output in weaker platforms.

This is assuming Nintendo doesn't do something stupid that nukes their own momentum with a largely uncontested hardware model, which is always possible.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

blindsquirrel

Mario 64 is the worst 3D Mario game. It is purely nostalgia based.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Sunsy

The Wii versions of Call of Duty are pretty impressive. I know many like to say how bad they are because the Wii doesn't look as good as the Xbox 360, PS3, or even PC. However, I always found it impressive that the games were actually ported and worked on lower end hardware, while other developers made "special" versions of games on Wii. For example, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on Wii is different than on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

I'll also mentioned, I enjoyed Hot Pursuit Wii, just really enjoyed its arcade-style of gameplay, even if it's not like the other versions. Did finally play the other version on Switch however, and I like both.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg Yeah, you have to admire how some companies are able to "optimize" the hell out of certain games in order to get them running well on Switch. This is a big reason why so many Switch ports happen months after-the-fact.

Even with the limitations of mobile gaming tech, I think the future still looks pretty good for Nintendo. The generational gap in games keeps shrinking with every successive set of machines, meaning the console makers will increasingly be looking at sideways evolutionary steps to distinguish newer devices from older ones. And, yeah, a lot of technologies exist now to help bridge the divide in raw pixel output in weaker platforms.

This is assuming Nintendo doesn't do something stupid that nukes their own momentum with a largely uncontested hardware model, which is always possible.

Hundred percent. While there are plenty of games on Switch which seem like severely compromised versions of games, there are a bunch of other titles which honestly feel like miracles that they can run at all, let alone well. It is a big reason why the Nintendo first party stuff is usually the best stuff on the console, it is their console so they have to take the time to make sure it works properly on their device.

It is also true the divide between even PC and consoles is closing, too, with things like raytracing really being like the new frontier that PCs will try and chase and get the leg up on over the course of this generation. While I am sure transformative in the right hands, it is very much - like you say - a sideways move, with less apparent benefits as say jumping from a rough 30 fps to a rock steady 60fps or higher. Or the jump from say gaming in 720p, to 1440p or higher.

In that regard, Nintendo have done quite well for themselves, their weak hardware doesn't slow them down and they've allowed the competition to test, optimise and streamline the latest tech, so when they do eventually swoop in and make a successor, it will be the most cost effective and efficient version of that tech, good for them and gamers alike.

AstralRedStar705

@BruceCM yea I guess you might be right I didn't think about it. Plus there was the dlc which came out like a year after so I guess it's more like 4 years?

BruceCM

Yeah, so they were still working on the original game until around that time, at least, @AstralRedStar705 .... If Monolith is helping, they've been busy with other stuff as well! Perhaps they shouldn't have said anything about BotW 2 as 'early' as they did, as that's probably the main 'problem' here! It's not that games that manage to only get announced a year or so before release haven't taken 5 or more years to actually make & we don't really know yet how much might be new yet

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

Ralizah wrote:

So true!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

I’m personally hoping new hardware is a long ways off, given I can’t really afford it at the moment, and I don’t want to fight scalpers just for the chance to get ahold of a more powerful console. I get this is probably a very unpopular take, given tons of people are clamoring for the next big console, but eh.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dogorilla

I agree but mainly because I just don't see the need for a new Nintendo console at the moment. The Switch is still going strong and still doesn't feel like it's been around for that long, even though it's now somehow older than the Wii U was when it was discontinued. I certainly wouldn't expect a new console generation any time soon given the comments Nintendo has made on the topic.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Euler

No, they need to make a Switch 2 (the most creative of names). I can't wait to see its marginally better graphics and pay 90$ for deluxe versions of Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, Splatoon 2, and of course Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. In fact, they should release a new console every year with brand new games and no backward compatibility.

Euler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic