Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 12,088

CanisWolfred

Nightfire and TWiNE are two that I always wanted to play, but never got a chance to because I hated Goldeneye growing up (because I never knew about the control options...also we always played on hard without realizing it).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

ekreig wrote:

The first Ace Attorney's "Cornered" theme is one of my least favorite Pursuit tracks in the series, even though so many fans swear it's the best.

And on the subject of AA music, a lot of fans seem to also bash Justice For All for having the weakest soundtrack in the series? One of the investigation themes was pretty annoying, but aside from that I thought the soundtrack was just as great as the others.

I don't think Justice for All's soundtrack is bad by ANY means, but I can see why people think it's the weakest. I feel like both sequels, barring some of the character themes, weren't able to capture the same type of instantly memorable music that the first game had. The fact that the original game was such a memorable experience, considering how unique it is (ESPECIALLY in America) and JFA is considered the worst of the original trilogy, that doesn't surprise me. Also the original games were all (admittedly improved) versions of songs from GBA games, so they could do much more with the music with Apollo Justice and beyond.

I'm not sure how popular or not this is but Apollo Justice has the best soundtrack of the series btw, and in reality Miles Edgeworth has the worst.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nightfire and TWiNE are two that I always wanted to play, but never got a chance to because I hated Goldeneye growing up (because I never knew about the control options...also we always played on hard without realizing it).

Goldeneye was good, but to me it always felt like a tech demo or proof of concept more than anything. Like a "look, FPSs can work on consoles too, here's how." And then TWINE and Perfect Dark were the full games. More so the latter, but TWINE was a solid product too. Definitely one of the best games based on the 007 license.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

Yeah, while I was impressed with Goldeneye recently Perfect Dark was much more interesting from what I've seen. Granted, I did play the remake on XBLA...

I hope Miles Edgeworth gets a re-release on VC, if only to so I could see what the fuss was about. Heck, I might like it more considering I think it's supposed to be more gameplay-focused compared to the other games (which is to say it's got more pointing and clicking and mini-game type stuff, IIRC)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

crimsontadpoles

CanisWolfred wrote:

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Most people seem to say about how awesome Goldeneye is, but I much preferred playing Nightfire. I only played them both on PS2, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Are you saying you've only played Goldeneye on the PS2? Because if so, you're probably talking about this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldenEye:_Rogue_Agent

Rogue Agent is NOT the game people always praise...

Yes, Rogue Agent is the only Goldeneye game I played. I didn't realise that it and the N64 game was completely different. This all makes a lot more sense now.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

I hope Miles Edgeworth gets a re-release on VC, if only to so I could see what the fuss was about. Heck, I might like it more considering I think it's supposed to be more gameplay-focused compared to the other games (which is to say it's got more pointing and clicking and mini-game type stuff, IIRC)

I dunno, it wasn't amazing and the coolest gameplay ideas were pretty underutilized.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I don't think E3 press conference hosts should be allowed to use foul language.

Now, I'm not some prude who thinks absolutely no one anywhere ever cusses, because I sure do a couple times a day myself, I'm sure (and I'd assume it's the same for most people), but an E3 conference isn't part of their everyday lives.

It's a professional presentation at pretty much the only event non-gaming press pay attention to (as well I'm sure gaming savy kids), and for a host to use bad language shows that they don't have respect for themselves nor their brand (which is made worse by the fact that usually it's forced in there in an attempt to appear "cool"), which isn't a good way to advertise the industry to the outside world.

While I know Nintendo's event was clean, and I don't remember anything too egregious from the Xbox event either (though I think there was something), I think I remember the Bethesda host drop at least one F-Bomb, and one of Sony's presenters (a guy with short blonde hair) seems to be pretty bad with this as well. I didn't watch the Ubisoft event, but from what I understand, their host (Aisha Tyler?) is like a trainwreck in this regard as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Shinion

Crash Bandicoot as a series is one of the worst platformers there is, uninspired, boring, bland, and overall terrible quality.
The Wii had a strong lineup of games, certainly not the best mainly due to lack of 3rd part support, but it's far from the 'casual shovelware' people label it. Name a genre, I'd probably have 2-3 at least great games of that genre that were Wii exclusives.
Skyward Sword is my favourite Zelda, though I understand why it is unpopular, I think it is totally unfair to label it a bad game, however, just because YOU didn't like the motion controls, many other people did.
Rare being bought by Microsoft was not the worst thing in the world to happen to them, most of their N64 games were very similar, Kameo and Viva Piñata in particular were great new games, just screw Microsoft for not backing them more. Rare Replay is a great idea and I am really optimistic about Sea of Theives.
Gen 4 are my favourite Pokemon games.
Square Enix's only masterpiece in their history is Chrono Trigger. Most of their games are extremely overrated (FF and Kingdom Hearts in general) great at best (Bravely Default and Super Mario RPG) or poorly treated in favour of their more popular games (Dragon Quest). Their 'western games' suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Though having said that, I am optimistic for FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3.
The Gameboy Advance was Nintendo's worst handheld, based purely on the quality of games. Most Nintendo series do not have their best games on that handheld, in fact some of their worst are there. The only truly excellent game that's a GBA exclusive is Mother 3.
Fianlly, what I believe to be the most overrated game of all time, Shadow of the Colossus. I agree that it's a masterpiece, a unique experience that is unlike any other, and it's very high quality. But it only took me 7 hours to complete, and a lot of that time was spent riding across a barren world and getting lost due to poor direction. There is next to no depth or customisation, essentially every single person has the same experiance, as they can't customise their character and they can't beat the Colossi in any different ways, further adding to this is the stupid necessity to beat them IN A FIXED ORDER. I agree the way of telling the 'story' was interesting and immersive, but it doesn't advance for the majority of the game, and is very predictable on the whole. Finally, the cherry on the cake was the extremely underwhelming final boss, who played that and thought it was a fitting end? In fact, a large percentage of the Colossi were repetitive climbing-up-to-head-stab-stab-stab sessions, with only like 4-5 being truly memorable and different. Essentially, it's a 7-8 hour repetitive boss rush with the most extremely underwhelming final boss with next to no cutomisation or gameplay variety and several sections getting lost with nothing to do in a barren world without an enticing story to keep you gripped. But after all that, as I said it's unlike any other game, when it's good it's sensational. I'd recommend it to anyone despite its many flaws, flaws that almost never get pointed out despite being plainly obvious. I am looking forward to The Last Guardian, but heaven forbid people point out its flaws if it has any, because I have a hard time finding people who don't consider SOTC as the perfect game, even tough it is far from it.
Is that controversial enough?

Shinion

AlliMeadow

RR529 wrote:

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I don't think E3 press conference hosts should be allowed to use foul language.

Now, I'm not some prude who thinks absolutely no one anywhere ever cusses, because I sure do a couple times a day myself, I'm sure (and I'd assume it's the same for most people), but an E3 conference isn't part of their everyday lives.

It's a professional presentation at pretty much the only event non-gaming press pay attention to (as well I'm sure gaming savy kids), and for a host to use bad language shows that they don't have respect for themselves nor their brand (which is made worse by the fact that usually it's forced in there in an attempt to appear "cool"), which isn't a good way to advertise the industry to the outside world.

While I know Nintendo's event was clean, and I don't remember anything too egregious from the Xbox event either (though I think there was something), I think I remember the Bethesda host drop at least one F-Bomb, and one of Sony's presenters (a guy with short blonde hair) seems to be pretty bad with this as well. I didn't watch the Ubisoft event, but from what I understand, their host (Aisha Tyler?) is like a trainwreck in this regard as well.

I agree with the sentiment, but due to respect for others. I think it's absurd to say that people cursing at a public event don't have respect for themselves. Cursing is a part of our language, and if used correctly it can be really effect-full. As I said, I agree that one shouldn't curse at public presentations, as a sign of respect to the consumers.

Edited on by AlliMeadow

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

CaviarMeths

I took far more issue with the sheer level of graphic violence in Bethesda's conference, actually. Though by the thunderous cheering at the mere utterance of the word "gore" by a PR rep, that's clearly a minority opinion.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haruki_NLI

I don't like Super Mario 64. And Im a Nintendo fan. I don't like the way some worlds are more identifiable within the castle, some levels annoy me, others are really fun. 100 coin missions can die especially with no checkpoints. Mario's control on small platforms seems to prefer him making a circle to turn around, causing death, and the game is horribly inconsistent. That hill in Bob-Omb Battlefield? Cant go up that. That near vertical pillar in Shifting Sand Land? By all means.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Socar

People really don't want to try out innovative ways of playing games. I mean seriously. If the DS is bad, its because of it having two screen when in reality, both are there as means of making it easier and more fun to play the games.

I feel as though if Nintendo makes their consoles like its competitors, the innovation while there on the software just can't do so much well on the hardware aspect. If Uprising was ported to Wii U with just the pro controller, I doubt it would make the experience any better because aiming is required and having analogs alone for the aiming might not suit for everyone else around.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

-Green-

I feel like a great reason that this gaming generation has been so dull is because of the gamers themselves. Although I do partially blame the companies, I blame gamers (consumers) more for demanding so much yet actually taking so little. They'll demand new and diverse IPs but when they come out, they don't back them up, and because of this companies don't want to produce new types of games that don't fall into the popular genres. Then they complain and blame companies for not innovating or introducing enough diversity into their games, but why would they when gamers have shown that they want more of the basic same stuff and if the companies do that, they get paid lots of money.

In my opinion, I find gamers are the main issue with this gaming generation.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CM30

At this point in time, Miyamoto is a hinderance for Nintendo rather than a help. His ideas about games are just outdated and hold back their potential while forcing in bad ideas because they're 'new' (like in Sticker Star).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

CaviarMeths

CM30 wrote:

At this point in time, Miyamoto is a hinderance for Nintendo rather than a help. His ideas about games are just outdated and hold back their potential while forcing in bad ideas because they're 'new' (like in Sticker Star).

The narrative that Miyamoto ruined Sticker Star is pure fantasy. He had almost no creative input in the game at all.

Whydoievenbother

I dislike twilight princess for completely different reasons than anyone else.
1 A lot of the cool new weapons introduced in TP (Wrecking ball, Spinner, etc.) are pretty much only used in the dungeon you find them in.
2 A lot of the new ideas in TP are just ideas taken from other games and lazily slapped onto the game (The entire wolf idea (along with the "cleanse the shadow world" idea) is from okami, some SOTC-esque bosses (and an SOTC-esque overworld), ICO-style enemies and dungeon design (especially the temple of time) etc.).

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

@Aromaiden I know, right? And sometimes, So-called "real" gamers will deem a new and interesting game "not a game".

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@CM30: He's barely involved in any of the games except the ones that he's making and being in charge.

Paper Jam isn't something that Miyamoto would be heavily involved in for instance.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

MrMario02 wrote:

2 A lot of the new ideas in TP are just ideas taken from other games and lazily slapped onto the game (The entire wolf idea (along with the "cleanse the shadow world" idea) is from okami,

TP was announced a year before Okami was announced and it was released only a few months after Okami but if TP hadn't been delayed for the Wii version it would of come out over a year before it did.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Storytime7

MrMario02 wrote:

A lot of the new ideas in TP are just ideas taken from other games and lazily slapped onto the game (The entire wolf idea (along with the "cleanse the shadow world" idea) is from okami, some SOTC-esque bosses (and an SOTC-esque overworld), ICO-style enemies and dungeon design (especially the temple of time) etc.).

This is not true. Both SOTC and Okami released after Twilight Princess was revealed. The only reason why Twilight Princess released after these two games was because it was delayed to be a launch title for the Wii. As for Ico, what ideas did TP take from that game? Shadow enemies? Those were done before Ico, and even in the Zelda series because of Dark Link. The temple of time in TP is a concept taken from past Zelda games and expanded into a full dungeon, not from other franchises. Controlling statues in the temple of time is also a mechanic brought back from Wind Waker, and not stealing the ability to have Yorda follow you in Ico.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic