Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 12,081 to 12,088 of 12,088

Grumblevolcano

@DiamondCore One viewpoint I see a lot is that a track called Dry Dry Desert shouldn't have an oasis. But the track is based on the Paper Mario (N64) area of the same name which does have an oasis.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

N00BiSH

I am not a fan of WarioWare Gold's voice acting. Partly because I don't really think WarioWare needed full voice acting, but mostly because the voices for the characters aren't all that great(the exception of course being Charles Martinet, who's having the time of his life playing Wario).

I know the older games had the characters voiced by employees from the localization team, but I feel that made the voices stand out better. The lines themselves weren't much to sneeze at, but the voices had an energy to them, some even had filters which made them stick in your mind a little more.

Gold's line reads, on the other hand, sound a lot more generic and I think that has a lot to do with there being more dialogue than usual.

Edited on by N00BiSH

I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle

VoidofLight

I just find it odd that Gold had full voice acting, then Get it Together didn't.. and now Move It does again.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

N00BiSH

@VoidofLight I actually kind of liked that they dialed it back in GiT, but it does show how generic the new voices are to what came before.

Edited on by N00BiSH

I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle

Sunsy

Starting to dislike the whole "you will own nothing and be happy" message some are pushing when it comes to digital games. As someone who plays on PC and bought lots of DRM-free games from GOG over the years, I have a feeling many saying this don't realize DRM-free games exist, or just ignore them completely.

I have all my GOG games backed up on a USB stick, as well as CD-R and DVD-R discs, I can install and play them even if I have no internet and if GOG went away, I can still play my games. GOG was down awhile back, and I was still playing my GOG games.

I get there's truth to it, but I get the feeling DRM-free games often go ignored in the conversation about digital games. Maybe it's because I play PC in addition to Nintendo consoles and know about the option, and uses it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Zuljaras

@Sunsy The problem is that ONLY GOG (as far as I know) is on the market with DRM-free games. Everyone else is pumping their digital games with DRM crap, in-game shops, micro transactions, ads and online-only services. And they have the audacity to tell us that the constant internet requirement is for delivering a better product for their gamers.

And the worst part are the "people" that buy those things and fool themselves it is worth their money.

Just look how many people defend games like Suicide Squad and Diablo 4. And the market will get even worse because more and more companies will have the motto "Release crap now and try to, MAYBE, fix it later."

Cotillion

@Sunsy They go ignored because a lot of these people don't seem to want a solution, they just want the attention.

Cotillion

Greatluigi

people saying that games in the 2000’s and 2010’s are better because they were play tested and didn’t require patches. There were tons of great games back then that sadly had some pretty nasty bugs and glitches like billy Hatcher having a bug where if you try to roll an egg onto a red rail it just falls straight through it and you have to treat it like a blue rail in order to use it properly and because patches didn’t exist back then the bug is in the game forever while nowadays the bug would’ve been patched. Although I do agree that Mario sports game were great back then due to not having to patch in any newer characters.

Greatluigi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic