Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 11,161 to 11,180 of 12,088

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika and if you zoom in on a pixel in the bottom eastern western southern corner you can see what looks to be Solid Snake (played by Oscar Issac).

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Then Mario will die in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate where every character we've met team up to fight the army of Master hands.

In this universe there is no snap, there was the clap and characters turned to stone.

edit I didn't mean to @ you 60 times I think I held down the reply button lol

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

I didn't really like Mario Odessey tbh, I beat it and haven't since felt the need to pick it up again.

NotArmani

Just getting reminded by my 40 hours on Pac-Man Museum+ compared to my 15 on Breath Of The Wild, and I'm not sure if this unpopular or anything but I prefer more replayable and shorter games compared to open world games. This might be a really stupid thing to say, since most open world stuff IS supposed to be replayable, and most very much are, however I feel that I'll get more mileage off of something that might take atleast 2-5 hours to beat, than something that's going to take 30-70. I do like my fair share of "open world" (I only put quotation marks because most of the examples for that I'm unsure are even classified as open world), but wouldn't you rather want to master something like Luigi's Mansion or original arcade games? Sure, they might not be the longest or heaviest in content, or have something crazy going for them in the fidelity/presentation department, but they end up making up for it by having satisfying and bite-sized gameplay, or tons of extras to unlock (something akin to Kirby's various arena modes, or a New Game+)! :333333

NotArmani

kkslider5552000

I do tend to agree. Replay-ability is underappreciated, and I've put more hours into Star Fox 64 than nearly any open world game. And quite frankly, there's only around like 4 open world games I've played that I could see myself replaying. (though ironically BOTW is one of them)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pizzamorg

While I do generally agree that these days too many publishers focus on quantity over quality, I do also think the need to make a game “replayable” also damages a lot of experiences, too. There is really nothing wrong with a game that you play once, enjoy the experience but then never touch again. I very rarely replay a game, and if I do find myself replaying something that I’ve already experienced end for end, then I know that is a very special game to me.

But even with live service games, too. I remember people talking about playing thousands of hours of games like Monster Hunter World, I played a couple of hundred over a couple of platforms (so I had to level from scratch the second time) and even then I felt like the well had completely run dry. I couldn’t imagine playing another 700 plus hours of that endgame.

I know not everyone can just buy a new game, so there is a value to people in games being very long or having high replay value. If I got a new game as a kid, that might be it for the most of the year, but as an adult I am always thinking about my next experience. That isn’t to say I don’t enjoy the experience I am in, because I do, but it will take a pretty special game for me to want to be “stuck” in a game for 60 plus hours, or a really special game for me to engage in the endgame content when I could move onto something new.

I have put around 600ish hours into The Division 2 and that is by far the most amount of time I have put into a live service game, even games like Destiny where if I total my hours in 1 and 2, I am probably still only around that same amount of time. That shows how special Division 2 was for me, that I stuck around in that game for as long as I did, when I could have moved onto something else.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Fizza

This is probably just childhood nostalgia talking but Sonic the Werehog is so damn cool.
Untitled
This guy is probably what sparked my love for werewolves in media to be honest, I always thought this buck was sick as hell. Certainly a lot more goofy on retrospect but man if the idea of a werewolf with extendable arms wasn't the coolest thing ever to 10-year old me then I don't know what is.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

moomin

I don't like the Japanese box art of FFVI that much. The composition is messy and it looks like it's trying just a little too hard to be "artistic". Plus it messes up the plain but charming packaging theme of IV and V:

https://i.imgur.com/u2mP12U.png

Edited on by moomin

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

blindsquirrel

@Fizza
Same, i never got why people hated the Werehog so much. I thought ( and still do) think it looks cool.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

FishyS

@NotArmani Ironically I find Luigi's mansion a little too 'open' for my tastes of replayability (although it's still a good game). I love truly bite-sized gameplay where you can not play for a month then pick up for 10 minutes and complete something without feeling lost. My overall favorite Switch games is Super Mario Maker 2 and I played it more than 10 times as much as BotW. I haven't played Pacman Museum+ quite as much as you but I imagine I will keep coming back to it periodically and eventually rack up a lot of hours; it doesn't have the literally infinite replayability of Mario maker, but it's still very fun to come back to. Although the current Pokemon game is a bit of an exception, most open world games I take a break from and then come back and kind of forgot where I was and replaying just doesn't seem that fun since it takes sooo many hours just for one thing.

Actually I like both games with bite-sized replayability and games which are simply shortish and finish and then you're done with them. I certainly play some longer games but the emphasis on rpgs or whatever which take100 hours kind of annoys me.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Jacket_p

Half-life is over-rated. It was a good game but it's not the GOAT people made it out to be. The second game is far better.

The Elder Scrolls games peaked with Morrowind and Daggerfall. I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim but there's something souless about them compared to the earlier games.

Dark Souls II is my favourite of the orginal trilogy.

Jacket_p

Zuljaras

@Jacket_p
"Half-life is over-rated." Shhhhh it will be over soon ...
Untitled

Oblivion and Skyrim are streamlined while Morrowind and Daggerfall are all about the adventure and figuring out things on your own by reading and listening. The other 2 are about following the marker

DS2 is really great! I agree! It is not my favorite of the trilogy, but it is not as bad as people are making it out to be!

PS: Half-Life 2 is better than one for sure, but the original was revolutionary for me!

Jacket_p

@Zuljaras Haha! I liked the orginal and it had some great moments but they all seemed to be in the first half of the game. And then there was Xen... It's just a game where the if they kept the quality of it up throughout it'd be shoe-in GOAT but it fell apart a little for me once the miltary appeared. Plus it just goes on for too long imho.

Jacket_p

moomin

The importance of video game preservation is largely overblown. I think it's a streaming-era mindset where not being able to access something is seen as some kind of cultural loss. I would argue that being able to access anything from anywhere 24/7 has done more damage to art and culture than losing a piece of media ever has.

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic