Von_Spaun wrote:

Just a few off the top of my head, in no particular order:

• Killing Floor 2 - PC/PS4
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - Wii U
  • Dragon Age Origins - PC/PS3/Xbox 360
  • Don't Starve - PC/Switch/Wii U/PS3/PS4
  • Dying Light - PC/PS4/Xbox One
  • Dawn of War II series - PC

An interesting collection. Thanks for the recommendation!

90liver

Wargoose

@damien33ad Ys VIII might be something you like, I've also heard good things about the darksiders series.

Wargoose

Buizel

Any recommendations for a fairly upbeat, action- and narrative-driven game for someone who's just completed the Uncharted series?

I've moved on to the modern Tomb Raiders but I'm finding them a bit too gloomy in comparison. Great games, but not scratching the same itch. I don't mind some dark and tense elements (Uncharted has its fair share of those), but I don't want them to be central to my experience.

For wider context, other action games that I've enjoyed recently include Spider-Man (PS4) and Control.

I have all major consoles so that's not an issue.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Wargoose

@timleon Yakuza Series is very good, it strikes a good balance between drama and comedy. Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 0 are both good starting points to the series.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is also great

Edited on by Wargoose

Wargoose

Buizel

@Wargoose Thanks for the suggestions.

I've actually started Yakuza 0 three times now, but never got past the first couple of chapters. I have a (somewhat active) playthrough that I've temporarily put on hold. Maybe I should get back to that (my problem is getting distracted with the side stuff - one benefit of the more focused Uncharted is that I'm done within a few days!)

FFVII remake was my game of 2020, I would happily play any game similar to that as well...

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Wargoose

@timleon

This is quite an old game now, but have you played Enslaved Odyssey to the West. I thought that was really good.

I've also just gotten into the Ys games(VIII and IX) recently, they're very good RPGs. They have a pretty fun battle system, and a good sense of exploration.

Wargoose

Buizel

@Wargoose yeah Enslaved is great. Its been maybe 5 years since I played it so I might give it another go sometime.

I do like Ys VIII, but I'm definitely not ready to take on a new RPG right now :/

At least 2'8".

CanisWolfred

Hey, are any of the console Mario Tennis games good for singleplayer? If so, which one would you recommend to start? I know there's Mario Power Tennis, Ultra Smash, and Aces.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

gcunit

@CanisWolfred I've not played Ultra Smash yet, but I seem to recall that Aces is essentially the same/similar match experience/engine, but with a campaign to it, whereas Ultra Smash was very bare bones and considered a bit of a derisory offering from Nintendo at the time, so tl;dr... Aces is Ultra Smash, but better.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Sutton

Persona 5
I cannot but recommend. Gorgeous game

Sutton

jedgamesguy

@Sutton It's a masterpiece, agreed. The visual style, voice work and gameplay are so stylish and unique.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@Sutton Never heard of it, oh wait is it like Ice Climbers or R.O.B. where it is one of these obscure old games featured in Smash that everyone pretends to know now to be cool ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

thriftyarek888

==(**^**) my first 1st place (**^**) ==

Taking in to consideration that I got this game last week!. How about that?

My Nintendo Switch friends code: SW-2605-4021-6923

Fun art, music, hot women, fast cars and more - check my insta: www.instagram.com/thriftyarek888 Thanks

My websites: Smartfit888 everyday good exercises. Epicfirsts888 raw & fun unedited news from around the world

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9727-6479

Heavyarms55

So, I usually don't mess with this forum but, after Stardew Valley, which I have milked for hundreds of hours, what would you folks suggest? There are various Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon and Farm Together.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55 wrote:

So, I usually don't mess with this forum but, after Stardew Valley, which I have milked for hundreds of hours, what would you folks suggest? There are various Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon and Farm Together.

Try Kitaria Fables, an upcoming Farming RPG indie game from Indonesia 🇮🇩 (my country) on Switch and PlayStation machines.
I have created my thread about Kitaria Fables and I have posted the Demo gameplay video of Steam version from YouTube.
Feel free to leave some comments over there.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

The latest Rick & Morty was very good - season 5 episode 2. Don't look for a trailer or anything. Just watch it.

(I noticed the TV & Streaming thread disappeared)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

The ABC Murders and And Then There Were None, two BBC three-part miniseries based on Agatha Christie novels released in 2018 and 2015 respectively. They both have very dark cinematography, atmosphere and tension, but the feeling in ATTWN, it’s terrifying even watching it on television. They’ve nailed the atmosphere and dread of a group of people that are isolated from the world knowing that any one of them could be killed next.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Jabrail222

I recommend that you play the game Frostpunk. It's a great action game. Speaking of which, I found it purely by accident. On the game site here. And I got it at a discount. Generally I do not see the point of overpaying for games. Because a lot of games are very expensive. Often I do and that's it.

Edited on by Jabrail222

Jabrail222

edhe

Is the Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth game worth playing? I'm on a Ace Attorney kick at the moment (halfway through Resolve, and playing the first trilogy again), but I've never played the spin-off.

It's quite expensive secondhand.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Lugazz

If possible, go watch Dune!

Lugazz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic