Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 1,991

Meowtic

Amiibo wrote:

In terms of games to play the 3ds easily has three times the amount of games.

Well to be honest with you, i am kinda confused with myself. I really want the WII U badly, but at the same time i really want the NEW NINTENDO 3DS badly. Remember, i am gonna buy both of them, so i want to know what to buy first and what to have to entertain myself. I don't travel allot, but i usually go to my farm, and my uncles house, so yea that's why the NN3ds will come in handy, but on the other hand, if i don't go out that much, then it would be better for a Wii U, because of better graphics and stuff. So this is really making my life super hard. I am gonna go to the US in may something, and then i may move to the US (right now i am living in south america, and the prices for Wii U are like 600 dollars here so lol)

Meowtic

CanisWolfred

I recommend getting the 3DS if money is an issue. It'll be more convenient and you'll have more to play as you save up for the bigger ticket item. There will likely be more to play on the Wii U by the time you'll be able to get it as well. Unless you find a great deal on a Wii U during your visit in the U.S. of course, but the games on the Wii U are a little more expensive, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Meowtic

CanisWolfred wrote:

I recommend getting the 3DS if money is an issue. It'll be more convenient and you'll have more to play as you save up for the bigger ticket item. There will likely be more to play on the Wii U by the time you'll be able to get it as well. Unless you find a great deal on a Wii U during your visit in the U.S. of course, but the games on the Wii U are a little more expensive, too.

Well i never thought about that!! Well, the WII U has plenty of nice games right now, correct me if wrong, but you do have a point. My point of view has changed allot from what you told me right now. Anyways, what do you own? do you own both? If you own both could u tell me the Cons, and Pros of the Wii U??? Thanks!

Meowtic

Kami2Kami

@DiegoTheNintendo I have both the Wii U and New 3DS. In all honesty, I have probably spent more time on my 3DS than my Wii U. But that's not to say the Wii U is bad, quite the opposite. There are just games that exclusive for both systems and really it depends on what you want to play. I wouldn't be too concerned with the graphics on the 3DS as once you turn the 3D effect on, your mind will be blown away... that is until you get used to it and it becomes normal to have it on. If it were me, I'd get the New 3DS first - only because I like it more (personal opinion) but for anyone else I'd probably say Wii U as Splatoon is gonna be out soon!!

Systems: Wii U, Wii, New 3DS Ambassador Edition, 2DS
Amiibo Collection: Villager, Rosalina, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Shulk, Fox, Yoshi, Toad, Squid Inkling, Meta Knight, Ganondorf (pre-ordered), Yarn Yoshi (pre-ordered)

Nintendo Network ID: Kami2Kami

gcunit

I think the Wii U is the more polished offering, but if you're only getting one to begin with then it's common sense to get the N3DS first as you can take it everywhere.

But if I had to give one up, I'd give up the N3DS. It doesn't have MK8. Or SSBU. Or Bayonetta. Or W101.

Get the Wii U. Now.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

amybaker

I am on a tight budget but I REALLY want to play pokemon again... The last product I had was a nintendo ds (first ever one)
but the last pokemon game i bought was pokemon ruby I have searched the whole house up and down and i cant find it anywhere so ive looked into buying a nintendo 3ds...but i cant really afford that so my question is what 3ds should I get and I will also be buying pokemon x
should i get a nintendo 2ds is it as good or would it be better to get a 3ds??
PLEASE HELP.

amybaker

gcunit

If all you care about is Pokemon then get a 2DS.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Speaking of X3 I actually never did play that one either. How is it? Apparently the level design is pretty bad in it.

The level design is pretty bad in it. I honestly had to use passwords to get a lot of the gear before I could make any progress...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Vinny

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is Megaman X5 fun enough to play just to see how Inafune wanted to wrap up the story before Capcom messed it all up?

I've always heard X5 heavily dropped the ball after how good X4 was. Been meaning to play it for years, but never got around to it. It and X6 is the only X games I haven't played.

X5 is one of my favorites. The soundtrack is really great, there are many remixes from earlier games in the series.
One of the reasons people don't like it as much as X4 is because they ditched the animated cutscenes in favor of static images.

X3 isn't that bad, at least you don't have to complete an armor to proceed like in X6.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

CanisWolfred

GreatGoateeGuy wrote:

Does a good One Piece game exist?

I like the One Piece Warriors games, and most people liked Unlimited World Red a lot, though I haven't played it yet (was there a demo? I think I played a little, but the game's still shrinkwrapped. Maybe I watched a thorough video of it...)

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Hendesu

GreatGoateeGuy wrote:

Does a good One Piece game exist?

There's Romance Dawn.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

RegalSin

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Speaking of X3 I actually never did play that one either. How is it? Apparently the level design is pretty bad in it.

X2 and X3 are the official last real MMX games before the PSX/Saturn MMX4.

X2 have an alternative ending and battles, most importantly is the battle with evil Zero. This is important for MMX fans as this Zero ( rebuilt evil Zero ) holds all of Zero's special powers that appears in the series afterwards into MMZero on the GBA.

MMX3 allows you to switch between Zero and X. Also there are variant battles against Sigma crew including Vava. This game also have alternatives to armor you collect as well.

MMX2 is the better game while MMX3 is the ending.

MMX4 is pretty much just an fireworks show of the extra processing power, but what is funny is how the sprites are gigantic compared to the the previous versions. MMX4 could have and should have been on the SNES but we got the PSX/Saturn game instead.

MMX5 along with MMX6 is run off of the original games. Somewhere between X4 and X5 the creator tapped out, and it was all Capcom. He focused more on the Zero series on the GBA.

The reason why X5 and X6 are not considered big hitters is because the games moved away from Zero's love triangle and featured an bunch of wanna-be robots.

We have an roll clone, and robby clone, and Sigma clone. It is like the Run-off family of Megaman we have expected to see instead of seeing Zero fight for some affection from some girl with an Zenigata peoples military cop for an brother. It is so ridiculous. Another thing about MMX4 was how the General Catfish guy used and reuse all of Sigma's previous moves. Which was funny. Then there was death Sigma. Sigma in X5 and X6 makes no sense at all. It just seems insane. What is even more insaner is when Sigma is defeated and we start seeing the Megaman Legends characters comes into play. That was real fast thinking about it, and all.

[quote=Amiibo]

DiegoTheNintendo wrote:

In terms of games to play the 3ds easily has three times the amount of games.

If you want an cheap system then just find an listing with an cheap Wii system and have it shipped to you at your expense ( DHL I assume is the most popular choice in South America?? ). If your not older enough then ask an consenting adult to do the buying. In my opinion if the product is too expensive there then do not bother getting into it. There are tons of free sources elsewhere in the world.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

Whydoievenbother

I never could get into multiplayer-centric games. Do you know a good place to start?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Jaz007

MrMario02 wrote:

I never could get into multiplayer-centric games. Do you know a good place to start?

I started with Destiny, and loved it. It puts you with other people in both co-op and competative modes, but doesn't require real coordination, just trying to play smart. If you have a system for it, then at least try the trial out. I'd reccomend doing a strike in it if you can.

Jaz007

Faruko

MrMario02 wrote:

What do you mean about multiplayer centric games ? And in what way can you not get into them (Not like them, community full of assholes, etc...) and What kinda of games do you like also.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Faruko

TF2 is the nicest multiplayer game ever created, even the community is amazing.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic