Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 1,991

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm thinking I need to kickstart my gaming mojo with some pick-up-and-play, arcade-style games, but it's surprisingly hard to find decent games in the genre that aren't rediculously hard....I just need a game that actually makes me feel like I'm progressing, but I don't want to have to feel like it's a big time investment...I have surprisingly few games of that type, at least as far as I can find (I really NEED to update my Backloggery, I can't keep track of what I have just in my head anymore, especially with all these digital games...).

Anybody have any suggestions?

Apparently what I wanted specifically was NES Remix. Huh.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

So lately I've been getting some Eminem music, but often enough the clean versions need some more cleaning. Right now I'm using Audacity, but I'm wondering if anyone knows about any better music editers? Especially in the vocal removing section. It doesn't have to be free, but it can't be really high-end expensive either.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

theshowoff0

my birthday is coming up and i'm wondering which one to get. should i go cheap(not that the price matter,i would pay whatever) and get the 2DS...or the middle, 3DS, or get the newest handheld that came out the new 3DS xl. which one is better? does any have any exclusive games on it or coming out.

theshowoff0

Tasuki

Honestly I would go with the New 3DS for the very simple reason is its the most current one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LzWinky

Is Towerfall Ascension any good in single player? I remember immensely enjoying it with friends

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

TingLz wrote:

Is Towerfall Ascension any good in single player? I remember immensely enjoying it with friends

Actually yes. Not as good, but still pretty fun, and immensely challenging. There's two modes with Singleplayer: Quest Mode and Trial mode. Quest mode puts you through a series of guantlets where you have to clear the playing field of monsters before you can proceed to the next challenge. There are 9 stages (IIRC), each with a varying number of battles that must be completed without losing all your lives (I think you always have 5 lives, but I honestly never paid attention). The 9 stages are plit into 3 roups, and while you have to beat every stage in the group to unlock the next group, you can play the stages within each group in any order you want, and some stages might be easier than others depending on your skill. It's a very arcade-y mode meant to sort of teach you how to play the game without just being a glorified tutorial. Personally, I've spent more hours on the Quest mode than...anything else on the PS4. It's really challenging, but also really addicting, especially if you like beating your high scores, though it didn't take long before it was hard enough for me to just to complete the stages, let alone get a gold medal.

The second mode is the trial mode. I haven't gotten far, but it's sort of like your usual challenge mode, so if you're into high scores and action-puzzle stuff, it's fun, too. I don't know if it ever gets to the point where you encounter actual enemies, though. I got to stages 8 and I was mostly shooting dummies or stationary enemies.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Meowtic

Hello! So i am new to nintendo, and not very experienced with it. Today i came to ask help to know what should i buy. I know for a known fact i am gonna buy eventually both of them, but right now i can just buy one!
If you choose any of this options be sure to put the cons, and pro.

Meowtic

CanisWolfred

DiegoTheNintendo wrote:

Hello! So i am new to nintendo, and not very experienced with it. Today i came to ask help to know what should i buy. I know for a known fact i am gonna buy eventually both of them, but right now i can just buy one!
If you choose any of this options be sure to put the cons, and pro.

...pros and cons of...what, exactly?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Meowtic

prons and cons of the wii u and the new nintendo 3ds xd. Sorry, i was not specific i guess

Meowtic

CanisWolfred

Nevermind, saw the thread.

Wii U vs. New 3DS is a tough one for someone who is new to Nintendo. If you've played other systems or maybe even computer games before, it'd be easier if we knew what types of games you liked. The biggest differences between the two systems are their libraries - hardware-wise, they're both well-built and comfortable, though both have fairly short battery lives that last roughly 4 hours (though for the Wii U you might be able to get ahold of an extended battery for the Gamepad controller). But there's a huge difference in the types and amounts of games available for the each system, especially if the digital eShop is an option for you. I'd rather go into specifics once I know what genres you like and whether or not you prefer to play long sessions or short sessions, if portability matters to you, if difficulty matters to you, etc.

Oh, and of course, if price is an issue. The Wii U is more expensive right now, and if you want to look into Ninty's back catalogue, some of the best original Wii games are much more expensive than some of the better original DS games, excluding RPGs (older RPGs are almost always more expensive), not to mention the Wii U has a much bigger Virtual Console section thanks to the Wii Shop Channel in Wii mode (many of which still aren't available in the native Wii U eShop yet...), but again, that'll depend on availability. I see you're from Equador, so I'm not sure if you guys have the same stuff in the Digital sections just yet...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Meowtic

CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred
1,832. Posted: Sun 19th Apr 2015 12:12

Nevermind, saw the thread.

Wii U vs. New 3DS is a tough one for someone who is new to Nintendo. If you've played other systems or maybe even computer games before, it'd be easier if we knew what types of games you liked. The biggest differences between the two systems are their libraries - hardware-wise, they're both well-built and comfortable, though both have fairly short battery lives that last roughly 4 hours (though for the Wii U you might be able to get ahold of an extended battery for the Gamepad controller). But there's a huge difference in the types and amounts of games available for the each system, especially if the digital eShop is an option for you. I'd rather go into specifics once I know what genres you like and whether or not you prefer to play long sessions or short sessions, if portability matters to you, if difficulty matters to you, etc.

Well, I personally like HD games. I love zelda games, and i am looking forward for mario 3ds world. I like pokemon, and those types of stuff. I like fantasy games. So, both library of games are perfect for me. I just need to know in your opinion, what do you have, and if you have the both whats the one you prefer?

Meowtic

CanisWolfred

...I have both and I prefer my 3DS, because I actually play it. Portable games are easier for me to play since I'm not tethered to a chair, nor do I have to worry about the TV its attatched to being used. Not to mention my job limits the time I have to play games, and I can bring my 3DS along for my 3-4 hour daily commuting time.

But that has nothing to do with the system itself. I should note, if I had more time, I'd probably play the Wii U games more because there's a ton there that appeals to me in a greater variety of genres. Seriously, 80% of my 3DS games are RPGs to some degree. The rest have largely gone unplayed...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Meowtic

CanisWolfred wrote:

...I have both and I prefer my 3DS, because I actually play it. Portable games are easier for me to play since I'm not tethered to a chair, nor do I have to worry about the TV its attatched to being used. Not to mention my job limits the time I have to play games, and I can bring my 3DS along for my 3-4 hour daily commuting time.

But that has nothing to do with the system itself. I should note, if I had more time, I'd probably play the Wii U games more because there's a ton there that appeals to me in a greater variety of genres. Seriously, 80% of my 3DS games are RPGs to some degree. The rest have largely gone unplayed...

Oh ok. So personally, my family does not travel that much, just in vacations, but i would love to have a portable device also, for example, if i am going to go to my farm, i cant take the gamepad there cuz it wont work, but i can take the new 3ds. I would buy the 3ds, if it had better graphics. I personally think the games in the Wii U are better: For example: The Legend Of Zelda: WindWaker, The legend of zelda (not out yet, it was suppose to be in 2015, but nintendo sayed, its not possible, so 2016 :/) Mario Party 10. ETC. So this is the hardest decision i have had in my life with consoles!

Meowtic

unrandomsam

I think if you have never really played any Nintendo games before then Wii U is the best choice. The difficulty curve is probably ideal. The lack of quantity will be less of a problem because everything is new. The issues with things being more of the same are none existent.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Meowtic

unrandomsam wrote:

I think if you have never really played any Nintendo games before then Wii U is the best choice. The difficulty curve is probably ideal. The lack of quantity will be less of a problem because everything is new. The issues with things being more of the same are none existent.

Well, sorry for not explaning well then. Ok so, i am not a NOOB at nintendo. I own the N64, GameCube, Wii, Gamebody, Gamboy color, and the Gameboy advanced, so i know some things about nintendo. I know the basics like, what is pikmen, what is super smash bros, nintendo bought sega, and all of those stuff, but i am not a expert, like in super smash bros 4, I did not know who was that guy SHULK, but then i went to the nintendo site, and it was from xenoblade conicles (or however you spell that) I have every super smash bros game, but not the 4. I litteraly have the first one from N64. Melee was the best one in my oppinion. So i know allot of things, that may help me. But like you said the New Nintendo 3ds, has some RPG games that i don't even know existed. So yea! i really need help and till now, i have gotten little help but no worries!

Meowtic

LaserdiscGal

Nintendo didn't buy sega.

Also, what is a Gamebody?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Meowtic

Amiibo wrote:

Nintendo didn't buy sega.

Also, what is a Gamebody?

Opps, yea nintendo did not buy sega, my wrong.
And we both know what Gamebody is, READ THE REST OF THE POST, don't be a jerk, it was an accident :/

Meowtic

LaserdiscGal

You listed it right after the Wii, I was legitimately confused and thought it may be a region exclusive name for a separate nintendo console.

As for an opinion on what to get, go 3ds. Far more Software to pick from, and the price is better.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Meowtic

Amiibo wrote:

You listed it right after the Wii, I was legitimately confused and thought it may be a region exclusive name for a separate nintendo console.

As for an opinion on what to get, go 3ds. Far more Software to pick from, and the price is better.

Oh lol, sorry for sounding like a jerk then :/ . Well, what do you mean by "Far more Software to pick from"??

Meowtic

LaserdiscGal

In terms of games to play the 3ds easily has three times the amount of games.

LaserdiscGal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic