Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 978

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly Kinda like Zane in Season 3. Oh, btw I got the Season number mixed up, it's Season 4 not 5.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly the second reboot after the Movie was a real decline imo

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly and it's original (kinda). One of the new Seasons had crystals as a gimmick and that showed they can flex the style a bit.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly It's probably more rewatchable than most new episodes of Spongebob.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly more like 1000. I wonder how the Simpsons are doing lol (never seen the show just the memes).

blindsquirrel

I decided to rewatch Arrow, and season 1 is a lot better than I remember. Really wish the show would have kept the same tone as the first few seasons ( and season five), instead of whatever the heck seasons 6 and 7 were.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Kermit1doesmath

@Colonel_Mustache They should have probably done less is more with that scene. Leaving things to the imagination is almost better than anything you can show.

tbh kinda a shame the show's TV-MA, I'm getting kinda tired of cool concept shows (like this one) going mature. Watch what you want though, I got Chuck still.

Kermit1doesmath

@Colonel_Mustache directing and editing go hand and hand. That channel has some great videos if you wanna learn more about film and style and history.

RR529

Eureka 7 (Blu-Ray)

I first watched this years ago on Adult Swim & it absolutely captivates me everytime I watch it (I binged all 50 episodes in 2 weeks, lol). Really has to be one of my favorite romance stories in anime, and what's not to love about giant robots? Has some of the best pieces of OP music ever as well (especially OPs 2 & 4).

Trailer:

OP2:

OP4:

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kermit1doesmath

October 1, 2022

A new series (season) will be next year. There are not too many details on it as of now.

RR529

Bubblegum Crisis (Blu-Ray)

80's anime OVA (original video animation) that follows the Knight Sabers, a group of women with power armor, who combat Genom, a corrupt robotics company illegally manufacturing military grade androids called "Boomers", by night in a cyberpunk flavored Tokyo.

Animation is kinda rough in the first part, but it gets better & better with each one & I'd say by part 4 it's really at the top of it's game (plus the whole aesthetic is just awesome & much superior to what the anime industry turns out these days IMO). Definitely some "Terminator" & "Blade Runner" influences, but again as it goes on I think it definitely makes a mark of it's own.

In terms of narrative it ultimately doesn't reach a stark conclusion, with parts 1-3 & 5-6 being the only ones that really act as connected little arcs (with parts 4, 7, & 8 kinda being the most independent stories), but honestly I found the latter parts to be more enjoyable overall even if they're more standalone (maybe save part 6 for last if you want a sense of completion. Without getting too spoilery, it seems like it leaves Genom in the worst spot out of all of them). I watched it dubbed in English, which while technically bad due to age, gave it a certain charm.

Fun Easter Egg: Near the start of I think part 3, a character brings up a map of the city on a computer screen, and all the points listed on it are "Top Gun" references, such as Hollywood, Tom Cruise, Kelly McGinnis, Maverick, & Goose.

Kandagawa Jet Girls (Blu-Ray)

Hoping to follow in her mother's footsteps as a professional in the sport, Rin Namiki decides to move from her small home town to attend high school in Tokyo in the hopes that it'll have a Jet (Ski) Racing Club. Problem is the school shuttered the program years ago & to have any hopes of reviving it she'll have to win the support of fellow classmate Misa Aoi, a former prodigy who gave up the sport after mysterious circumstances.

Honestly the story is pretty much fluff about the power of friendship (& all the girls introduced are walking tropes, with the rich girls, the delinquents, the American weebs, the idols, the shrine maidens, etc). That's okay though as it's really just an excuse to have a bunch of anime girls in wetsuits, bikinis, or nothing at all (expect to see at least one scene in every episode, usually a bathing one, dedicated to detailed breast shots). It's far from high art, but it's not trying to be & delivers on what it IS trying to do, so it's hard to find much fault in it unless the idea itself is off-putting to you (which is understandable).

That said, credit where credit is due, the actual racing can be fun & it nails that summertime fun in the sun vibe aesthetically (you get a real sense that the studio has an appreciation of nature, especially the episodes spent at Rin's small seaside town).

I decided to check it out after playing the game tie in (available on Steam & PS4), which was actually pretty fun if easy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

card-crunch78

These are on my "current show" watchlist:

-Alice's Wonderland Bakery
-Dino Ranch
-Eureka!
-Spidey and his Amazing Friends

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

WoomyNNYes

I think it's funny that this sketch is what sparked my interest to try watching The Mandalorian. I didn't know who played the Mandalorian, and I didn't know who Pedro Pascal was until he recently hosted SNL. He seems pretty great. (if anyone doesn't know, Pedro Pascal is the guy in the hospital bed. XD )

I recently finished season 2, episode 5 of Mandalorian. I like it!

EDIT: AHHhh, I was dying to know the origin of the Waking Up sketch. Thank god youtube recommended this video, where Seth Myers asks Pedro about the origin of the sketch. XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

blindsquirrel

Mandy season 3 is off to a good start. My only issue is how Grogu was used. It seems like he is only there to be cute. Heck, even during fight scenes they just randomly cut to a shot of him staring at the fight for no reason. It is okay a few times per episode, but it has gotten to a point where the show runners can’t god 2 minutes without having a random shot of Grogu doing something. This was an issue in the past 2 seasons but it seems to have reached a new level this season.

blindsquirrel

@Colonel_Mustache
Hopefully he does. As of now I’m not really seeing a reason for him to be in the show, other than just to look cute.

Don’t get me wrong, I really liked the episode but this is a problem I have had with the series for a while.

XandertheWise

watching the last two episodes of Season 2 of Eureka and its been a long long time since ive seen all of the show when it was on the Sy Fy Channel years ago.

Just wondering what's everyone's favorite season of Eureka?

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic