Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 962

Okami1

@WoomyNNYes Great! I wonder if maybe some of the legacy series will be on Disney+ too.

dysgraphia awareness human

TeaCatherine

@Kermit1 As in ye olde Doctor Who?

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

WoomyNNYes

@TeaCatherine @Kermit1 For outside the UK, I'm assuming Disney+, with their large budget, will have all Doctor Who since the 2005 reboot. I guess we'll see. (edit, actually, I thought I recalled it will be exclusive to disney plus starting in late 2023. (The doctor will remain with the BBC in the UK))

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

TeaCatherine

@WoomyNNYes Oh, I'm in the UK, I just wondered if @Kermit1 meant post reboot or classic by "legacy"?

WoomyNNYes

@TeaCatherine On the previous page, we were talking about the new upcoming Doctor Who season, and the three specials in November 2023.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

TeaCatherine

@WoomyNNYes Oh yeah, I knew that, it just seemed to me like he might have meant the old ones, guess I was wrong.

TeaCatherine

@Kermit1 So, we were both right then. You watched any before?

Okami1

@TeaCatherine I've watched bits and pieces and read about the long history of the series. It's really hard to be a Doctor Who fan in Canada lol, the show is not on any platforms and the DVDs are hard to find and very pricy.

I like David Tennant the most.

Edited on by Okami1

TeaCatherine

@Kermit1 Yeah, it suck when things have that problem. I liked pretty much all the reboot ones up until Jodie Whittaker, although I'm pretty sure that was 'cause they changed the writer to someone who didn't seem to be very good.

Okami1

@TeaCatherine ya... she sucked tbh... The new Doctor (not Tennant) seems cool.

TeaCatherine

@Kermit1 I honestly don't know who that is? I don't follow TV news.

jump

Matt Smith was the best Doctor, FIGHT ME!

@Kermit1 I found Jodie Whitaker to be great though, she was full of charm and energy needed to be a Doctor and she also made a nice counter following Peter Capaldi's grump. If you watch Adult Life Skills a film she did before becoming The Doctor you can see she was really perfect casting.

The problem was they went from Steve Moffat as the head writer (the guy behind Sherlock) who brought so many great ideas to the show to the guy who did the Who spin off Torchwood yet was running out of ideas then but they didn’t want someone from outside so you could feel the lack of freshness of energy behind the show. That’s why I’m in two minds about Davis returning, he’s a great writer still as his recent show It's A Sin proves but Who is show always needing an injection of ideas and energy to the writing. Plus I’m being cautious from having Americans involved in it now, I can see it being like Black Mirror a very British show that once Americans got involved a lot of it was suddenly set in America despite it being a show built on British snarky cynicism.

@TeaCatherine The new guy is Ncuti Gatwa who seems cool. He done a lot of serious theatre acting but I’ve watched him in Sex Education and he’s got the chops and the energy to be a Doctor. Although out of everyone from that show to become a Doctor I would have suspected it would be the weird girl who writes alien erotica instead of him.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TeaCatherine

@jump Ah, thanks. I'll probably start watching it again, did not know the previous guy did Torchwood, would you say that was worth a watch?

jump

@TeaCatherine I stopped watching it before it ended as I wasn't hugely impressed with it yet I didn't think it was bad. So if you want more Who then go for it, I just don't think it needs to be on top of someone's list to watch though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TeaCatherine

@jump Oh, in that case, it can go on my list of things to watch if I have absolutely nothing to do.

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Really? Oh my god! The show should do just fine then.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I’m gonna have fun reading it lol.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Thank you for telling me that before hand, oh boy what this will be.

Okami1

@Eagly They handled that better than Ninjago they just made Zane a robot instead... Though Season 5 is amazing and if he wasn't a robot that amazing Season wouldn't be real and I'd be sad.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic