Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 978

XandertheWise

finished up on season 1 of Switched at Birth on Hulu.

and thinking about rewatching The Fosters which has been a long time since i watched the show on Netflix like 10 years ago or whatever. That and try to get into the spin off show Good Trouble

XandertheWise

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture I'd talk about how good the show is... I just don't know how not to spoil it.
Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika If they bring it back, it will have huge shoes to pick back up again. Get Dan Harmon to write the show since Joss Wheaton is a "creep".

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture Dan Harmon can do Sci-Fi he's proved that. He's (kinda) worked with Nathan Fillion (it was a guest role, so it counts).

That reminds me... I'm Dan Harmon

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture (I'm not Dan, I just thought it be funny if he sees this thread and me pretending to be him)

TeaCatherine

@Kermit1 Rule number 1. Don't explain the obvious. (It makes the joke less funny.)

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Fizza

Finally got around to watching Owl House: For The Future and am on the verge of throwing up from happiness, oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god WHAT. A. SHOW. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Also Stringbean is so f****** cute I'm gonna lose it guys.
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

How has Disney made Extraordinary? The show reeks of Channel 4 British sitcom through and through and wouldn't look out of place next to the likes of Spaced, Skins, Dead Pixels or Misfits.

Love that mix of awkward and punchy brash humour, the casting of "Jizzlord" is possibly the greatest bit of casting of all time and the soundtrack slaps. It's right on the now with the likes of Wet Leg, Self Esteem and Slowthai plus throws in all time indie favourites like The Clash, Spiritualized and The Flaming Lips too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

I'm starting to think Velma might actually be one of the greatest pieces of meta-work since Beavis & Butthead, where teenagers blankly laughed at a telly which was showing teenagers blankly laughing at a telly.

The irreverent adult cartoon sitcom has it's lost power it once had. The Simpsons created outrage for showing the decay of the Americana nuclear family has been spun into well they are wholesome loving family as they go to church, South Park which has a warning on the show to not take it seriously only to create actual political/social terms for use in the mainstream zeitgeist and then Rick & Morty fans gets celebrated for how "smart" they are for watching the show yet Velma comes along with no apologies saying it's gonna be offensive and controversial which no one believed it would is now having people hate watch it to be offended by it like a new modern Howard Stern.

In terms of playing people so they can absorb their hate to fuel the show you have to admit it's a job very well done. đź‘Ť

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

TeaCatherine

@SlashFuture Yup, from what I can tell, it's not the type of place you should go for TV or gaming stuff.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

WoomyNNYes

Saw Russell T Davies on Graham Norton Show. Doctor Who Christmas episodes are back! Christmas will be the new doctor's first full episode. November will be three specials starring David Tennant & Catherine Tate (dona noble).

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

The more people hate on Velma the more I can't help but think it's brilliant. I couldn’t stomach the show myself as it’s a try hard but the way it's playing the smart marks is uber tier trolling. lol

"I hate Velma as it’s offensive and controversial"

"Aren’t those irreverent sweary adult cartoons meant to be not taken seriously as they intend to be offensive"

"But no, it's making fun of everyone"

"You mean like South Park does"

"No, it's making fun of their own fans"

"You mean like Rick & Morty does"

"But no one cares or watches it"

"Hasn't all the people become emotionally invested into hate watching Velma turned it into ratings hit and people complaining about it keeps it trending on the social media webs like other must see tv which has now powered into pop culture relevance more than another so-so Scooby Doo show would have"

"But I hate it!"

@WoomyNNYes I'm still in two minds myself. Russell did a great job making modern Who but towards the end of his run was just phoning it in and I honestly found it creepy how every companion was treated badly because they weren’t Billie Piper but still a change of writer and a change of Doctor is always a good injection of energy so I'll be watching.

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

I dunno why everyone is getting so het up about a adult piss-take of a kids cartoon. It's not like they've killed your firstborn.

Rambler

jump

@Rambler They are saving that for season 2, they have got to keep people talking.

I think Velma makes for a great social experiment. The sweary adult cartoon has lost it's power to offend people nowadays like South Park wish it could still get this kinda heat but this has properly engaged people with their hate of it. It's like the next step in evolution of when people who use to watch Room to make fun of it for being bad.

I get hate watching. I went out with someone who loved True Blood and it slowly turned into me shouting the characters are fools, that plot twist doesn't make sense, why did all of that get introduced if it didn't even matter etc as that's half the fun. However that seemed more a design choice to be a thrashy soap people watch for the trashiness which I suppose is how Velma how has caught on yet Velma is obviously not to be taken seriously but has pulled everyone and taken it very seriously rather than moving on and stopped watching it.

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

Velma does what scooby don't.

(Bet that's been said a billion times...)

Rambler

N00BiSH

If no one minds me interrupting the Velma talk...

Right now I'm rewatching Kid Cosmic, the most recent show from Powerpuff Girls creator Craig McCracken. It's one of the best serialized cartoons ever, and probably the only show to actually make me tear up a little.
Untitled

I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle

WoomyNNYes

Kermit1 wrote:

@WoomyNNYes will that be the Disney+ series?

Oh, I meant to reply. Regarding Doctor Who being on Disney+, yes. All new doctor who will be on Disney+. So yeah, the three specials in November & the Christmas episode will be on Disney+.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic