Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 444

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx nice. I did not tell you but I ran a dnd session Monday and that went very well. Ran a battle with a hydra, and that was just a good fight for the party. Hydras are mean. And hope that dnd session happens this week for ya.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Are hydras much like Yuan-Ti in terms of magic resistance? If so, my party may have a hard time in a similar encounter lol. Sounds like a good session, and thanks for the well wishes for my own.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx no problem. I don’t believe they are as magic resistant as yuan ti. What’s your least favorite dnd monster? And you are welcome I have enjoyed our conversation thus far.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 If 5e.tools is any indication, there's a plethora of monsters I haven't encountered yet. XD I'd have to say my least favorite so far is the Otyugh, which is the "garbage disposal" we encountered in my previous session. I had to ask for the name since it's a weird one lol. It only earns that moniker since it nearly killed my character in waste sludge.

We did have a session yesterday. The player who had to draw up a new character last time (forgot their character sheet) was present, so since I arrived a little late (Start time was moved and I have the longest drive), both he and the DM had a mini session regarding what happened to that character and their Kobold follower. Long story short, they're back in the present and currently hiding in our room in the abandoned castle since we can't explain their presence yet.

We were mostly sent on chores around the castle, but one of the cultist liaisons picked up that we weren't truly members. Instead of outing us, he wants to see how things play out and is more concerned with serving his employer who is on good terms with the Cult of the Dragon. He gave us a lot of info, enough that we can probably deconstruct this outpost through subtlety and infighting if we play our cards correctly. We only had one encounter. Remember the tower with the Otyugh where our Dragonborn triggered combat? He was heading for a trapdoor to a mostly intact floor above. That led to an encounter with three specters and a nearly dead Fighter. We picked up some old star charts from the room for knowledge + gold after everything was done.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Rambler

So I'm teaching myself how to play Go and it's difficult, really difficult.
Anybody got some good websites for tutorials or tactics?

Rambler

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I hope those star charts prove helpful to you guys. And the Otyguh seems like a pain, I don’t think I ran one though. So this castle you guys are in, it’s pretty big right?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 The castle is a decent size. Three floors and a basement IIRC. We've only seen the ground floor and a room or two in the basement and on the second floor so far.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I wonder if it has any secret basement levels. Now that would be Intersting who knows what you would find in there. Is that one of the things you guys going to look for?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Perhaps, though our group is slightly more interested in taking down this cultist headquarters than exploring, but the pursuit of knowledge and adventure definitely appeals to some of the group!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx that’s what always is Intersting in how each member wants play the game and how that adds to it. And that you have a dm who wants to add those elements and you have those options. Have you ever dmed?

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

What games has everyone else been playing ?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I haven't ever DMed; I'm relatively new to D&D...and tabletop gaming in general. This is my first campaign, though I've played in a couple of one-shot stories too.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx That’s pretty cool. How long have you been playing dnd? I been at it for far too long lol 28 years. Ever since I was a 11 and now I love it to this day. Made great friends through the game and learned a a lot about life through it and the art of the game. It really does not matter how long one has played it but, what matters if they are enjoying it, and you started on my favorites edition fifth.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I've been playing D&D for a little over a year now. Wow, 28 years? That's a lot of time to love (and still love!) a game! It really is a great social game, something I admittedly hadn't done much of since dropping MMOs a few years ago.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Thank. It’s been a long time playing it and it stays fresh cause you go through different groups and other such things like new editions and things like that. I am glad it got you to socialize and it’s great to play live or online. So this group you are in now, was this your first group to play?

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

Rambler wrote:

Themagusx1 wrote:

@Rambler I have had heard good things about this website it should help you out https://online-go.com/learn-to-play-go

That site is very different from the others I've found. Theyve all been text-based rather than interactive. Thanks very much

You are very welcome. Let me know if that website helps. I hope it does.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Yep, this is the first group I'm in! A very good friend of mine and her husband are two of the other players. Her husband is also running his own game with some of his coworkers and is in charge of that freeform pickup campaign I mentioned before.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Nice. And I take it you met the rest of the group when you first played? This is when dnd is the best when it’s open to others and allows us to make new friends. Sadly I have seen the game at its worse, with bad dms that are control freaks, and bad players for a myriad of reasons.

Ok enough of that don’t want to get negative. As for my group, well they tracked down the serial killer in the city, who proceeded to use ghouls against them. The battle actually did not last one cause the Paladin was able to turn the ghouls and the group focused on the killer. Now they are back at the inn awaiting for their reward money, they own the inn by the way.

Themagusx1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic