Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 444

Themagusx1

@Anti-Matter That’s cool, you have a whole system of how it works. Competitiveness can be a good thing as long as it’s in good fun. It seems like the older students also like your games. Do you plan on making any more board games?

Themagusx1

Anti-Matter

@Themagusx1
Oh, yeah.
I want to redesign my Snake & Ladder board game to be played by my students without question boxes as my previous version was added by question boxes for my Math Club activity.
From my two board games, the grade 1 - 3 students prefer playing Tic Tac Toe from my Othello board games by using 3 x 3 size squares, grade 4 - 6 students prefer Othello and my Monopoly board games as they like some thinking games. I taught them how to play Othello with size 4 x 4 squares and some of them quickly grasped and they can play by themself without my supervision.

Anti-Matter

Themagusx1

@Anti-Matter That’s good you made a beginners version of Othello. And a snakes and ladders sounds like it would be good for your students. You got skills dude.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Haha, hopefully! Though with that escapade with the creature, I'm kinda starting to wonder lol. Some onlookers weren't too happy that we killed the in-house garbage disposal unit....I just wish I could remember what it's called. I'll have to ask the DM next session. It'll probably be next weekend or the weekend after.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx oh you guys are not playing this weekend? I am curious as to what that garbage disposal unit was myself.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I just recall that the name was a weird one, so I've been having trouble finding what it is when I try searching online. We try to play every other weekend on average unless one or more of us can't meet for some reason. We might have something next weekend, but I'm not sure because of Father's Day.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx oh damn Fathers Day is next week? That’s crazy…..but yeah let me know when you find out what the creature is. Do you or have you played other RPGs?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Yep! Holidays seem to sneak up faster each year. XD On that creature: will do. As for RPGs, D&D is my first one out of the tabletop variety, but I play all sorts in the video game department.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx oh yeah there are so many good rpg ones. If you donot mind my reccomending a good tabletop rpg, it is called Dread, it’s horror, and it does not use dice but Jenga towers for it is system. It works well too.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Dread sounds interesting indeed. I'll have to research that one. Outside of video games and D&D, I do enjoy the occasional board game and nontraditional card games like Cards Against Humanity and Uno.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Those are good ones. And uno is always a good game. I have you tried flip uno? Now that’s cray.

Edited on by Themagusx1

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 YES! I've tried Uno Flip! That's a fun and chaotic one lol.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx It is pretty crazy. My girlfriend and I have several versions of UNO including the Zelda and Mario Uno. What other versions of Uno have you tried?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 So far just classic Uno and Uno Flip. I'm definitely aware that there are other versions lol.

cordova94

@Themagusx1 hahaha he didn't but this was 20 years ago so the bill load was a lot less......plus I suppose if it is a singular hobby.......I refuse to calculate or reveal how much I spend on washi tape in the run of a month (I have over 4000 rolls haha).

I'll look into Arkham Horror, thanks!

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx oh yeah there is a ton of them. Too many lol. Another card game that is great if you like Uno is Monopoly deal. I am not a fan of regular monopoly but deal is super fast and fun. It’s only like five bucks on Amazon.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@cordova94 No problem. Oh yeah it was probably cheaper back In the day. Damn that’s a lot of washi rolls. Awesome about Akrham Horror, if you get into it let me know how you and your spouse enjoy it.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Monopoly Deal? I think I've heard of it, though I'm not 100% certain. I'll have to look up the rules for that one too. I'm sure I'd like it more than basic Monopoly. That game only holds my attention until all the properties are bought up.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx yeah monopoly deal is much faster and games can last up fifteen minutes. I agree monopoly does not hold my attention well either.

Your group doing dnd this week?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Still gauging group availability, but for now a tentative yes to a D&D session.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic