Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain

We’re finally at the last set of matchups in this second round!
The songs proceeding to the next round will be Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice at 4-2, Professor Layton at 5-2, Pokémon Origins at 3-2, Sonic Mania at 3-2, and Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire at 3-1.
Link to the bracket

Round Two

Main Menu - Cadence of Hyrule vs. Gourmet Race (64) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Vote here

Beneath the Mask - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs. Rooftop Run (Modern) - Sonic Generations

Vote here

Departure (Mythos Remix) - Mega Man Zero 2 vs. Snowman - Eartbound

Vote here

Battle 2 - Dissidia Final Fantasy vs. Phendrana Drifts (Depths) - Metroid Prime

Vote here

Road to Bowser - Super Mario Galaxy 2 vs. N64 Rainbow Road - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TheBigBlue

Sweet, Steven’s theme triumphs! A smash ultimate song vs Rooftop Run is interesting because Rooftop Run is in Smash Ultimate too.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

ThePirateCaptain
StarPoint

Brawl’s Stickerbrush Symphony rendition is incredible. Has a great vibe to it. And Ultimate’s Gerudo Valley mix is also awesome.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Anti-Matter

I'm outta here. 🙄
Peoples here really hate my BEMANI games songs choice because they are niche and unpopular for you.

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

@Anti-Matter If “unpopular for us” means we didn’t like them as much, yep! At least we listened to them (:

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter Stop overreacting. We listen to them and then vote for the ones we prefer, everyone's entitled to their own opinion even if it isn't the same as yours.
Edit: Also, @ThePirateCaptain can we go back to the less regular format?

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

TheBigBlue

Wow, a lot of sonic and smash bros songs managed to survive, interesting. That’s probably because they are good songs though.

Edit: Relistened to Live and Learn, it’s just as good as it’s always been, I love that tune

Edited on by TheBigBlue

ThePirateCaptain

@TeaCatherine
You mean less frequent updates? I plan on sticking with a Tuesday/Friday schedule unless more people would like it slowed down as well.

Results from this set of matchups are Super Smash Bros. Brawl winning the first two at 5-2 and 5-1 respectively, Ace Attorney at 3-2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at 5-1, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 at 4-2.
Link to the bracket

Round Three

Overture to Pursuit - The Great Ace Attorney 2 vs. Kaleidoscopic Core - Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Vote here

Twilight Terror - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze vs. Snowflakes - Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Vote here

Jubilife Village - Pokémon Legends: Arceus vs. Title and Dragon - Hyrule Warriors

Vote here

Gang-Plank Galleon - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs. Level 6 (Face Shrine) - The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Remake)

Vote here

SMILE - Persona 4 Reincarnation vs. Mirror Temple (Mirror Magic Mix) - Celeste

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

TeaCatherine

@ThePirateCaptain I believe at least 3 people are in favour of it. I think it's just the kind of thing you do when you get around to it, so with the more frequent updates you just don't get around to doing it and then it's harder to bother doing it next time.

Eel

Hm. Perhaps less frequent updates but with more matchups per update would be a nice middle ground?

I don’t really have a problem with the current system though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

My problem is more I keep forgetting about it than how frequent it is. I don't think this is such a use of time that people should reasonably need more than a few days. (and if it is, those people have far bigger issues :V)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TeaCatherine

@kkslider5552000 To be honest, that's exactly what I meant.

StarPoint

My heart belongs to Ace Attorney, so I’ll be voting for that one. But that Xenoblade 3 song is fantastic too and I would be fine with that one winning. And both Gang-Plank Galleon and Mirror Temple are all time greats for me, so those are my winners as well.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

TheBigBlue

Oh thank goodness, the two songs I selected that are still in are actually not bad songs. Rooftop Run and Steven’s Theme are super fun songs, but I’ve had to vote against my own choices sometimes in this bracket for heavens sake! But this whole thing is fun, great concept and I’m looking forward to whatever remix wins

ThePirateCaptain

Up next are the last matchups for the third round but first we have Xenoblade Chronicles 3 moving on at 5-1, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze at 3-2, Pokémon Legends: Arceus at 3-2, Smash Ultimate at 3-1, and Persona 4 Reincarnation at 3-2. I’ll leave this up until Wednesday to give people some extra time.
Link to the bracket

Round Three

Hyrule Field - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds vs. Bloody Tears / Monster Dance - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Vote here

Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! - Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice vs. Professor Layton’s Theme (Live) - Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Vote here

Title Screen - Pokémon Origins vs. Lava Reef (Act 2) - Sonic Mania

Vote here

Steven’s Theme - Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire vs. Gourmet Race (64) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Vote here

Rooftop Run (Modern) - Sonic Generations vs. Departure (Mythos Remix) - Mega Man Zero 2

Vote here

Battle 2 - Dissidia Final Fantasy vs. N64 Rainbow Road - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

TheBigBlue

The hyrule field theme just doesn’t change. It’s almost always the same song, aside from BOTW’s version. I think I know what I’m voting for here

Eel

As much as I enjoy rainbow road 64, am I the only one that dislikes the trumpet in the remix?

@TheBigBlue The ALBW version actually adds new bars to the song 😀

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dogorilla

Who will win the Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright battle?

The Sonic and Mega Man matchup is the hardest one for me this time, they're both rad

Edited on by Dogorilla

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic