Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,556

TheBigBlue

I swear the winner of this whole thing will just be a smash ultimate song which kind of ticks me off, even though I play that game all the time

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

ThePirateCaptain
StarPoint

Oh man, we’re getting to the point where basically every single choice is impossible to make for me! All of the songs present are all-time classics.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

StarPoint

Kinda crazy how there are two remixes of Stickerbush Symphony in this tournament. Also, the Ace Attorney series as a whole just has some great remixes. Very interested to see how this goes down, because at this point I don’t think I would mind any one song winning over another.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

TheBigBlue

I will say a prayer for Steven’s theme, as it got defeated by a damn gourmet race rendition for smash bros 🙏

Seriously, the only songs here that aren’t old smash remixes are Phoenix Wright, Persona, and Pokémon tunes. Sonic has songs in Smash Ultimate, but none are remixes, like Rooftop Run. That’s an original remix not from smash bros. This selection is so unbelievably biased towards smash tunes i fear

Edited on by TheBigBlue

ThePirateCaptain

Results from last round are Stickerbrush Symphony winning 4-1, Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations at 5-1, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 at 3-2, Pokémon Legends: Arceus at 4-2, Persona 4 Reincarnation at 4-2, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice at 3-2, Smash Ultimate at 3-2, and Sonic Generations with a 3-3 tiebreaker.

This round I’ll leave up until Saturday.
Link to the bracket

Quarterfinal Round

1. Stickerbrush Symphony - Super Smash Bros. Brawl vs. Special Blend Mix - Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Vote here

2. Kaleidoscopic Core - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 vs. Jubilife Village - Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Vote here

3. SMILE - Persona 4 Reincarnation vs. Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! - Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

Vote here

4. Gourmet Race (64) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs. Rooftop Run (Modern) - Sonic Generations

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TheBigBlue

Brawl gourmet race is better than the clunky N64 one! Vote generations! I’m voting special blend and Xenoblade partially to spite the smash ultimate tracks

StarPoint

@TheBigBlue Same, I would love to see something non-Smash make it through. Also Special Blend and Rooftop Run are incredible. Some of the Smash songs might be more iconic but I'd love to see an underdog pull through.

I really hope Phoenix Wright's Objection makes it further. It's probably the best iteration of his theme, and it's an absolute banger.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Anti-Matter

I'm personally sick to see the too mainstream stuffs get voted all the time. 🙄
My BEMANI Rhythm games songs choices are not that bad.

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

I'm surprised Gangplank Galleon is out at this stage. The Persona song it was up against is really good too though.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

Entering the semifinals will be Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations at 4-2, Pokémon Legends: Arceus with a 3-3 tiebreaker, Persona 4 Reincarnation at 3-2, and Sonic Generations at 3-2.
Link to the bracket

Semifinal Round

1. Special Blend Mix - Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations vs. Jubilife Village - Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Vote here

2. SMILE - Persona 4 Reincarnation vs. Rooftop Run (Modern) - Sonic Generations

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

StarPoint

Wow, the bracket definitely did not turn out how I expected. Disappointed that Objection! 2016 didn’t make it, but at least we still got Special Blend Mix. But honestly at this point any of these songs could win and I’d be happy. Very good selections still, but just not the ones I expected.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Scooby-Doo

Of all the songs I nominated, I didn't expect that one to get the furthest.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.
Currently Playing on Switch: Chaos Head Noah, PARANORMASIGHT, Mega Man Series.

TheBigBlue

Ace attorney is blowing Pokémon legends out of the water, but the other two songs are tied. I think ace attorney will win the whole thing in the final against either sonic or persona. I’m glad those bloody smash brothers songs are gone though, didn’t think sonic generations would pull this far but I’m glad

TheBigBlue

@Eel and the sonic vs persona one is a Christmas themed pie

ThePirateCaptain

I was definitely surprised seeing which songs made it this far but they’re all strong contenders so it’s hard to pick a favorite.

Also I forgot to mention in the original post but I’ll probably leave this round up until late Thursday so make sure to get your votes in!

ThePirateCaptain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic