Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 3,673

StarPoint

@Ralizah Aww man that sounded fun until the third point. That sounds like a huge debacle. Hopefully, you guys can all recover soon. Covid is not fun

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Snatcher

@Ralizah Oh my god, that sounds like one heck of a trip. I'm sorry you all got covid, I myself am recovering from it now, I hope you all get better really soon!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Ralizah That's up there with all the comedy road trip movies, what a trip. Shame you all got infected, but... you're home now?!

The driving must have been awful though, doing that much in three days. We did something similar when we drove across Saudi Arabia a few months ago, but it was about 1100 miles in two days, including hotel stays. You guys must have done driving shifts!

Take it easy though, and get well soon anyhow.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Fizza

@Ralizah Could the lack of smell/taste be attributed to the poutine by chance? XD

Regardless, sorry to hear that happened to you man, wishing you and your family a fast, full recovery!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Fizza Unfortunately not. Poutines aren't kind enough to also remove the source of your suffering.

@TheJGG Yeah, people had to switch off to an almost comical degree by the end. On that last day, people were driving in 20 minute stints, and it was difficult to keep them awake even then.

@Snatcher Did you also experience the loss of taste/smell? I almost feel normal at the time of typing, except for that. Oh, and I guess I'm a bit warmer than usual.

I have some nasty coughing/gagging spells, but they're usually in the middle of the night.

@StarPoint Honestly, as long as all of us stay out of the hospital, I'll count my blessings.

@Tyranexx Yeah, Azran Legacy is a looker. Probably my favorite 3D showcase on the system. It all came tumbling down after that game, but what a send-off for the series!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Drink this Chinese medicine Lian Hua to boost your immune system if you can find at your place.
2 capsules for 3 times a day (morning, afternoon, night)
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter I'm guessing that sort of thing probably isn't common around these parts, but I appreciate the recommendation!

BruceCM

Yeah, while it sounded like a fun time before the covid bit, that certainly must have been a trip, @Ralizah .... Feeling any better yet? Hopefully, you all get well soon, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@Ralizah I take it you all won’t be travelling for the next few weeks / months then? That’s one hell of an ordeal, so getting it out of your system (plus COVID)‘ll be important. Those amounts of driver swaps puts Le Mans to shame!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@Ralizah Actually yea, as of now I can’t taste or smell.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

RR529

@Ralizah, sounds rough, but glad you had a good time up until that point. Get well soon.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HotGoomba

@Ralizah Sounds rough, sorry you had to go through the Covid issues.

I don't know what's worse, that long car ride or the poutines.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Eel

Welcome back @Ralizah, sounds like you and your family went through quite the ordeal, I'm glad to hear things are starting to settle and hope you all continue through it with only mild symptoms!

Now start writing the script for the movie adaptation.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Ralizah Welcome back! That's quite a trip, one that I'd say was quite enjoyable up until the "Hey, we contracted Covid" bit. I hope that everyone is recovering from both that and a REALLY long drive. Alaska is on my bucket list and is a state I'd like to get to before long...as well as the Northwestern US and the sections of Canada in between!

Azran Legacy is indeed a looker and is definitely one of my favorite uses of 3D on the system. You could tell Level-5 really came into their element with this game. This is apparently the last "true" Layton game that isn't a sort of spinoff or crossover outside of Millionaires' Conspiracy, which I haven't played yet.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

RubyCarbuncle

@Ralizah Glad to hear you're ok. I know I caught COVID twice. The first time was mild but the second time was borderline severe and I ended up in hospital on oxygen for almost 3 weeks. I fully recovered afterwards which only emphasises the importance of Vaccines. Without the Vaccine I would have been in Hospital for possibly more than double the time because of the heart condition I have.

Look after yourself from here on. I know I wear a mask and stand way back when interacting with people now, I can't afford to take chances.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

CANOEberry

I'm sorry to hear about even more people contracting that bloody virus, truly. ... Is that the source of this unaccountable hatred for poutine?

CANOEberry

blindsquirrel

@CANOEberry
Guy is just evil. I don’t think covid has anything to do with it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Ralizah

@CANOEberry It sort of reminds me of biscuits and gravy, which is largely unique to one country (U.S.), heavily associated with one particular region (American South), is widely available in said region, and tends to disgust people from other parts of the world.

@RubyCarbuncle Oh snap. Glad to hear you're alright. My mother is in the hospital for a few days, but nothing so drastic as what you apparently went through. It's a bit scary how one person can react so differently to the same disease. And a good reminder that you're rolling the dice every time you end up catching it.

@Tyranexx The Canadian cities I went to weren't all that distinct from the mainland U.S. in terms of the scenery. but Alaska is stunning. Highly recommend spending the coin to visit there someday. Some locations are only accessible via plane and boat, though.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Azran Legacy! It doesn't get nearly enough credit for its fantastic storytelling and gorgeous use of stereoscopic 3D, IMO. Still annoyed I don't have access to my physical version of it anymore, considering how utterly rare it is. It is, unfortunately, the last great Layton game. Some people like Layton's Mystery Journey, though, so I'll try not to poison the well before you get to play it. Just... lower your expectations going in.

Edited on by Ralizah

Snatcher

@Ralizah “It's a bit scary how one person can react so differently to the same disease. And a good reminder that you're rolling the dice every time you end up catching it”

Couldn’t agree with you more, Its a very unpredictable virus, and I thought my symptoms would have been the same but were drastically different from Person to person.

I hope you and everyone is doing better!

CANOEberry

Ralizah wrote:

It sort of reminds me of biscuits and gravy, which is largely unique to one country (U.S.), heavily associated with one particular region (American South), is widely available in said region, and tends to disgust people from other parts of the world.

The Canadian cities I went to weren't all that distinct from the mainland U.S. in terms of the scenery. but Alaska is stunning. Highly recommend spending the coin to visit there someday.

I don't think I've encountered this perspective on poutine before. Interesting.

If you were coming from Tennessee, I'm assuming you routed west around the Lakes and crossed through the Prairies on the Canadian leg of your sweet trip. Unfortunately, you wouldn't see the most distinct cities (i.e. Montréal, Vancouver, Toronto, Halifax) or even regions along that route. (Unless maybe you stopped in Drumheller or the Cypress Hills...) And, uh... if you were that far west of Québec, I can't say you've had real poutine... but to each their own. I have a lot to learn about the SE USA, for certain!

That reminds me... funny thing about visiting Tennessee. Most people in eastern Canada really only ever see Florida, or maybe Atlanta for a bit, but I've been through that region by road multiple times since I was a young furball. I only saw the Smokies for the first time when I was old enough to drive, and no one here will even believe me when I tell them there are mountains there! If you're driving in fall or winter, it is inevitable that you reach Tennessee only by nightfall, and so everyone here I know who has done the trip just plain misses them. I'm too much the geologist for that, myself, and besides... I wanted to see if all that "Copperhead Road" business was real, hahaha.

CANOEberry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic