Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 3,681

Tyranexx

@Snatcher Nah, not leaving. Just taking a pseudo-break. You'll still see my comments on occasion, just not as often.

@HotGoomba Thank you!

@TheJGG Thanks for the compliment! While it is a pseudo-life break, I'll still sneak in on occasion. My comments will just be more fleeting. I intended this to be a spring project, and spring is bouncing along a lot faster than I'd like. Starting this now is best. Late summer tends to fill up with family reunions and other events, and fall won't be ideal either, between my usual activities and the ramp-up to my sister's wedding. Part of me wants to wait until after E3, but I'd rather not procrastinate too much. I do plan to catch some of the presentations live if I can, or at least rely on highlights lol.

@Ralizah Thanks! I'm really excited for E3, doubly so since there understandably wasn't a conference last year.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Well pinch punch first of the month! I'll keep it in mind when composing my own replies to your outstanding posts. But take care and good luck! E3'll be a blast so missing it's a war crime

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Jackpaza0508

I'm gonna be in london for a couple days! Gonna be taking a break from the site to see stuff like Madame Tussauds, Big Ben and the M&M shop which is opposite a Lego shop which is next to a McDonalds!

He/Him

jump

@Jackpaza0508 McDonalds sucks, there’s a really cool American style restaurant a short walk from the M&M store called Maxwells if you want a burger. Their freakshakes are amazing and everyday they normally (not sure if they still do, it may have changed with coivd) have a special like all you can eat chicken wings.

https://www.maxwells.co.uk/

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

@Jackpaza0508 Have fun man.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@jump GOOD LORD.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

jump

@Eel I will probably be eating there. It’’s the only place I know that serves milkshakes correctly, with doughnuts and full sized Easter eggs as topping!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

The funny thing is their cheese bomb burger is more liquidy than their milkshakes;

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

ThanosReXXX

@jump THAT's supposed to be CHEESE? It looks like liquid plastic and nowhere near tasty at all. It also kind of made me think of that heart attack fast food place in Vegas:

The shakes look cumbersome as hell, so I guess I'd rather stick to the classics, where you'll probably also get more of the actual milkshake for your money, instead of half of them being unnecessary toppings...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

jump

@ThanosReXXX Since they are going to a MacDonalds I don’t think they are actually worried about taste.

I’ve never actually tried the cheese bomb burger and I never will but the rest of their menu is good, particularly the fajitas and ribs.

The freakshakes aren’t really milkshakes, they are more like a dessert item. They do have normal milkshakes but why waste time drinking milk when you can have a proper drink.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@Eel Not nearly as NSFW as @jump showing off all the well.. not so kid friendly Food.

jump

@Snatcher if a kid chokes to death on a milkshake then that is just evolution at work, survival of the fittest! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

ThanosReXXX

@jump Well, milk... a proper milkshake is obviously only 40 percent milk, at most, and the rest needs to be top quality ice cream.

But yeah, I saw that bit about McDonald's. Wasn't comparing the two, though. Just commenting on the cheese pitcher...

Me, I'll just stick to Burger King and KFC. That is, whenever I do go for fast food, which is only a handful of times a year anyways, and usually in combination with a visit to the cinema.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Yall need to stop talking about food, its so easy to get me hungry, Aw damn it,

jedgamesguy

I'm not quite sure if I want to take a break from the site but seeing @Slowdive come, then go, then come back and just now leave, I'm really quite disgusted with some of the people here. The kind of juvenile toxicity that we see in the comments, is why I don't use the comments for crying out loud. The edgelords can stick to comments with their one-liners, their echo chambers and their flame wars, but the forums are meant to be places where articulated discussion takes place, not an extension of the idiocy, bigotry and childishness of the comments. Especially users who come in just to hate on Nintendo. Do you have anything else going on in your life that'll stop you from coming onto a public forum knowing full well what you're doing, and making a grand bold statement that let's be honest, you probably don't even actually mean.

I've met some truly awesome people here and they deserve better than to get swept into this but I want them to know that they are all appreciated, and valued. You know who you are, and you can be happy that you're conducting yourself online with respect towards others.

I've had a blast here for the most part and I don't want to leave. That's why the Ignore button is used after all. I've learnt though that giving people second chances is at times well meant but some people don't learn. And it's these trolls who don't deserve to be heard.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic