Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 3,667

Snatcher

@TheJGG Ah, I have thought about leaving once or twice, But if you need a break you should take a break, But the fact that more people we have know for a long time just keep leaving, shows what NL is doing wrong, and don't get me wrong I know the mods try there best to keep everything in line, or sometimes they don't and I think there has been proof were they will choose not to delete comments or stop a heated argument, I have seen it in the comments and I have seen some in the threads, And I think it would want to make anyone take a break, and if NL is having such a hard time with trying to Moderate everything I don't get why they can't find more, I think there are lots of people on this site that would make great ones.

I will be fine with your choice no matter what it is bc I think it well be the best for you ether way. Also what about Slowdive?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Well he and another user were arguing about Switch Pro rumours. Doubting Nate the Hate and all. It also speaks volumes about the disturbing volatility of rumours, they can really consume some people and it'll turn into a proxy war if this magical device doesn't get revealed. I like rumours, I think they're fun, but I will never truly believe them.

If I need a break I'll very much make it known! Having reflected on it a bit more I wouldn't change my post. I meant it all. But some people here, you very much included... it's been a true pleasure to talk with you all about games and... other stuff too.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Snatcher

@TheJGG Glade to know I'm not boring LOL, I do talk alot.

The switch pro rumours, Lord Its why i'm hating the talk about it, bc people keep talking about it when in my opinion there is no real proof of it happening I mean just about 5 month ago they said they have no plans for it.

But people insist thats its coming anyway, and if it does great, if it don't don't get heated about it, bc People that keep hyping up rumours for crying out loud! In my opinion there is no real proof of a switch pro coming at E3, could it happen, sure, will it happen? I don't know, And that doesn't mean that there is not going to be a pro, but Nintendo has hit a gold mine on the switch and I don't think there going to stop now, maybe they will try milking the cow a little more.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

HotGoomba

@TheJGG 100% agree with you. I had to leave for a bit partially because of the toxicity of newer users, and now if someone tries to be a jerk to me, I either tell them how inappropriate their behavior is, or just make them look dumb with a joke.

But yeah, it's getting more and more cringeworthy in the comments.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Snatcher

@HotGoomba I mean I was a knew user once and I would say I kinda acted like a ass, But man the new user's take that to a whole knew level, Unlike them I cleaned my act up in a week, and the only reason I acted the way I did was bc twitter made me think that everyone needs to act like a A hole on the internet.

Ralizah

I never understood people making a big deal about 'taking a break from the forums,' or leaving because someone makes them mad. Only the mods and admins are obliged to maintain a persistent presence on this website, so, when someone wants to take a break, they should just take a break! As for the latter issue, it's what the Ignore function exists for. I'll happily use it when I think it'll improve my forum-going experience. After all, it's not like me not seeing someone's comments makes their forum experience worse off.

Thankfully, I'm usually pretty slow to anger, so the Ignore button doesn't get a ton of use.

I'll definitely alert people when I'm physically unable to read replies, though, as used to happen on an annual basis for a week or two before the virus trashed our vacation plans.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Tasuki

@ThanosReXXX More then likely it is plastic. When restaurants take pictures of their food for advertisements and even the menu it's all plastic so it looks better and they can get the perfect shot. That's why your burger never quite looks the same as the one in the menu.

@Snatcher I know NL is going to deny this but I seriously think it's all a numbers game with the higher ups. A website is successful due to traffic, and that all they really care about in the end. Sadly if they were to ban the jerks they would be the most vocal and more them likely spread how Nintendolife is an aweful sight and don't go there crap like that. Then their numbers would drop and such. I honestly believe in quality over quantity but sadly that's not the game for a successful forum site.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MsJubilee

Ralizah wrote:

I never understood people making a big deal about 'taking a break from the forums,' or leaving because someone makes them mad.

What I'm going to say might sound harsh to some. But people love the attention to the point they'll say anything to receive it. Posting some massive post on here explaining why they're leaving is no different.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Vortexeo

@TheJGG Slowdive left? Aw man he was cool

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

@Tasuki I think so to, I mean there is just so much proof of such, and I feel like this all started going down with the Skyward sword amiibo article.

GrailUK

@TheJGG Aww man, sorry to hear about @Slowdive.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

gcunit

Using the word 'toxic' is overrated.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Snatcher

@gcunit I agree with you there.

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher It’s primarily because of the Switch Pro rumours, yeah. For all we know this could be a massive hoax corroborated by several people, and that everyone who legitimately subscribed to these rumours is setting themselves up for many a tantrum.

Example; the persistent 2020 Direct/Pikmin/Paper Mario/Mario Collection rumours. I was very surprised when I saw the Mario Direct, because I didn’t follow the rumours too much. Leaks have the potential to take away a feeling of joy and replace it with anger.

@HotGoomba If I were you I’d strongly recommend sticking to forums, here at least. Of course it’s your choice at the end of the day but no doubt you’re of this opinion as well. Nice strategy that, maybe I should try it!

@Ralizah Well this is a thread made specifically for the purpose of announcing departure, so while I agree that just taking a break without fanfare is useful, this thread undermines this point. Same with @MsJubilee.

@Vortexeo @GrailUK Well we all know he is a very cool guy, so if he sees the appreciation he will hopefully have a smile on his face.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

ThanosReXXX

@Tasuki Not plastic per se, but possibly inedible cheese, so to speak. They also make all the ingredients by hand, so the bread is cut by hand, for maximum size and shape, the beef patty isn't cooked/baked in a machine either, and all the items on the burger are stacked somewhat like a staircase, so bottom piece of the bun/bread the farthest to the front, then the veggies and the burger slightly more to the back, and so on.

It's then photographed at a certain angle and sometimes even after being covered with a layer of hair spray, for that nice shiny glow, and that's how you get the perfect burger picture. I saw a documentary about a photographer who, among others, worked for McDonald's, and those were some of the tricks he used.

Anyway, veering WAY too far off topic, so we better get back to what this thread is really about...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok, I’m out for the rest of the summer. The firestorm over the past few days has throughly exhausted me. I wish y’all well.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HotGoomba

Alright, see you next fall!

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Snatcher

@Ryu_Niiyama See you mate.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic