Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 3,669

MarioVillager92

@App I wish you the best of luck - I hope your parents get better real soon, as well. Take care and stay healthy!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Losermagnet

@App ah, I come back after a brief hiatus and you've left me! Hope you and your family have been well.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

HotGoomba

I'm gonna be honest with all of you, I've stopped enjoying being on this website. After like two years and 1500+ comments, I've gotten tired of this site. I feel like this site has gotten stale. And I've gotten tired of trying to think of some joke in these news articles or have a debate with someone (either we disagree on something or one of us is a jerk) which will usually end the same. You may have realized I've been inactive here a bit and that's because I've moved on to other places like Discord, Logopedia, even Roblox (which I've noticed is unpopular on this site but I don't care).

Of course don't take this as me hating this community. It's a wonderful place, some of the people here are really nice, and it's interesting to see other people's opinions and perspectives, even if it's incredibly offensive sometimes (lol).

But I feel like I want to spread out as other things.

Just to make it clear, I'm not leaving. I'm taking a long hiatus from this site. I'll be back, even commenting a little, but not as often as the past two years.

And don't worry, I'll return full-time on this site before 2021 ends, just not right now.

So don't take this as goodbye. Take this as a "I'll see you later". Love you all.

• HotGoomba.

P.S. Yes this means the same for Push Square and Pure Xbox but I'm more active on this so it'll be here only. And yeah you'll probably see me comment two days after this lmao

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Snatcher

@HotGoomba I'm gonna miss ya, I was worried you were going to leave, and I understand your need of a break, I have seen the past talks you had with other's and yes its been alot of toxic stuff coming your way,

Well I wish you good luck, and have a great time, till you come back, Sniff I guess I will have to be your stand in for making jokes. (JK.......Can I really?)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

Well @HotGoomba life is life and all. See you later, take time off and come back when you feel ready, not out of obligation. Enjoy the year as best you can and enjoy E3!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

I know there's a forum topic on it and all but a Discord server would significantly help with things like this, short term communication and things like setting up multiplayer matches. Someone get to it!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

HotGoomba

@Snatcher @TheJGG thanks you two, Snatcher feel free to take my joke-making position while I'm gone lol, and JGG I hope I'll enjoy E3 too, I'll probably be temporarily back for E3 season but I can't say for sure.

Losermagnet

Welp for various reasons (mostly work related) I'll be taking a reprieve. I should be back in time for E3 though 😁. Thanks to @bimmylee and @NintendoByNature for showing me the way of Bloodsport. I promise while I'm gone to train hard by having all 4 of my limbs tied up to trees and stretched. And also to catch fish with my bare hands. I'll bring you back some snapper. Peace and love everybody

@HotGoomba i missed your original post, hope your time off is good to you buddy.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

bimmy-lee

@Losermagnet - Make em ALL say “matae” dude. See you back around the big E3 kumite tournament.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet of course, that's what we're here for! Fyi I've corrected the spelling for @Bimmy-lee so he knows you @'d him. We feel as though we need to spread the bloodsport love to people across the globe. I don't want to speak directly for bimmy, but im fairly certain he would be happy to know we have yet another in our group who could possibly have someone say "matte" if they try to throw cheating powder in your eye during a scuffle.

Either way, looking forward to talking with you around E3. Have a safe and great vacation from the site.

Edit: I see he already replied to you!

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

@Northwind I'm very sorry to hear all of this; the comments sections really are toxic, which is why I stay well away. For me my reasoning is to just stick to forums, because there's nothing in comments except for snide one-liners, plus it's literally against the rules to just post "I agree" or "LOL".

But you have a very interesting view on gaming as a whole, and I'll, we'll for that matter, absolutely miss you! If you do come back I'll see you, but if you don't, I hope it's for the best.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@Northwind Do what you think its best for you, and I agree, its been a lot as of late, I'm really sorry to see you go, and if you don't come back I will agree with whatever you think is right for you, i'm not going to tell you what your feeling is wrong bc its not whatsoever, I'm to starting to get a little sick of the toxic people ruining the comments, and I try my best not to be this way, I just speak my mind thats all,. There were alot of times I just didn't reply as to not start a fight, so thats why I will try to just post my opinion and leave.

Please have a great time, for wherever you go, may it bring you happyness, Bc I Know every time I see this forum, I know somebody is gonna go.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

GrailUK

@Northwind Have fun

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jedgamesguy

@CactusMan Lagos? Lagos as in Nigeria Lagos or some other Lagos I dunno about?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@CactusMan DAAAAAMN, Have a good time man, looks nice.

Tyranexx

After some thought, I've decided to scale back my site activity for a little while. I've already done this to an extent on the main site (depending on the topic; I won't touch most comment sections on Pokemon articles with a ten foot pole these days....) and will probably lay off the forums quite a bit as well. My reasoning? The main thing is I want to spend more time and resources towards a home renovation project this month, namely new windows. My hope is to do plenty of research, gather estimates, and try to select the best professionals in my general vicinity for this work (I'm way too clueless to do this on my own lol). Add to that the fact my section of this floating rock is gradually moving closer towards "normal", so my general schedule is filling up more too. This project is a long time in coming, and in fact is something that's needed done since I moved into my home. Other projects just took precedence.

This isn't goodbye, and I do fully intend to try to geek out when possible around E3. I will still respond to any mentions when I can, just be warned it may be several days before I get back to anyone.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Tyranexx OHHH thank goodness your not leaving, the people I have known just keep leaving and leaving, Good luck with the house, Its going to look great.

HotGoomba

Yeah I'm coming back full time (probably) in June.

I feel like that the recent toxicity has leveled down enough for me to fully return, right near E3 too! I might still be more active elsewhere, but I'm excited to continue my adventure on NLife.

And yes I'll avoid the arguments more lol

@Tyranexx Hey good luck with the house.

jedgamesguy

That’s great to hear @Tyranexx! Shame we won’t be graced with your presence for the foreseeable future, because it’s a fact that many users here enjoy your company. Taking a break to focus on... well... life, is very respectable and I hope it goes well!

I’ve gotten to know your E3 predictions nicely so I’ll hope you can give us your thoughts if you return. Enjoy your house project, and have a good one!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Ralizah

@Tyranexx Look forward to chatting with you when E3 arrives.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic