Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 3,669

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter No problem man! We all need internet breaks from time to time. I nearly took one last week and might lay off of it a bit tomorrow TBH.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

ill be gone for about 3 minutes
i know its not the end of the world
but its as close as you can get

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryu_Niiyama

I think I am going to pack it up for a bit. Not sure if or when I will be back but NL isn’t the news source it used to be and I have not had a meaningful discussion in the forums in quite some time. So I think I’ll focus my energy elsewhere. Positive ki to all.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

@Ryu_Niiyama Take care, and keep being awesome! You're a user I'll miss. I do agree, Animal Crossing Central NL is changing. I comment less in the articles these days and stick with the forums more.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama oh wow, no i hadn't seen this at all. That's depressing to hear... One of the best people here...

You haven't been active in ages, really, so it shouldn't be a surprise, but still, it's depressing either way.

And i can't disagree about the NL news. It's a dumpster fire, and no mistake. It's partly not their fault, nintendo itself has changed, and has no sense of community and no news, preferring to go the Twitter route. NL has gone full Kotaku. Rumors, hacks, mods, "check out this fan art", "one fan did a thing" and "here's a trending social political piece but you're not allowed to notice it is. Can you resist? Comment below!". Meanwhile patch news shows up 2 days later. So, yeah, can't blame you much there. It feels like early wiiu. "Developer x won't be bringing game 4 to wiiu!". So yeah, can't blame you there. But you will be very sorely missed here...

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

porto

I’m definitely leaving this site. It’s not Nintendo Life, but rather the community here. It seems that if anyone has a positive attitude about anything Nintendo, they’re immediately sat down and told to shut up.

I don’t force my love for Nintendo on others, in fact I could care less about anyone else here. But people constantly bombard me with posts about how “I’m too positive” And yes, you could say “just ignore them, you idiot”. It’s a lot easier said then done. It’s not so much fear to the community, more or less so how annoying they are, and how they literally have nothing left to do then tell me to stop being positive.

Although, I don’t even know why I’m writing this. No one gives a crap lol. Well at least I don’t when someone else leave. Anyways, goodbye. ✌🏼

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Apportal Sorry to hear your experience with this forum hasn't been ideal.

Well, take care! I'll look forward to talking with you if you happen to return at some point.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

KryptoniteKrunch

@Apportal

Ya, while I really enjoy this community here in NL, there are definitely a few bad apples. I don't blame ya at all for being turned off by it. Anyone telling you to stop being positive about Nintendo can't be much of a Nintendo fan and I question why those folks are even here.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Anti-Matter

I will get hiatus after this for very long time.
I felt crumbled.
Don't know how to say this.
Adios.

Anti-Matter

RR529

@Anti-Matter, hope things look up for you soon. This place won't be the same without you.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Losermagnet

So I think I'm gonna take a break from posting for awhile. Work has picked up pace for an uncertain amount of time. Its a good problem to have, but it's unfortunate as I have 2 weeks of vacation scheduled for the end of October and my employer can deny it if need be. With luck, the wife and I will be spending some time in Tennessee. There are 2 aquariums we're seeing (can't remember their names) and a few other things. I think Animal Crossing is partially responsible for us taking a trip to see an aquarium, haha.

Sorry if I haven't responded to anybody in the various threads over the weekend. I did finally get all 120 in Super Mario 64 after not getting to play it for almost a week. Great time and I started Sunshine, but I barely put a dent in it. Also The Shadow of Colossus on PS4 taught me that I have a fear of deep water. I've never had such a hard time doing something in a video game purely because of an emotional response. It was horrible and wonderful.

Anyway, be back hopefully towards the end of October. Take care y'all.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

HobbitGamer

@Losermagnet Good luck with work, and enjoy Chattanooga

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

porto

@Losermagnet Work can be a huge pain sometimes. Can't wait to have you back

porto

porto

So, sadly I believe I will have to leave this site. It has absolutely nothing to do with the users, or the moderators, the rules, etc. It's just gotten really busy nowadays. Work's been crazy, my parents are getting sick, and I simply don't have the time I'd like to spend on here. I honestly would try to list a few notable friends here, but you all have been so kind and respectful I'd have to list every one of you. Sure, there were a couple of, dare I say spammers but for the most part, it's been such a great community and I appreciate it.

I probably won't return, and in the chance I do, it'd most likely not be for a very long time. Thanks for all the wonderful moments, guys.

-App

porto

Blooper987

@App my goodness😭😭😭 I’ll miss you dude! Hope your parents start feeling better soon!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Ralizah

@App That's a shame, but I wish you luck in your future endeavors. At least it sounds like you're leaving on better terms this time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

@App, sad to see you go. Hope things work out.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

@App Totally understandable. RL hits like a freight train sometimes, so less time on the internet is necessary. I hope the health of your parents improves!

Good luck, and godspeed!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic