Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,361 to 96,380 of 96,667

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Before that, Happy birthday to you.
Since you had played Splatoon 1 on Wii U, I want to know what we can do on the Splatoon main Street during Offline condition?
I knew we cannot even purchase the clothes and weapons if the machine didn't get connected to internet..
I think Nintendo should design Splatoon games with Offline base for basic gameplay like purchasing the clothes and weapons.
Why weren't we allowed to purchase the clothes / weapons just because our machine was not connected to internet?
They can make their Splatoon more like Ratchet & Clank style for who like the Offline contents and provide the Online features for who like to play with other players.
I heard the Octo expansion from Splatoon 2 and the DLC for Splatoon 3 made the games become worthier for Offline play, more like Ratchet & Clank style. Am I right?

Btw, I keep hearing from every Splatoon games, the way you get money by participating in Online Turf War. Is there any way to get the money with at least our machine (Switch) get connected to Online (subscribe $20 for NSO first) and not participating in Turf War?
I was thinking Local Multiplayer since I have two pairs of Joy Cons so I can have Multiplayer play by take control both of Joy Cons pair like being played by 2 different peoples.
Can I get some money by playing in Local Multiplayer?

Anti-Matter

Eel

Do y’all have 3DSs? I’d love to add some friends to my 2DS before the services end, to have a bit of a time capsule, like on my other 3DS where I have people from the earlier days of the 3DS.

Since I started using the 2DS with a separate account after the 3DS was already on its way out, I never added anyone there. So it’ll be a bit sad to have that friend list so empty forever.

Anyway the friend code is 4270-3944-9370

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@Eel Actually went ahead and added you since I'm a nice guy... my 3DS friend code is 0173-1302-5737.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@Eel, @MarioVillager92 I'll try to add you both when I'm on my 3DS in a bit and will share my friend code as well.

Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Eel Yeah anytime! Pretty sure I can add you as a Switch friend from my 3DS friend list as well, if you're OK with that.

@Tyranexx All righty cool!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Eel

@MarioVillager92 you’d be adding my alt account actually (after all, this 2DS started life as a second unit that I had to create an account for). If you want to add me on switch I can give you the fc of the main account instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

MarioVillager92

@Eel Yeah sure, I can add your main account. What games do you like playing online on Switch? Lately I've been coming back to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 3.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
There will be Solar Eclipse today 8 April 2024, started from Mexico, USA and Canada at 1.27 pm from Texas.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Tyranexx wrote:

@Eel, @MarioVillager92 I'll try to add you both when I'm on my 3DS in a bit and will share my friend code as well.

Provisionally registered you both! Mine is 2191-8449-1318.

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Just added you back before the servers close down. The 3DS was a good system, wasn't it?

Tyranexx

@MarioVillager92 A very good system. Probably my favorite handheld before the Switch. Playing Bowser's Inside Story this evening.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Eel

@MarioVillager92 heh I’ll give you the 3DS’s friend code just so I don’t have my switch friend code out in the open: 0173-1330-0080

I have several spots open there too so if anyone else adds it do tell me so I add you back.

About what games I play online, truth be told I’m not the biggest multiplayer person, particularly not when the session needs to be arranged and scheduled, but I do have stuff like Pokemon, Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing.

@Anti-Matter yup well have a fairly good chance to admire it where I live. Hopefully I’ll to take a decent pic or something.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

Tyranexx wrote:

Provisionally registered you both! Mine is 2191-8449-1318.

My friend code is 0232-7935-8594, and I’ve provisionally added all three of you.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx That's awesome. I'd say it's my favorite Nintendo handheld before the Switch came out as well! I've replayed some 3DS games in more recent years as well... namely Super Mario 3D Land, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and more recently, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

@Eel @jedgamesguy Just added you two back, thanks! And Eel, if you see a Switch friend request from MarioLover, straight from the 3DS friend list, that'll be me. I'll let you know right when I send the request too. Also that's fine, I have Animal Crossing: New Horizons as well... I have my dream address if you'd like to check that out! All up to you.

Edit: Went ahead and added you, Eel.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

Tyranexx

Eclipse visible over much of North America today. I'm actually in the totality zone, but barely. I took the afternoon off and will be traveling to a local town that has much more totality than the ~50 seconds we're getting here. Conditions are as optimal as they'll be for early spring (some sunshine and clouds). Beats the rain they were forecasting a week ago.

@jedgamesguy Thank you! I'll try to repay the favor when I'm off work in a bit.

@MarioVillager92 I'd like to replay some of my 3DS library too, including A Link Between Worlds, OoT/MM 3D, and Super Mario 3D Land. However, I still have a small backlog of unplayed games, mostly RPGs. A couple are for the normal DS too (Final Fantasy IV and Dragon Quest IX).

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
How was situation over there at your place while waiting for solar eclipse?
Too bad, here in Indonesia nothing special happened in the sky today, just some clouds in the sky and heavy rain in the early morning. 😅

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Some roads are pretty busy. It hasn't happened yet though. Totality here is in just over 3 1/2 hours as of this writing. The moon will start covering the sun in about 2 1/4 hours. It's currently about 10:30 AM here.

card-crunch78

We're not getting an eclipse over here, the clouds decided to visit.

💚🌸🤍🌸🖤

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic