Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,261 to 96,280 of 96,609

DanijoEX-the-Pierrot

Ooof...that chicken ramen noodle from Dollar Tree is giving me heartburn. It's about on the spicy side...

Never buying that again. Even tho it's good...

I sell my famous Chesapeake Tupperware.
I ACCEPT NO DEBIT CARDS!
DO YOU HEAR ME!?!

Twitter:

card-crunch78

So because Zola is a villain in “Spidey and his Amazing Friends”, does that mean HYDRA also exists in this preschool show?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Smth2024

I return! >:3

I dunno.

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama.

i struggle with self doubt & anxiety sometimes, so please be respectful if my posts aren’t the most positive! ^u^

card-crunch78

So um…why do characters in so much media wear clothes that are impossible for me to draw?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Anti-Matter

I still comparing the candidate songs for my story telling scene where there will be a scene of the thief with his motorbike running away from the police cars chase.
It's between Ken Stage Metal remix, Beat of the Rising Sun from Initial D, Night of Fire from Initial D or Revolutionary Addict part rom Prana + Revolutionary Addict remix. Which is sounds fit and better for 1 minute scene?
I still strugglee to choose.

Anti-Matter

card-crunch78

Yoshio Sakamoto (Metroid: Other M) and I aren’t so different.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

CaleBoi25

This is the best emoji> 🫠

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Grumblevolcano

I'd like some help here. I have huge confidence issues so I always feel that when something goes wrong it's my fault and hence I blame myself for the recent situation where the forums has been less active over the past week or so.

Am I the problem?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

@MarioVillager92 No prob, and glad you're feeling a little better. I can fully relate on struggling with low self-esteem. Mental health is no joke and can be quite the roller coaster. Sometimes "the best we can" is all we can do. Gotta take things one day at a time sometimes and celebrate the smallest victories, even if it's something like "I got out of bed today" or "I accomplished X tasks like I said I would this week".

I recall hearing rumblings about the PSP and seeing it advertised at the time, but the price and the lack of games I recognized pushed me away. Looking back on the system now with my current tastes, there's plenty I would've enjoyed. Thankfully, ports and remakes are thing (at least when it comes to some Falcom and Square Enix titles). I actually didn't know the PSP was capable of playing movies via UMDs, though that capability also doesn't surprise me. I admit I still haven't looked into Mega Man Powered Up yet (kinda forgot), but it's now back on my YT watch list!

On my health: Thanks! I'm back to 100% now...at least until the pollen really ramps up. I don't get very sneezy, but it really affects my eyes in the spring (somewhat in the fall too, though it isn't as bad then). The wind has calmed a little for now, but it's supposed to ramp up again in a couple days. Sadly, my location is subject to a jet stream for a little while. Hoping to get out for a jog over my lunch tomorrow since it's supposed to be somewhat pleasant.

Splatoon is next on the agenda; I went on another Ys ear candy bender at work today lol. I've started replaying Ys VIII, which got me in the mood to listen to more of its soundtrack and revisit some tunes from other series titles I've played. Plenty of Splatoon for you then; are you one of those who's trying to revisit the original before the Wii U's online functionality fully sunsets?

Funnily enough, while I think I've seen the Back To The Future trilogy, I can't recall the finer points of Part 1 in my head....I definitely know I've seen the other two parts though. I've seen T2 (caught it on TV once years ago), but not the other movies. On paper I'd probably like some of the Indiana Jones films, but I've admittedly not watched any of them except a couple scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark. As for that Disney sing-a-long song, I did track it down on YouTube. It's basically a sing-a-long version of Grim Grinning Ghosts. Pardon the ancient visuals. XD

Disney has had some amazing villains over time. I do like how some of the more recent ones have added depth, and some are "villains" in ways we (or they, for that matter) wouldn't really expect. Not all are great though; can't say I'm too impressed with Hans from Frozen, for example. The irony is my scare threshold used to be MUCH lower, and now I work in a haunted house and even go through a couple when they're in season as time allows. XD I played Super Mario 64 long after I was a scaredy-kid, but I think the piano bit in the Boo's Haunt level probably would've gotten me the first time back in the day.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

CaleBoi25

@Tyranexx I like your signature! Mark 12:31 is a great verse!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Ryu_Niiyama

I swear some people take no responsibility for their actions. I love (sarcasm ) it when people crappost a snarky reply to a straightforward comment I make and then when I call them out they either heavily edit their posts or delete them so my comment looks unhinged if their original comment wasn’t seen. And this is why I take screenshots and use the ignore and block list heavily. Why go take a swing at someone and then run when they fight back?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CaleBoi25

@Ryu_Niiyama Fair point, but i think some people legitimately think that if they argue no one will argue back and get scared when someone does

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

jedgamesguy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'd like some help here. I have huge confidence issues so I always feel that when something goes wrong it's my fault and hence I blame myself for the recent situation where the forums has been less active over the past week or so.
Am I the problem?

One thing I've learned to appreciate over the last few years here is that you can only control what you do, not what others do, nor how they react. People talking less isn't a reflection on you at all, it could be the usual suspects are just busy. I know users here that have explained in their posts how busy they are, but others are more private so it's not always worth the mental strain of worrying about what others are doing at all.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Princess_Lilly

@Grumblevolcano absolutely not.

You are in no way responsible for the behavior of others

I havent seen you talking that much on forums either and nothing you say could deter others.

On a sidenote, I have been lurking for a long time on nl before I made an account, and you are one of the few people whose comments I remember and I liked them.

And thats coming from someone who was on a verge of deleting all accounts because of a similar thing.

Feel reassured.

Princess_Lilly

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@CaleBoi25 Thank you! It's one of my favorite verses.

jedgamesguy wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Am I the problem?

One thing I've learned to appreciate over the last few years here is that you can only control what you do, not what others do, nor how they react. People talking less isn't a reflection on you at all, it could be the usual suspects are just busy. I know users here that have explained in their posts how busy they are, but others are more private so it's not always worth the mental strain of worrying about what others are doing at all.

Exactly this. I think this is also related to how relatively quiet it has been on the Nintendo front lately. Plus, with spring ramping up, some like yours truly are spending more time outside (Sometimes willingly, sometimes not). Been spending a bit less time on the forums in general.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThatZeldaNerd

@CaleBoi25 AYYYY Yo i know that too! W verse indeed

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

@CaleBoi25 Thank you! It's one of my favorite verses.

jedgamesguy wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Am I the problem?

Exactly this. I think this is also related to how relatively quiet it has been on the Nintendo front lately. Plus, with spring ramping up, some like yours truly are spending more time outside (Sometimes willingly, sometimes not). Been spending a bit less time on the forums in general.

In other words some of us do be touching grass.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

WoomyNNYes

@Grumblevolcano I'd say the main factor for lower activity here is that this is the end of the Switch console cycle. This place will likely be buzzing more when there's a new console, 3D Mario, new Mario Kart, etc.

If many of us here are in the northern hemisphere, things are warming up, and people may be doing more outside the home. (Plus easter holiday?) I'm also getting bored with the few games I play, and there aren't any new game releases this year (announced) that I'm particularly interested in. If Wind Waker drops, my money is ready!

EDIT: Just saw that JedJamesGuy above made the same point above.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic