Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,321 to 63,340 of 96,507

Tasuki

@Kermit1 It was announced yesterday that she was in ill health by her doctors and Prince Charles as well as Williiam and Harry along with their familes were heading to be with her so it sounded like she didn't have much time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Kermit1doesmath

@Tasuki I had a feeling, She was going to pass away. Something like that happened in my family once, where everyone came together see someone before they passed.

dysgraphia awareness human

RR529

Condolences to my friends over in Britain. As an American I can't say it affects me in the same manner as it does to you folks across the pond, but she's been such a constant in the world culture it's going to be strange without her.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sunsy

Apologies to late responses, actually got hooked to playing some classic Mortal Kombat games being stuck at home on a rainy day yesterday.

Will be replying via quotes.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Sunsy
Well, Bomberman on Gamecube only have 2 games.
Bomberman Generation was exclusive to Gamecube and the price on Ebay was really inflated, mostly you find PAL version with some Japanese version. USA version was extremely rare to find from Ebay and I was so lucky to get Bomberman Generation USA version with cheaper price directly from my hometown.

The other one was Bomberman Jetters with similar gameplay as Generation and it has PS2 version as well but the PS2 version lack of cell shaded lines. The USA and PAL version were really inflated on Ebay but the Japanese version especially PS2 version was cheaper.

Btw, if you want to try some Bomberman games, get PS2 machine Japan version as it has the most Bomberman games on PS2 but most of them are never got English version.
My recommendations:
Bomberman Battles (Classic + Golf + Tennis + Baseball)
Bomberman Land 3 (Free roaming in Fun Park + Party games + Bomberman Kart DX part but it was really difficult to play)
Bomberman Jetters (Similar gameplay as Bomberman Generation)

Don't pick Bomberman Kart and DX version as the games are really hard in drifting and you will oftenly see Failed on the screen.

Better you expand your gaming experience from games like these and never before played games as I found you only know about Sonic games, Disney games, Mario games, Troll, My Little Pony, etc so I have difficulty to discuss about some specific games.
I have challenged myself from the games I don't even have much interest with them such as Rango PS3, Ben 10 games on PS3, Disney Universe PS3, Rabbids games on Wii, Kirby Star Allies Switch, etc and I got some new experience from playing those games even though some of them I admitted not really good games but still playable.

Cool, but I'm not going to buy a PlayStation 2 just to play Bomberman. Wouldn't mind playing more Bomberman games since I had fun with the one I have for Dreamcast, and that free-to-play game on Switch and PC. I could try the ones on Nintendo consoles. The only PC ones I see are Super Bomberman R and the F2P one, which are both on Switch.

I have other games I want to play more, but maybe I'll consider a Bomberman Nintendo game if I stumble across a game for an affordable price (I really don't like how older games have been going up in price).

I'm surprised by the lack of Bomberman games on PC, if there were more games than Super Bomberman R on Steam, I would consider buying them there.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy The fact that I have a coworker that I can now discuss gaming with a little has helped too. I've been using internet forums since high school - well over a decade - and I've found smaller, less used but active segments of sites (like the forums here) are better than the cesspool that IGN turned into. I began my forum career there a LONG time ago on the Pokemon boards. That was back when the site was mostly focused on gaming news. I visit a couple of other gaming sites besides here and occasionally peruse others if an interesting article comes across my feed, but this is the only place I have an account. Some of it is time, but the internet in general wears me out even on a good day sometimes.

Ah, yes; high school and, by extension, jr. high. The era of life where "growing up" for many means leaving things perceived as "kiddie" behind. I watched some kids cartoons long after I was no longer part of their target audience; despite my age, I still watch the occasional Recess episode, for example. I admittedly never got into Jimmy Neutron too much, but the show was usually enjoyable. If we're going for "similar" Nick shows, I was much more into The Fairly Oddparents. Same with Danny Phantom, older Spongebob, and Avatar: The Last Airbender. My best memories of high school were probably certain lunch days and days out of the norm, like the few field trips I went on or the one time some kid got in trouble for getting into a fistfight with another kid and then accidentally punched a teacher when he tried breaking up the fight. Full brawls weren't common where I went.

Wow, for me, I think the first forum I ever went to was a Jimmy Neutron fan forum.

Very cool, similarly I wasn't into Spongebob much, I was more into Jimmy Neutron and the Fairly Odd Parents at the time. Thing is, I wasn't into things most teenagers were into at the time. Outside watching WWE and playing video games, I just wasn't into the kind of things most peers my age were into when I was in high school. I wanted to watch cartoons and animated movies more than live action or reality TV. I did play some games that were teen orientated like Medal of Honor (back then, MOH was T for teen), and a few mature games like Quake III, Resident Evil, and House of the Dead. I did play a lot of cartoon tie-in games, character stuff like Sonic and Mario. I still enjoyed those things too.

Days when things were out of the norm were usually fun, like a trip or something that doesn't involve staying in the classroom all day.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Yeah, I can't blame you. I guess that's just the nature of most internet forums. Same thing with social media platforms nowadays. I don't think I'll ever go on another forum again, I'm perfectly happy with the one here on Nintendo Life. That's cool you liked it, the multiple endings is an interesting concept for sure. I just wish the controls weren't as slippery, and that the stages were more straightforward.

Same here, I do have a personal Instagram account, outside that I really don't use social media. I know YouTube is considered social media, but I watch more than actually comment on the site. This is really the only forum I visit regularly.

That's fine. Yeah, years ago, I was trying to get all 10 endings and see the true ending, and I succeeded at that. One of my accomplishments in Sonic games. I do find it funny I got all the emeralds for the first time on the GBA version of Sonic 1, since then I've only got them on handheld versions of Sonic lol (3DS, mobile, Switch). Made for an interesting accomplishment.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

This is the news I woke up to. Dude, May she Rest In Peace. She will be missed.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I heard you have some interest with Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir.
There will be a Miraculous game on multi consoles.

I personally not a fan of their heroes outfits as they looked better in normal looking folks.
Not a fan of polka dot pattern on heroes outfits.

PS2 machine is pretty cheap and they have way much better games library than Gamecube in my opinion.
I found tons of hidden gems from PS2 games, from DDR, other BEMANI games, Ratchet & Clank games, K-1, Monster Farm 4, Hotshot Tennis, Bomberman games, The Sims Bustin' Out, etc.
These are my recommendations for PS2 games, I'm sure you want to open to other games you have never played before, stepping a little bit from comfort zones. It seems you don't have interest with PlayStation games.

Oh, btw. Have you heard about Jojo Siwa on Nickelodeon ?
Well, there will be Jojo Siwa game on multi consoles by OG Games.
Untitled

My first thought was what the heck was that.
Never heard about her before then suddenly there will be a new video game about her by OG Games.
Outright Games have announced a lot of kids games during this year including Bratz.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Btw, who have interest with Biker Mice from Mars?
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Kermit1doesmath

@Anti-Matter I can't escape Jo Jo Siwa, no matter what I do. I have her blocked on everything, but she still finds a way.

That Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir game sounds neat.

Kermit1doesmath

@Anti-Matter I find her annoying, and once when I blocked her channel it didn't get blocked and stayed glitch for a while.

MarioVillager92

My deepest condolences to everyone affected by Queen Elizabeth II's passing... may she rest in peace.

@Sunsy I see, gotcha. Similarly, I do have a personal Facebook account which I use for keeping in touch with family and IRL friends. I do have Twitter for posting my clips from the Switch games I play (mostly from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe). Those are the only ones I use, and I'm not really interested in the other platforms.

That's cool. A long while back, I actually went ahead and did all the extra missions and super hard mode in Sonic Heroes - the latter was especially tough. I did like Sonic Heroes despite its flaws (such as the slippery controls, for example), I liked its team mechanic and a good number of its levels. Plus it's got some great music, the theme for Grand Metropolis is one of my favorites.

Speaking of Sonic, I did talk to another friend of mine about Sonic games for a little bit, such as Sonic Adventure DX. We were talking about how cool it was that all the Game Gear Sonic games were unlockable. I'm getting a bit nostalgic for that game now, lol. Hopefully my copy still works and that I can unlock those games again.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

cordova94

@Tyranexx, yeah I'm with you there.....I'm about two steps from being a teetotaller or whatever you call it......I rarely drink and never did.....not a huge appeal to me. I do however, occasionally enjoy a cider from a business in Dartmouth, NS that a girl I went to high school with owns. If you are of age and ever have a chance, Lake City Cider has some fantastic choices and decent shipping in Canada.

@Kermit1, thanks for the muppet vid! Also, yes, Labyrinth is iconic and eternal and one should quote it frequently, now and forever.

As for the Queen, she commands a great deal of respect no matter how one feels about the Monarchy. She was clever and had a fantastic sharp wit. She was formidable and she honoured the legacy of the Elizabeth before her. And more trivially (though still admirably and genuinely noted), she knew how to stand out on her own terms and had a hat collection that no one can match! She truly was a Queen, in body and in spirit and she will be remembered as the icon she was. RIP <3

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

Tyranexx

My condolences for those who are mourning the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. 96 years is an amazing age to make it to, and I'm happy she passed peacefully. You can't really ask for more than that. 70 years....That's a very long time to reign!

@Kermit1 Zelda II is a victim of the sequel game syndrome back in that time period. A lot of experimentation happened with different franchises, and a lot of those "second" or sequel games are known to be odd ones with wildly different mechanics. It can be a fun game, but it definitely doesn't hold anyone's hand.

To be fair, it isn't the hardest game I've played from that time period. That honor goes to Super Ghouls N Ghosts.

@MarioLover92 I have no qualms with you forming your own thoughts on the movie; it's still worth watching, even if it isn't my favorite Disney film.

I probably would've liked Halo to an extent if I'd had some proper exposure to it, but unfortunately I never did. How was the Splatfest? That was the weekend I was off getting drenched in line for a concert - yay rain - so it wasn't the most convenient weekend for me to try the game. I would've gotten pwned anyway; I've never played the previous titles. XD I would've loved to take more computer-oriented courses, especially related to early coding concepts (I had to learn some of this on my own before college; my knowledge was pretty basic), 3D modeling, and even a hardware class or two.

@Sunsy I spent quite a bit of time on Pokemon and Digimon text roleplay sites too; you'd create a character and then be guided through a segments of story by the various mods; think of it like playing a tabletop game via text, or even text LARP. There were forums for out of character discussion and general discussion too.

I've heard the Fairly Oddparents really started going downhill after I stopped watching, which was just after the dog showed up...plus I moved to my own place, so I didn't have regular access to satellite channels (or even a TV for a bit). I wasn't much into what a lot of other kids my age were into either. Dating was never a priority then, nor was going out to malls or anywhere else constantly; the latter was because I lived in the sticks and had to rely on my parents driving me somewhere until I got my license though. I didn't have access to a lot of mature games outside of arcades, but that was more by preference and not prohibition.

@cordova94 I drink socially, but I'm not a bar person and don't even typically store any in my house. I normally average <1 drink a month. I've only ever been tipsy once - never been past that point - and that was completely by accident. I learned the hard way that two very different drinks close together don't mix well in my system. No external cues to the coworker I was with other than how chatty I became for a bit lol. We were at a work conference and the hotel was within walking distance. I do enjoy cider, both regular and hard cider, so I'll definitely look that location up!...If they ship to the States. Though I would like to visit NS and other parts of Canada at some point.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Welp I’ve been playing Zelda II on the G&W. With the maxed out stats, of course. The dungeons are all done, now it’s I just gotta investigate what lies beyond the graveyard and find the final palace.

Playing it with maxed out stats from the beginning has made the game bearable up to this point, but the difficulty is catching up to me now.

It’s weird…. Using the cheat has demystified the game for me. It’s actually very… Basic? The adventure itself has been a very simple loop of “do a fetch quest, get a new spell/ability, enter a dungeon, unlock the next area”. The cheat actually gives you all the spells, so there was no incentive for me to actually go through with the fetch quests, but without those quests, the world is actually really tiny and linear… Not at all like the first game.

Without that layer of unfairness gatekeeping progression and padding the gameplay time, the game has actually very little meat to it.

The music is great though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@Tyranexx I don't think it was experimentation more of being afraid of making a game to similar to the last game. When games like Zelda II, Castlevania II and Super Mario Bros 2 came out NA was only a few years removed from the video game crash. A crash mainly brought on by oversaturated market filled with Pacman and Pong clones. It's been even said several times that the reason NA got a different version of Super Mario 2 was because Howard Philips thought that the original SMB2 was to similar to the first game. It's probably the same reason that Zelda II was so different I would guess.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter JoJo Siwa was a youtuber, and my nieces watcher her. And she does stuff/concerts/things with Nickelodeon (a channel here in the US). That's about all I know of her, but she was popular with my nieces as of 3-4 years ago. She's still popular, as far as I know.

edit: Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 has a JoJo Siwa themed track, it's all glitter & rainbows. It has a cool & funny shortcut in the track, actually.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
One weird thing I found from Jojo Siwa game on modern consoles by Outright Games was the game has no trailer yet but only have a few screenshots about the gameplay so I couldn't really imagine how good was that game but assuming from my experience from Hannah Montana game on PS3, after I read the game feature of Jojo Siwa the gameplay was somewhat similar as Hannah Montana style.
I cross my finger hopefully the game will be decent enough as I found some games by Outright Games were really mediocre and cheap in term of using gameplay style idea.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic