Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,301 to 63,320 of 64,486

WoomyNNYes

US people, has anyone noticed G4TV, the video game channel that's back on cable (Fios channel 804), plays Scott The Woz in one hour blocks. You know, I wouldn't mind seeing other youtubers get their content put on g4 as shows, like Spawn Wave's daily news show. I think he could pull it off.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for good video<3)
'Tendo liker

Kermit1

@WoomyNNYes SpawnWave could do well in a TV format... I feel bad for him right now and all the strikes to his channel.

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

Sunsy

@tekoii Definitely hope so. It is early, but I am looking forward to it. This particular theater did their summer series early around 9AM, before the bigger movies play. They also showed Spirit Untamed and Boss Baby Family Business, and Monday they're showing Trolls World Tour. So it seems to be a couple of recent DreamWorks movies.

Big thing is, Trolls World Tour skipped theaters because of obvious reasons, so that kind of makes Trolls a bigger deal since fans like myself wanted to see it on the big screen in 2020. I already saw it in July at another theater, and friend decided to go to the other showing to.

@MarioLover92 Cool, I think I used one for Sonic 4 Episode 1, and I also got Super Mario 3 with that card. The only other WiiWare game I have is Dr. Mario Online RX, but that was from Club Nintendo.

That's cool. Band shirts just never appealed to me, I can't see wearing one unless it was something I really really liked. Thinking about my teen years, the only music I come back to is Weezer. IIRC, it was pressure to listen to rock music because it was "cool music" or "real music" back then. Really, I just liked upbeat music and soundtracks. Weezer's Green Album was great because it was upbeat. Weezer's Photograph is one of my favorite songs. I mostly liked soundtrack music, and found myself listening to Sonic songs more. I have the Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack CD.

Those sound like some really nice gaming themed shirts. I think during my teen years, it was mostly Pokemon and Sonic shirts in terms of gaming. Some were Jimmy Neutron and some were Disney, well the few Finding Nemo shirts I found that fit. Nowadays, it's mostly Trolls, Peach, Sonic, couple of other Disney characters on my shirts (I have a shirt with Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph, Anna and Elsa, and surprisingly Sofia the First, Amazon Disney shirts come in all sizes even characters that are part of Disney Junior, which Sofia is... also Sofia the First's show is 10 years old come November, so some older fans may be nostalgic for it).

Yeah, I got lucky as a Nintendo fan. Also being a PC gamer, I was able to keep up with conversations on the few games that weren't on GameCube. Not only kids, but one teacher did as well. Thankfully she got fired, but she was concerned with me wearing a Jimmy Neutron shirt over anything else that could have been seen as worse. Like, all I did was wear a character shirt, and it didn't even have anything inappropriate on it, lol. She just got annoyed because it wasn't "age appropriate," despite animated movies being categorized as "Kids/Family" for good reason too.

That's great, meanwhile in recent years, I haven't been made fun of for liking stuff I like. When My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic got bigger, I wore an MLP shirt out. Rather than being made fun of, I got mostly complements. It just feels better to be a fan of stuff now, than years ago. I wouldn't want to go back to the days where character shirts were for kids only or being mocked because I like something.

Will admit, one thing I did enjoy that others my age did like back then was WWE. Wrestling was just entertaining, the characters, the storylines, it was fun. I enjoy it, and got back into watching it. Outside that and video games, most stuff teens were into when I was a teen, I just wasn't into. I was always a cartoon kind of guy, that's one thing that never changed.

The remix sounds great, perfect timing too since I saw Sega's new video on their social media about the new Genesis mini.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

WoomyNNYes

@blindsquarel Even though G4 is the only gamer content on TV? - There's no wrong answer.😉 I'm not crazy about current G4. (I liked the older Attack of the Show)

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for good video<3)
'Tendo liker

Maxenmus

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@blindsquarel Even though G4 is the only gamer content on TV? - There's no wrong answer.😉

When you put it that way, yeah, especially when the other major gaming "journalism" (can't even write this out with a straight face) alternative in mainstream media is... IGN. Or Gamespot, I guess. Is Gamespot still around? lol

I guess there's also half a dozen other reliable gaming YouTubers who regularly reviews the latest games, but you have to go to the Internet/YouTube for that instead of just turning on the TV, so that might not be appealing for certain people.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

markmarkmark

Maxenmus wrote:

Untitled
I hope the creators of this game know the definition of "irony."

hah, I get that irony completly 🤣

I read an article the other day discussing the current status of disney.
it's this one: Disney is Dead: The Coming Disney Crisis Happening Now

it also had a very interesting infographic that showed all the companies disney owns.

Untitled

that said, I swear monopoly makes a new "flavor" like literally every few months it's crazy. 🤣

Game on. 🤘 Rock on. 🎸

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
" I was always a cartoon kind of guy, that's one thing that never changed."

So, have you tried other cartoonish games such as Cat Quest 1 + 2, Dodgeball Academia, Kao the Kangaroo, Hokko Life, etc?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

markmarkmark

okay, I just checked how many monopoly versions there are out there cuzI didn't know and oh my...

at the very least there are around 3000 versions. that's staggering. 😮

How Many Monopoly Versions Are There?
Untitled

Game on. 🤘 Rock on. 🎸

Tyranexx

I knew there were several dozen versions of Monopoly out there, but not THAT many. O...O

@MarioLover92 Nor am I. I don't dislike Star Wars by any means; I enjoy what I've seen of the films (which admittedly isn't all of them), but I never got really into the franchise. It works very well, I was able to get in a round at work today. I wanted to play again right after I got off work, but the glass on the table was off (likely for some spot maintenance). I didn't want to accidentally lose a ball or something. XD

I highly encourage you to get back into the XC games! But in your own time. They can be quite long hauls.

@Bunkerneath It's a fun one! Pretty slick, modern table. It's a shame its soon-to-be home isn't very close...or maybe that's a good thing? XD I've also always wanted a real pinball table in my house. Unfortunately, outside of the hefty up front cost, I'd also need to either learn how to repair them, or hire someone replacing some parts and components aren't easy and can be expensive.

Currently playing: Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Heart of the Forest (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Anti-Matter

So, quick question about Kirby games.
Which other Kirby games I can making friends after Star Allies?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Maxenmus

@markmarkmark
I'm pretty sure the chart shaped like Mickey Mouse's head is also an old chart too. lol I swear I've seen that chart from a while ago, probably last year, when Disney just acquired Fox studios. Never mind the thousands or millions of workers who lost their job, because Iron Man will finally team up with Wolverine... oh never mind, Avengers: Endgame happened. OOPS.

I could never get into Monopoly though because I suck at it. I'm not cut out for business management. 🤣 Uno is more my game.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1

I took a nap at 2:30 (in my time) and I woke up at 8:30. I feel off I don't normally take naps, but that blood work drained me (haha) of energy.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

@Kermit1
Take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling well. I do enjoy naps like that myself. lol Just sleeping whenever I want in the middle of the day... Man, the freedom. xD

Maxenmus

Kermit1

@Maxenmus I feel better now, turns out you don't need to fast before blood work. I do need to fast before the MRI we got the things switched up lol.

Hopefully I don't have anything too bad (I'd explain what I have but I don't want to freak anyone out)

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Fizza

I was away for a few days seeing some family members down across the country, but I'm finally back!
Untitled
I had a great time overall: seeing my granny and granda, popping into some of my cousins, getting to see said cousin's adorable bijon frise and getting some frankly brilliant food, it was just a fantastic time all around (and probably the last time I'll be doing it for a while what with holidays ending in about a week's time for me).

I got a ton of stuff done gaming wise as well. I played a BUNCH of N64 NSO over the last few days (Mario/Kart 64, Pokemon Puzzle League and WinBack), started up Mario Odyssey for the first time in ages and beat it for the 4th time now (still exceptional by the way) and got a few more arcade runs of Street Fighter Alpha 2 done in Birdie and Sagat (that final fight between Sagat and Ryu in his run? Absolute perfection). I was unfortunately not able to get Wave Race for the trip since I didn't have any online when it came out today but I'm very excited to try it out tomorrow since N64 racing games are my absolute jam (I just hope it's more of a F-Zero X than Mario Kart 64 if you know what I mean).

Other than that though, it's good to be back. Can't wait to watch the Pokemon World Championships over the next few days (especially with the news about SV and the TCG in the closing ceremony)!

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
I will be on Splatoon brainrot for the next month, apologies in advance
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Kermit1

@Fizza did you get the SW&SH Victini yet?

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Fizza

@Kermit1 Yep, and it is BEAUTIFUL.
Untitled
(10 years of waiting has led up to this moment)

Also started up a hunt for a shiny Eiscue since I'm back on Shield anyway (plus it's version exclusive in SV so I'd like to have a stock of them to transfer up from HOME). Currently on 150 eggs and having a pretty good time as well

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
I will be on Splatoon brainrot for the next month, apologies in advance
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Kermit1

@Fizza I still need a Japanese ditto for the madusa method.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic