Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,301 to 63,320 of 96,530

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel No matter how you beat the game I will change my pfp. lol

dysgraphia awareness human

WoomyNNYes

So, are hurricanes commen over there, @Eel? I see one in your region.

Ironically, in eastern US, it's extremely rare we haven't had a hurricane in August track into eastern/southern US. Hurricane season here is August to mid-October, I think.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yes I did mean the original animated one. Ah all righty then, think I'll give that a watch anyway, I do like forming my own thoughts on what I think. Not to mention that I've always loved how classic Disney movies look. Maleficent sounds like a good watch as well.

Yeah, I really only picked which FPSs interest me the most, such as the Halo series since I've always liked sci-fi settings. I definitely like Splatoon, and I actually want to get Splatoon 3 at some point - I was pretty skeptical on the game when it was first announced last year, but after learning more about the game and playing the Splatfest, I'm quite a bit more hyped for it now. Yeah, I would have liked to take more computer classes in HS, it wasn't until college that I took more of them. Little did I know that I would have a real hard time with programming - I did decent in my programming courses, at least.

@Eel Good to hear things are all right for you now. Do stay safe.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Mioaionios

My condolences to all our friends from the UK who loved Queen Elizabeth II.

Mioaionios

jedgamesguy

All my life my Queen was Queen Elizabeth II. Same with my parents. And their parents. Her reign was incredible and she dealt with the responsibility with dignity, every day. And now she’s gone. Just like that.

It’s a strange feeling.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Eel

Oh wow that is certainly a shock to hear! She’s been like, a constant element of culture for so long… That it became easy to forget she was indeed a person.

My condolences.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

I'm in the exact same situation as @TheJGG myself. To see such a constant fixture of British (and pretty much the rest of the world) life suddenly just gone like that leaves me in such a bizarre feeling where I just....don't know what to say. One of Britain's best Queens ever and a presence that will be sorely missed for probably the rest of time.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

So is Charles the King now? He is very old himself, hopefully he’ll be alright during the transition.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

jedgamesguy

@Fizza In honesty the Queen’s death… it was always something we all had to gear up for in recent years… but still, when it actually comes we still don’t feel ready. It still doesn’t feel real. Maybe it’ll sink in soon. It’s going to be a strange feeling.

But it’s not all bad. We were graced with such a great figure who took such responsibility and rose to the challenges admirably. With any luck the dignity, kindness and humility the Queen had will live on in us all.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Kermit1doesmath

I just saw the Queen past away, I'm watching CBC now.

Anti-Matter

We will miss her iconic appearance on Mr Bean animated series.
Untitled

My condolences.

Anti-Matter

Kermit1doesmath

I saw the top post on Reddit saying she was in ill health and when I clicked it, I was in shock for a second seeing only a few minutes ago she had passed away. I ran to tell my Mom and she turned the channel to CBC.

Rambler

Charles III?
Thought he was gonna have a different Reginal name?

Rambler

Kimyonaakuma

Can't say I'm personally sad or affected, but it is quite odd. She has always been there.

We'll need to see how long the Royal Family lasts after this.

Kimyonaakuma

Eel

Anti-Matter wrote:

We will miss her iconic appearance on Mr Bean animated series.
Untitled

My condolences.

Curiously enough, my introduction to the concept of Queen Elizabeth and real life royalty existing was Mr. Beans original series, where he meets (and headbutts) her.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

StarPoint

Man, I figured the day would come at pretty much any point. Crazy to see it actually happen, though.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic