Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 62,841 to 62,860 of 96,486

ogo79

to whom it may concern.
the link is very much added back to my profile.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

@Fizza In my experience it all depends on what crowds you’re in. I use it mainly to connect with people I either know in real life, or online. I’m not in many servers either; I’m in a F1 server, and a writing server, plus tekoii’s, and that’s it. I understand your apprehension though, and totally get it if you decide not to. Having said that… I believe there are more pros than cons. But either way we’re getting you on!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza I choose to never look at the comments on YouTube, most of the time it's ""kids"" making ""jokes"" there. Or immature ""adults"", or scams, or bots, or

batman1989fan7890: the nintendo switch is the worst.. because i t has digital and breath wild is overated.

that is a legit comment I once saw. I'll never forget it.

I spend too much time on YouTube lol

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

MarioVillager92

@Fizza Ah that's understandable. Tekoii's server is quite chill actually, and like @TheJGG said, it depends on what kind of people you're dealing with. Yeah let us know if you do get it!

NeonPizza wrote:

There was a comment section where people were talking about how much they enjoyed the Sega Dreamcast and why it was their favorite console and blah blah. Then some random idiot jumps in and says to the OP, "But what does your girlfriend look like?"

My goodness, that comment of theirs is...immature, to say the least. This is why I really dislike reading YouTube comments.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza YES I completely agree. I'm done with superhero movies and TV. I want to watch stuff like The Office and Edwardian Farm (10/10 show), and (kinda) obscure films like MirrorMask.

and Goonies, a true 80s film.

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

Man, YouTube seems to always have at least one d-bag that will randomly chime in just to ruin everybody's parade of positivity. There was a comment section where people were talking about how much they enjoyed the Sega Dreamcast and why it was their favorite console and blah blah. Then some random idiot jumps in and says to the OP, "But what does your girlfriend look like?"

See what i mean? Shielded by the internet and remaining Anonymous. If the guy said that in person to the wrong guy he'd get punched out and that's the reality. I called him out on it, and he basically labeled me as being Virtuous, like i'm playing the role of Mr. Moral highground and blah blah. Just making excuses for the childish comment he made. If he's trickling past his early 20's i'd be pretty surprised.

Happens all the time, nothing new. YT is a cess people that brings out the d-bags and crazies, after all.

The sad part about this is that it will be a perpetual problem on the Internet as long as anonymity is a thing. And worse than that, even if that troll is shadow-banned on YouTube after being reported (which does happen, and your comments will become invisible), they could just easily create a new account and troll again - and it will cost them nothing. Because no one knows who they are in real life, they could walk away scot-free without consequence. It won't cost them their job, their reputation. They will not be branded as a disrespectful "troll" for the rest of their life in their neighborhood like some criminals in real life would be. They can continue to be disrespectful as much as they want to. It's sad and pathetic, and us wasting our time on people like them just means we're giving them what they want: attention. But that's why I don't bother with YouTube comments anymore and just move on because I have better things to do with my life. Would I prefer wasting negative energy on a toxic troll, or would I prefer to just spend my time enjoying the games and movies I love? I think the answer is obvious.

NeonPizza wrote:

@Kermit1
It gets worse the older you get. I can't help but cringe when i see teenagers and 20-something year olds hyperbowling over the unlimited supply of upcoming Marvel movie trailers being pumped out or acting like the latest pattinson Batman movie for example was some sort of deep phylosophical masterpiece. I'm over it dude. Yet, to be perfectly fair, looking back, i was exactly any better in my mid 20's. I was just as excitable and ranty' about the things that i loved. But i dont recall ever going out of my way to invade somebody's parade and take some random childish cheap shot that's designed to tear somebody donw. Either i was too mature for that nonsense or just wasn't miserable enough.

Something I find kinda annoying about this is, many of these teens haven't even bothered to pick up a comic book in the first place. It's like raving over a Sonic film when you've never bothered to play a Sonic game (or maybe you've only seen the cartoon). I'm not encouraging gatekeeping or anything, and young people should be able to enjoy new iterations of older franchises without being judged... but the inverse isn't always true when it comes to these people. They would go, "No one cares about the comics. The comics don't matter." Just a total lack of respect for the things people love. It's like, grow up, kid. Stop patronizing others when you don't even understand what you're being hyped up about. Marvel is just churning up repetitive garbage for you people at this point, and you're just eating it up.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@Maxenmus comic sales have been pretty bad recently. I read comics though! the GOBOTS series is awesome.

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

@Maxenmus comic sales have been pretty bad recently. I read comics though! the GOBOTS series is awesome.

That's why there are older comics for you to read. It's like, a lot of modern video games are pretty bad recently too, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't play video games.

Plus, people tend to forget that there are other comic book publishers besides the Big Two (Marvel and DC), such as Image Comics, IDW, Dark Horse, Valiant, and let's not forget Japanese manga.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@Maxenmus I have quite a few older ones too. I'm a nerd after all. (those Power Ranger comics from I think Dark Horse are amazing and deal with the idea of multi-verses better than any other comic)

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza I have a 1080 TV from 2018 my family got when we were cleaning out my uncles (may he RIP) house.

There's only two films I want to see this year one of them being Avatar 2.

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

But ya, i find most movies boring, unoriginal and stale these days. Like, talk about stagnant. Nothing is really evolving in terms of technology, unlike the video game industry that's now rocking virtual reality, which again has a LOT of room for growth and is totally next level at it's best.. I wish movies would bring back a new form of 3D or inject some sort of VR technology to make the viewer feel like a spectator IN the film itself which would 10 fold the immersion and get more people excited to watch movies again. 4K & HDR(which has no quality standards btw) imo, are nothing to get excited about.

As someone passionate about movies, I'd rather they focus on the storytelling rather than the visual technology. No amount of fancy 3-D or CGI is going to get me to watch a movie with a boring story, which is why I've only seen Avatar once and forgot about it.

Kermit1 wrote:

@Maxenmus I have quite a few older ones too. I'm a nerd after all. (those Power Ranger comics from I think Dark Horse are amazing and deal with the idea of multi-verses better than any other comic)

Yeah, I think those Power Rangers comics were a good idea to expand the lore of the show. I've seen some decent stories from them that's written for more mature audiences who might be turned off by the goofiness of the TV show.

Edit:
Messed up the quotes for a sec there. lol Don't know what happened.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

But, i look at it's sequal as more of a theme park attraction to showcase this new 3D technology and 48fps.

Martin Scorsese would cry his heart out. lol You know, considering what he said about movies being like theme parks these days, as opposed to being a journey of human experience.

Whenever I get cynical about "movies nowadays" though, I would always remember that conversation I had with another film buff where he told me how shallow Hollywood movies were a thing too back then. He said that there's not much difference in how filmmaking works even in '30s or '50s Hollywood, only that we're exposed to more movies now because of the Internet. I do think that inspired filmmaking is still a possibility, but we do need to make the effort and support them more. The Internet really affected how movie profits work nowadays. Instead of checking out a movie that looks interesting at your local theater, you can now just stream whatever at your convenience at home, meaning that the less publicized movies that might be more original and inspired get overlooked.

I know this website called Mubi, for example, and they made great strides in recommending such original indie films to its members, using the profit from the membership fee, I would imagine, to contribute to those indie filmmakers with a vision. So there are ways to support better and more original storytelling in movies even in our modern film industry. The solution just isn't that obvious to the average movie-goer.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Tyranexx

@tekoii Pinball machines are varied and can be quite fun! Both modern and more classic tables. I never got too into light gun games outside of the House of the Dead on-rails shooters; those can be quite fun in the right circumstances. Apologies on almost spoiling something in XC3, but that is why those tags are there! XD I'd assumed you were ahead of me. Outing was great indeed...though the deluge part of it all was a 1/10.

@Kermit1 Funnily enough, some psychology reading I've delved into recently revealed that we're never fully in control; it's an illusion. We can control parts of our life yes, but not every single facet all the time. Tl;Dr - That's a good mindset to have. I don't mind needles either, but I know some people who can't stand them (or the sight of blood).

@MarioLover92 Neither of my parents were into science fiction or fantasy, so I got into it on my own. That means I missed out on some big fandoms like Star Wars. I like both, but in general I like fantasy a little more than sci-fi. Depends on the setting though. You can PM me on Discord if you want, but I'm curious to know if you can spoiler tag a whole image in the application. It wouldn't hurt to experiment with something random and non-spoilery I'd think.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

There was an Animal Crossing parody in Yokai Watch anime, with name Atsumare Yokai no Shima (Atsumare Doubutsu no Mori / ACNH)
Watch at 3:27

Anti-Matter

Maxenmus

I'm kinda tired of the "you can't see John Cena" meme. It's as outdated as dabbing, people. lol

Maxenmus

Kermit1doesmath

@Tyranexx Blood doesn't bother me it's "insides" that do. I stick to PG-13 as my limit for a reason.

I was raised to go with the punches, I'm also super mello and even though I have high anxiety among some ''learning related" things.

Also I love Pinball

@Anti-Matter that's a great parody they did! lol

Sunsy

I'd say today has been one of the best days. Went to see Trolls World Tour again, another local theater had a showing so my friend and I went. I love the Trolls theater experience, also I feel like one of the few lucky fans who not only got to see it in theaters, but in theaters twice. Hope to go to more showings when Trolls 3 comes out next year.

Then an even bigger surprise, Realm Royale actually got updated after two years of no updates! This was one of the most underrated battle royale games, honestly one I like, especially being a spin-off of Paladins. A few years ago, actually won a game of solos.

@tekoii Yeah, Mr. Peabody and Sherman was a reboot movie DreamWorks made of a classic cartoon. Those movies are good, though Trolls is my favorite DreamWorks series. I also like Kung Fu Panda. Thanks, I have a feeling I will since I do enjoy animated movies.

You're welcome, it was a good time!

@MarioLover92 Cool, I think the only other Mega Man game I have is the one on the SNES mini, which I still haven't played yet.

Yeah, they not only cover "Lost in the Woods," they recreated the entire scene for the music video with Kristen Bell as Anna in the video too. It's definitely worth watching if you like Frozen II.

Yeah. It is better too, fun part about the trip today, I wore one of my favorite Trolls shirts and had my Poppy plushie with me for the movie. No one was judgemental about it. It feels good, especially since you're there to have a good time. It wasn't like that in the past.

I think there was a Puyo Puyo game on N64 at some point in Japan. The one on the Genesis Mini 2 is Puyo Puyo Sun, and the N64 one seems to be that one and Puyo Puyo~n.

It definitely was fun playing Mario Kart with you, @TheJGG, @Tekoii, and @Snatcher.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Yo, how was your reception about Dodgeball Academia from Steam ?
Have you tried Kao the Kangaroo 2022 ?

Anti-Matter

Maxenmus

Random thought: why do people have to attack others for "crying" about things? I mean, if the person complaining about something is attacking someone or is being rude to another person, it's understandable if you call them out, but if they're just expressing their displeasure about something, say the discontinuation of the virtual console (not that I care about that stuff myself), then why do you have to mock them for "crying?" I don't think they deserve the mockery any more than people who feel sad or irritated about things they love not being there anymore. Just leave them alone.

I find it irritating whenever people say certain others are "crying" about stuff, as if they're trying to tell those people to suppress their negative emotions and stop feeling sad. It's such a toxic, alpha male thing to say, and it just sounds like highschool bullying to me. And even on NintendoLife's articles, you scroll down to the comments, there'll be one or two individuals who literally type "boo-hoo-hoo" in such a juvenile way. What are you, 7? Guess it makes sense, since Nintendo mainly caters to a younger audience.

I go to NL articles, or just gaming articles in general, and I just want to relax and have fun caring about games and unimportant stuff like that, but these people always take the fun out of it, reminding me how toxic people can be.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic