Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 62,861 to 62,880 of 63,092

Fizza

@Tyranexx Geez, does that movie bring back memories. I remember watching it when I was young and being absolutely, 100%.....bored to death by it. I loved Wallace and Gromit but for some reason I could never get into Chicken Run. However, I rewatched it about a year ago now and the minute the credits rolled I thought: 'Why the hell did I hate this? This is fantastic!' I've rewatched it a few more times since and my opinion since hasn't changed: Chicken Run is one of the best Aardman movies ever made and I was a fool for thinking otherwise back when I was young.

Currently Playing: Street Fighter Alpha 2
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'Am I a Renegade or a Roundup?' - my sister playing MK8 RR.
458/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Anti-Matter

I found this song being used for TikTok / Instagram as Meme, oftenly the small animals like hamster.

And I didn't realize there was the original version of Petit Poney, without speed up 200%.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ogo79

@NeonPizza actually i did just download slay the spire 5 minutes ago, i think im gonna give it a go...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

BruceCM

That was the 1st, @MarioLover92 ... I've seen them all & if you liked that one, maybe try the others? Chicken Run was great, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Kermit1

See everybody later I got to go fly on some air-planes.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

#TeamSlime

NeonPizza

@ogo79
Well at least you've got a nice fresh minty shrine of Skeleton toy Plastic to tide you over, Belmont bones and all.

I've said this before, but regaining even 10% of that late 80's/early 90's video game nostalgia by getting the real carts, consoles and something like a 90's 27" CRT Tube TV using an RF splitter isn't even possible. it's never the same. It's the closet you're going to get, and it's thee' best way to play these games period, along with sprinkling your retro game room with 80's decor and memorobilia hehe, but even then these games are no longer cutting edge or new. we're not kids anymore, and the people that were around us way back when are either gone, older or have passed. It was the perfect storm for better words.

But I'd still rather have some of it than nothing at all. To many, the carts & Consoles wind up being memory/nostalgia trophies. And to some that me be good enough, to others, That plastic just winds up taking up space and will never or rarely be played anyways. Some people will just walk into their game room, gaze apon their shiny shrine, just to take it all in with a swift wift, then walk out feeling content.

Long story short, I've been bit by the 8-16 bit bug again. I remember the last game i accidently left behind after selling my entire collection in my early 30's....was none other than, T&C Surf Design on the NES. Best box art ever.

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

NeonPizza

Does anybody else struggle with the thought of no after life on a near daily basis?
I used to be pretty spirital in my mid 20's, but ever since my earlier 30's i've unfortunately or furtunately(However way you look at it) have been thinking 'this is it' That perspective can make you truly cease the day, have a reason for getting out of bed and making the best of every minute you've been given, and realizing every day is a gift, just being here all together is a gift. But that perception can also go against you.

I'm basically in the middle. I refuse to believe it's lights out after this ride, but there's also no solid evidence that god, heaven or an afterlife exists. Nobody knows what happens after this life and that's that. hearing NDE stories gives me a bit of hope, if anything.

All I can say is, if we knew 100% that this is in fact the only life we have than i wouldn't even be able to sit down and watch a movie or TV show ever again, and i would bail out on Video games nearly all together, with the exception of Music which creates atmosphere & good vibes, along with some occasional VR & some 'light' nintendo.

Being at the beach, just anywhere tropical or beautiful and surrounding myself with loved ones, be it family or friends, taking in the rays, listening to some good music, soaking in that great atmosphere and whatever would totally be at the forefront, and starting my own family. Most of my hobbies would get thrown to the waste side. It's funny, my faith if anything, makes me slack and procrasinate like a mother trucker. ugh! I wish we had an answer.

Edited on by NeonPizza

Mioaionios

@NeonPizza
I'm a man of science, always have been, and I need solid proof before I believe anything out of the ordinary is true. Even as a child, I questioned my Catholic upbringing.

To me the Bible is nothing more than a work of fiction retold endlessly through the ages.
You know how the saying goes "repeat a lie enough times and people start to believe it"? Yeah... that's how I see religions. They are doctrines used in the Dark Ages to keep the people in check, make them fear, make them obey to the rules or else...

It baffles me that so many people still believe in this guff now that our science and technology has evolved so much.

Xenoblade Enthusiast

NeonPizza

@Mioaionios
And this is why i miss being a kid and seeing the world as one big magical playground. The days of believing in santa clause, being that clueless and niave, just having that level of 'through the roof' excitability, Nearly zero anxiety, stress, being able to pummel down junkfood and still go strong like the energizer bunny, plus not realizing the atrocities and horrors of the real world and you're constantly fuled with adventure and imagination. Even elementry school was great, Highschool on the otherhand in ways can be worse than working a mundane mindless 9-5 job mon to friday.

You get older and you realise things aren't what they seem obviously, the veil has been lifted. I try and block most of it out as much as i can, i rarely and i mean rarely ever tune in to the news or barely follow politics anymore. I surround myself with things that bring me joy and happyness, i usually dont like to absorb or intake the never ending slew of negative news that populates YoutTube & TV. I'm kind of big on Space & Alien news at the moment S Since UFO sightings and video footage have been stronger than ever in the past couple of years. Say what you want about God and heaven, but other life HAS to exist out there, when you factor in that there's over billions of other planets & Galaxies. It's a ridiculous notion, to think we're the only ones.

But back to the bible, it doesn't prove anything. Heck, you'd be better off reading Fantasy based Graphic novels. lol At least they're admitting that they're work of fiction and not brain washing the masses.

many christians are just afraid, afraid of none existence like the vast majority of people on earth. But hey, if believing in god makes you happier and allows you to get through the day better than not believeing in anything than more power to you. As long as you aren't causing harm to anybody else by being some rabbid religious and aggressive christian zealot that's out of their mind forcing their views and the bible on to everyone and everything.

Mioaionios

@NeonPizza
I pretty much agree with everything you said there.

About alien visitations though, I won't disregard the possibilty we've been visited completely, but I think it's unlikely given how vast the distances between the stars are and we've yet to find actual proof they're out there. But I'm sure we're not alone in the universe. With billions of galaxies holding billions of stars and planets each, there has to be other life out there somewhere.

Question is: is there a place somewhere that life evolved into intelligence capable of interstellar communications and travel but didn't destroy themselves in the process?
Maybe, but it'll be much rarer.

Xenoblade Enthusiast

Anti-Matter

@Mioaionios
I was thinking god was probably aliens in disguise.
Aliens can be in any form, it doesn't always the green Martian that being portrayed by us.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1

I'm a Christian. I made the decision myself to be one, my parents are Christians and I chose to be one they never forced me to be a Christian. Being a Christian does not mean hating g*y people, those people are humans too, everyone is a human besides frogs and dogs.

I don't believe in aliens or the supernatural. Even though I really enjoy Ghostbusters 2

Edited on by Kermit1

#TeamSlime

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Kermit1

Kermit1 wrote:

I'm a Christian. I made the decision myself to be one, my parents are Christians and I chose to be one they never forced me to be a Christian. Being a Christian does not mean hating g*y people, those people are humans too, everyone is a human besides frogs and dogs.

I don't believe in aliens or the supernatural. Even though I really enjoy Ghostbusters 2

You cannot force or fear people into becoming a Christian it's a choice you and you alone make. I've always hinted at on here that I was a Christian, and today I feel great in an airport gate waiting area finally telling people on a forum I love, who I am.

Edited on by Kermit1

#TeamSlime

Kermit1

@Anti-Matter what was that sailor moon clip you posted on here awhile ago?

#TeamSlime

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
I changed it into Petit Poney meme. 😆

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Anti-Matter

Btw, I found a very gorgeous looking jelly recipe from YouTube.
Bon appetit!
It looks too good to eat.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Anti-Matter

Woohoo...!!!
I have became number 1 Youtuber in Youtubers Life 2 PS4 this afternoon ! 😄
And also I have finished the storyline as well by getting Golden Drone. 😀
Untitled

Untitled

You still able to continue the game indefinitely as you want post game, there are still a lot of unfinished business to do after storyline.
After finishing the storyline, I got married with my handsome boy Robin, the boy next door (Also he was working next to my apartment at AFK Bar owner). 🤩
Untitled

Untitled

On the next post I will upload my Youtuber status and my spouse Robin.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Mioaionios

@Anti-Matter
Congratulations!
Maybe the next game you play will be more interesting for other folk here on the forums.

Xenoblade Enthusiast

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic