Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,961 to 61,980 of 96,515

Snatcher

@Kermit1 And I clicked on it, was not disappointed.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@blindsquarel I actually never watched this one, even tho I have seen most of the spider man cartoons, gotta give it a shot.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

blindsquirrel

@Snatcher
I’m not really the type of person to watch a lot of cartoons and I loved it. I think it is like 20 dollars per season on Amazon.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Oh gotcha, that's cool you got to play the Saturn at your cousin's house at least. Still wish I had a Dreamcast back in its heyday, at the very least!

Yeah I've seen that a lot lately, I just ignore those videos, move on, and just play whatever games I like. Or whatever else I feel like doing. Yeah exactly, name any franchise out there, and there's bound to be fans of it - that's cool you know Trolls fans IRL. Some of my real life friends like Nintendo games as well.

Yeah exactly, YouTubers also love to have all caps titles/words like your example. All too often, I would see titles where every word is in all caps, in addition to bashing the heck out of what the subject matter may be. It's why I like playing/watching stuff for myself, and form my own thoughts from that.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Maxenmus

blindsquarel wrote:

@Kermit1
Have you seen spectacular Spider-Man. It is, in my opinion, the best Spider-Man content out there regardless of movies, games and cartoons.

Spectacular was certainly well-made, having far better quips and storylines than the other animated series. That said, I still have a thing for the '90s animated series starring Christopher Daniel Barnes since that was not only part of my childhood, it introduced me to Spidey and made me an obsessed fanatic that went and read every single Spidey comic after that. lol Ah man, good times.

I love CDB as Spidey btw. He's a little gruff and mature for 616 Spidey, but he was excellent as Spider-Man Noir in Shattered Dimensions. He should've been cast as Noir in Into the Spider-Verse. I know everybody loves Nicolas Cage, but I'm one of the few minority who really didn't like Spider-Verse because of his flanderization of Noir, making him an overdramatic goof.

Edit:

Okay, Capcom, but where's Dino Crisis remake?

Also, the "Neo Dinos" got a chuckle out of me. Reminds me of Bryce Dallas Howard when she said "we need to up the wow factor with genetic modification," and Chris Pratt said, "They're dinosaurs, wow enough." And now the dinosaurs in the game got turned into generic magical monsters with little difference from other dark fantasy magical monsters. Wow indeed. Serious Sam 5 came early.

Edit 2:
The new "Sauron Eminem" meme is hilarious, regardless of what the actual quality of "Rings of Power" might be.

Edit 3:
It might not be Sauron though, apparently:

Edit 4:
The spacebar on my old keyboard had issues (something's stuck on the left side of it), so I bought a new one from Grab (it's a rideshare app in Singapore that acts like Uber, providing transportation, food delivery, and even home shopping). It's a rather cheap Morphus GX630 keyboard that cost only about $48 SGD. Takes a little getting used to since it's a new keyboard, but I'm liking the design so far:

Untitled

It apparently has an additional slot for you to place your phone anywhere in front of the keyboard, plus a headphones/mic audio jack, and four macro buttons. Not bad for $48.

I initially wanted to buy a keyboard with some cool design, like a Spider-Man design, or the Razer Mass Effect 3 design, but I couldn't find one available near me, so I just settled for this.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Anti-Matter

I don't want to say this, but...
MY SAVE FILE OF YOUTUBERS LIFE 2 PS4 WAS CORRUPTED!!! 😭😭😭
I have been working so hard to get Diamond league Youtubers, accumulated more than 1M subscribers, got married with my boy Robin, then during saving the progress I found the saving process was stuck so I tried to quit from PS4 menu and closed the application.
Usually I can load again my latest save data after quit without saving if I found that bug, but I found my save data was corrupted and I have to start from scratch again. 🥺😭

But I still have Switch version with current time in Spring, still working on getting Bronze league Youtubers. Well, I can continue both Switch & PS4 version like I have ever played before but the pain from finishing the Aaron mission to get NT code was really painful. 😫

Anti-Matter

Maxenmus
I loved the original Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise film. I know the author hated it, but I feel like an author's views shouldn't dictate the audience's enjoyment. If I had read the books, perhaps I might think differently, but alas.

I wasn't that bothered by this trailer though. I thought it looked fine, regardless of the supposed "change in time period" from the books. It doesn't get me hyped through the roof, but it looks fine. The comment section obviously doesn't agree, comparing it to the likes of Rings of Power. lol And the video has 1.6k dislikes with only 515 likes.

I don't know. I might watch it if I have the time, which is almost never nowadays with so many things coming out.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Sunsy

@Kermit1 More or less I was thinking how knowledgeable you are with muppets is similar to me with Trolls. Never thought about comparing the two.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I just can't remember which game. Sonic Spinball at my cousins stands out the most to me because he had Genesis too, but I want to say Virtua Fighter for Saturn. Got Dreamcast because of the then new Sonic Adventure, got into Sega's other games from that.

Indeed. Yeah, my friend who I watch anime with likes Trolls. In fact, when I started hanging out with him, he asked me if I wanted to see Trolls World Tour when it comes out in theaters, well before he knew how big of a fan I was. I got into Trolls because of the first movie, then I watched the first holiday special, Trolls Holiday (the old one, the new one is Holiday In Harmony) and watched Trolls The Beat Goes On on Netflix. I go into detail answering @Kermit1's question. My friend didn't know I was into it before we met.

Honestly, it makes the theater trip to see Trolls World Tour more special as it was something we both wanted to do originally. We're going to see Trolls World Tour again as another local theater is showing it at the end of August. He decided on that himself. You have to remember, Trolls World Tour was the big movie that was suppose to come out before it skipped theaters last second, so it's a big deal if it shows up in one, even if it's part of a summer movie event.

Definitely, it also feels like something some do to get a rise out of people who like said thing. It would be like calling Super Mario Bros. the worst game ever, you know many fans would get annoyed at that and click (I love SMB, but using it as an example). I've learned to stop watching Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, and Sonic 1 GBA videos. Not so much I don't agree, I found enjoyment out of Boom and the GBA port despite their problems, but it feels like the same talking points are repeated over and over. I have more fun watching a speed runs and tricks for those games, than people reviewing them.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BruceCM

Can't say I'd heard about her hating that film, @Maxenmus & certainly haven't read the book to compare properly... Liked the film a lot but I might well try to catch the upcoming version sometime, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

Mountain trip I mentioned is coming up soon, we’re flying today and starting tomorrow. Never liked waking up at 4am to catch a flight but what can you do? So if I don’t respond in a timely fashion it’s absolutely nothing personal. I may be busy!

Pre-loaded XC3 in the meantime though, seeing all three games side by side on the Switch truly is something.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy Oh, okay. I think it's cool we are both very knowledgeable about Muppets and the other Trolls.

It's good that the Trolls franchise has its feet on good ground while the Muppets are (kinda) running around head-less.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

I got a oshawott plush today. Plus a great deal on Skyward Sword and the Loftwing amiibo
Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

Snatcher

I’m thinking about making a thread where we can post a Pokémon list, where we can rank every Pokémon, just don’t think it really needs it’s on thread, what do you guys think?

Snatcher

@Kermit1 Yeah I think I am, as theres no specific Pokémon thread ai could post it on, as it’s every Pokémon.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic