Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,941 to 61,960 of 96,531

Kermit1doesmath

@Snatcher decided I'd friend those 2 and I'll change my friend code to my ACNH dream code.

dysgraphia awareness human

Snatcher

@Kermit1 You can change your friend code? First time I’m hearing this.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Good deal, I’m just glad I remembered. I am, to say the least, a very forgetful person.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Kermit1doesmath

@Snatcher I mean on NintendoLife........ Imagine having the Konami code as your friend code lol

Snatcher

@Kermit1 Ah that’s what you mean! Better yet a Rick roll link Lmao!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Definitely, try being a Sonic fan. Sonic games tend to get a lot of videos bashing the series. It got to a point where I don't even watch them anymore.

I first discovered Trolls shortly after its DVD release in early 2017. I just fell in love with the movie. The cute characters, especially Poppy, the colorful and creative world, the story about finding happiness, all the music (actually, that Justin Timberlake song, Can't Stop The Feeling, is my ringtone), and it made me feel good. Especially since, for a personal reason, 2016 was a very hard year for me, it cheered me up. Also, it was beautifully animated, really nice to look at. The arts and craft themed world of the Trolls was cute and colorful.

Actual spoilers, in event someone wants to watch the first Trolls...
Some of my favorite moments includes the story of the two Bergens, Bridget and King Gristle. The whole "Get Back Up Again" scene, which featured a yarn snake similar to something out of a Yoshi game. Then there was the True Colors moment, which ended up making me cry both happy and sad tears. You have to remember, Poppy looked to the bright side of everything, so seeing her become greyer than Branch, and lose hope was really sad, but Branch singing, helped her get her color back as well as Branch's color back. It's really heartwarming.

Later that year, I watched the first Trolls Holiday on DVD, and got treated to the Netflix cartoon, Trolls: The Beat Goes On. An actual 2D animated cartoon, that did a good job translating the 3D world to traditional animation. Also, it went into other characters beyond Poppy and Branch. The cartoon series actually helped build upon the world the movie and characters introduced. You learn Smidge has a berserk button, and can go crazy. You learn DJ Suki is a fun character who's out there (and loves sandwiches). It goes into Bridget and Gristle more, and so on. They even added original songs to the cartoon, all sounds just as good as most of the cover songs did in the movie.

Then World Tour happened which introduced other kinds of Trolls, and another adventure, which in turn made a second cartoon called TrollsTopia.

There's a lot to it beyond the two movies. Don't get me started on the excellent Trolls: Holiday in Harmony special, that's possibly the best fan service I ever watched. Every little nod to the series, both movie and cartoons, made its way into that special, and it further develops Poppy and Branch's relationship.

That's why I love it so much, there's a lot more to it than just the two movies. Also, Poppy and the movies became a major comfort for me. Especially in recent years with all that was going on.

I'm glad you got to see Trolls on the big screen. Sadly Trolls World Tour did skip theaters, but I'm thankful I got to see it recently as part of a local theater's summer showing recently, and I'm going to see it again at the end of August. Looking forward to reliving the movie on the big screen again. The arts and craft themed world looked beautiful on the big screen, all the little details I missed watching the initial home premiere in 2020, looked great on the big screen.

Hope this is a good answer. See, I can go on and on about it. It's more than just two movies, it's an entire series. Seriously, if you like the movie, give the cartoons a look, it goes in more with the characters than the two movies ever could. Or even the two holiday specials.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy I only watch AntDude for sonic he's awesome! I can't believe I guessed that song was your ringtone! I saw Trolls World Tour the first day it was out on VOD I enjoyed it a little more mainly The scene with the jazz troll on the boat had me in tears, because I had a dream like that once

2016 was a hard year for me too, my Dad was in and out hospitals and I went to summer camp and at summer camp my anxiety was at an all time high same as my, social anxiety and major shyness. Plus at camp I got bullyed and kicked on the knee. It hurt. But I lived to tell another tale.

10/10 answer by you btw!

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Heard of him, there's still a few Sonic YouTubers that don't clickbait or rip into the series for easy views.

Same here, with my friend... albeit over voice chat and syncing time to the movie (we were originally going to see it in theaters... which makes the recent theater trip more special, it something he planned when we started hanging out and it finally happened two years later). That's awesome, lol. Similarly my friend and I watched Trolls 1 the night before (again, voice chat), and he jokingly said maybe Troll sushi for the Bergens... then Poppy and Branch become sushi in the jazz scene.

TrollsTopia spoiler
Chaz the smooth Jazz troll comes back in an episode of TrollsTopia, putting Poppy and Val (a new Troll for the cartoon) under his spell. The one who saved them was the kid troll (the one who says "staring at your parents," his name is Keith because why not) from the beginning of the first movie because smooth jazz doesn't affect children, lol. I'm not kidding, the cartoons are fun.

Aww, that's sad. Sorry to hear. For me, it was a hard year because long story short my mother ended up losing the house we lived in. Combined with anxiety and a fear of being homeless, I was scared a lot. Thankfully we stayed in the house until we moved, but seeing Trolls helped cheer me up and escape it. Since moving, things looked up since. Poppy and her adventures are a massive comfort for me, and I just love this series in general.

Thank you! If you like the movies, give the two holiday specials a look. Trolls Holiday and Holiday In Harmony, they're both excellent IMHO. Had on Trolls Holiday earlier. I'm trying to avoid re-watching Trolls World Tour, so this way seeing it again at the end of August feels fresh. The ticket stub does sit in the Blu-Ray case.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy my theatre does not have "real tickets" anymore, you got to print them all yourself. I might check out those Trolls shows I just watched a trailer for one of them and I enjoyed it.

Sunsy

@Kermit1 The one my friend and I went to was old fashioned. The local AMC uses a QR code, but the one that showed Trolls, my friend had to present his phone, they looked up the order number, and printed the tickets. This is one ticket, I'm keeping forever.

Because it was a mom and pop theater, it had fresher popcorn than the big AMC theater. Watching Thor with stale popcorn, lol. The theater we saw Trolls World Tour in was very nice, and they still showed recent movies. As we left, the Thor posters went up as that night was Thor's premiere. It was part of their summer series of movies, which included Trolls World Tour, Sing, Shrek, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, and Hotel Transylvania. Each movie had two showings for a week, one week was Trolls, one was Sing, etc.

Cool, was it Beat Goes On or TrollsTopia? This is the recent holiday special. It's on Hulu and DVD, so the times are outdated. Personally, I liked it more than what NBC did the year before. The Minions Holiday special was fun, but they repackaged Illumination mini-movies. DreamWorks on the other hand, they made something new to their series.

Best fan service I ever watched. They even go as far as saying "Broppy" which is the fandom term for Poppy and Branch. Like they know their fans, lol

Edited on by Sunsy

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy I think it was Trollstopia, I watched the trailer then watched an episode of Seinfeld so my mind is kinda Seinfeld right now.

Everything I read now sounds like George from Seinfeld (send help lol)

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Cool, that's the cartoon series that takes place after Trolls World Tour. Going back to the fan service part of Holiday In Harmony, the rock troll Val, and the country troll Holly make an appearance in the special, marking the first time 2D characters was made into 3D.

See, like you and Muppets, I can just go on about Trolls. There's more to it than just the movies.

Hope had fun watching Seinfeld afterwards.

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy Yea, quite a bit in common with the Muppets.

Recently I've been binge-ing Seinfeld. I think when I get back to Canada I will do The Office, I'd love to watch more animation and with Avenger: Secret Wars (my favourite comic story ever) finally happening I really am tempted to watch the 90s (I think) Spiderman cartoon again just for those episodes alone.

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Have you seen spectacular Spider-Man. It is, in my opinion, the best Spider-Man content out there regardless of movies, games and cartoons.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic