Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,981 to 62,000 of 96,481

WoomyNNYes

TheJGG wrote:

Mountain trip I mentioned is coming up soon, we’re flying today and starting tomorrow. Never liked waking up at 4am to catch a flight but what can you do? So if I don’t respond in a timely fashion it’s absolutely nothing personal. I may be busy!

Have a good trip, @TheJGG!

Man, saturday, when I did my eight hour drive back home, I struggled to keep my butt from falling asleep. I kept trying to sit kind of sideways in the drivers seat to deal with it. 🤣Got out at four or five hours, and my butt was tingling. Hate that! XD I like the drive otherwise. Good scenery, music, and podcasts.

Oh yeah... I've never seen a boat on a trailer lose a wheel, but on the drive to the beach, I saw two separate boats stuck on the side of the road where the trailer had lost a wheel. So, wild. 😆

@Anti-Matter Ahh, corrupted save files are the worst. Sorry to hear, man.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

Another great story, our flight’s at 8am, so we had to wake up at 4am. We stayed up until 11pm last night watching The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. It was so good (the ending nearly moved me to tears) that we put on Fellowship of the Ring right after. Watched an hour of it then I had to remind everyone we had a flight to catch. I could have stayed up all night watching them.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Have an awesome trip! No issues from me if you take a bit of an internet break while gone. I did watch the first couple of minutes of your video! You have a pretty clear voice; either you have a decent mic, or you spent a lot of time cleaning up the sound.

@MarioLover92 Yep, Vah Darunia is the one on Death Mountain. That area of the map was no problem once I had the proper equipment, but getting there was a suicide mission. XD

Hah....If only I could get my mom gaming again! She had a brief stint where she enjoyed the Just Dance series, but that all came to an end when she twinged her knee. We also got her to play Wii Sports a couple of times too, but not for very long. My dad isn't into gaming at all. My siblings used to game a little but have scaled back to freemium mobile time wasters these days (My brother truly is busy, so I don't blame him). No other Switch users. The N64 games on NSO are a plus for me, but I don't have any nostalgia for Genesis titles outside of 3-4 games easily played elsewhere.

Ironically I do know some of the shortcuts in MK8D, but it had been awhile since I'd played and I either kept missing them or forgot lol. I didn't know that bit about outrunning the Blue Shell explosion! I don't even know how to watch for them TBH. I do know you can hoard green and red shells and shift them behind your vehicle to block less dangerous shells though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

@TheJGG Sounds like a great time to me! I haven't been on a flight since he who shall not be named started so I envy you immensely (though I am planning to go to an Arsenal match before the year is out. Hopefully at least). Whilst I'm here, you seem like the perfect person to ask about this: as someone who's never watched a single LOTR movie in their entire life, which one would you recommend to start with? I've heard great things about it but have never known where to start. I assume you'll be off by the time you read this though so whenever you get back you could let me know if you want to. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great flight!

Also, can't believe I forgot to ask this, but do you mind me asking where you're headed anyway?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@TheJGG Have a good and safe trip!

@Kermit1 Indeed, it's cool when you like something enough to know a lot about it.

Yeah, I'd say it's the best kept secret about Trolls. My friend keeps meeting people at his job who seen the two Trolls movies and not the two holiday specials or the two shows. It's just nice since they add world building and character development to not just Poppy and Branch, but the other characters shown in the movies too.

The Beat Goes On spoilers (keeping cartoon stuff in spoilers in case you want to check it out)...
Creek returns in the cartoon series, and behind closed doors Poppy loses her cool when he returns. If you stuck with just the movies, you'd think he's still be eaten with Chef.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@Fizza I realize you weren't asking me (hope you had a nice trip BTW!), but if we're just referring to the original Lord of the Rings trilogy, it's imperative that you watch them in order since they're part of the same long epic. It goes: The Fellowship of the Ring > The Two Towers > The Return of the King. Overall, they're pretty faithful to the books as far as Hollywood goes, though there are a few changes (some for the better IMO).

If you're also considering the Hobbit trilogy, those are better watched first. I haven't seen these movies but have read the book. I've heard they take a few more liberties and aren't as faithful, but are still good watches.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Fizza

@Tyranexx Ah, gotcha, I'll see if I can find a running of them on a film channel and record it for later since I'm pretty sure it's not on either Netflix or especially Disney+. Just one little question: in regards to the Hobbit Trilogy, when you say 'better watched first', do you mean to watch the first one, watch that trilogy before watching LOTR or both? Sorry if it's pretty obvious, I just overthink the hell out of things sometimes XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@Fizza No prob, I could've been clearer lol. If you want to watch them all, The Hobbit trilogy (An Unexpected Journey > The Desolation of Smaug > The Battle of the Five Armies) is where you should start since those events happened many years before the Lord of the Rings trilogy; the main protagonist in The Hobbit, Bilbo, features to a lesser extent in LotR. It's perfectly fine if you want to dive in directly into LotR since, release-wise, those films did come first.

Edited on by Tyranexx

WoomyNNYes

Link-Hero wrote:

@WoomyNNYes
And that is why they have those rest stops on highways, for restroom breaks and to prevent straining your body from the lack of movement.

Ok, I'm learning. Tell me more. XD - jk. Yeah, I wasn't tired, and I just wanted to get the drive over with.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Kermit1doesmath

@Tyranexx The Hobbit trilogy should have been one film. I really want to make a 3 hour edit of The Hobbit films but I got no clue how to burn movies.

Mainly I'm taking inspiration from the fella that did that Obi-Wan show film edit.

dysgraphia awareness human

Snatcher

@TheJGG Having a great time!

As for the movies, to tell you the truth, ai never really gave any of them a shot till this month, I wpactually sat through, and watched the first movie, man was I missing out!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I still have the save data of Youtubers Life 2 on Switch.
Still become novice Youtubers on Spring season year 1.
But the control with Joy Cons analog was pretty wonky than the PS4 version.
Not to mention the Switch version have unstable fps on almost every places than PS4 version (only got 30 fps during stormy weather).
I have to play again from beginning. 🥺
It was hurting my feeling as I have spend almost 2 weeks playing Youtubers Life 2 PS4 since I got the game from 14 July 2022.
The game have issue in saving process as I can only save the game when you sleep on the bed, just like old style Harvest Moon games.
During the saving process, I have ever encountered with lock saving screen.
That was the thing I really afraid of since it has potential to corrupt my save data.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Kermit1 From what I do know, Hollywood took some liberties with The Hobbit Trilogy and also added in some extra stuff that's considered canon but didn't expressly happen in that book. There was a lot of information, but I still think two films tops should've been the limit IMO.

Kermit1doesmath

@Tyranexx Yea, I've only read The Hobbit and seen the LOTR films (I really need to read those books)

I'd say they could have done it in two films if you could end the first film on a good note. In the book it's kinda hard to split it in two without messing up the pacing of it all.

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Thanks for checking it out! Hopefully one day you can see the whole thing, but we have a big event ahead of us. Now I’ve made one video (which admittedly took a lot of time) I have lots of ideas for new ones! I won’t be able to do anything for the next two weeks though. Blessing in disguise really. As for the audio… I’m surprised you thought it was that good. I used my iPhone to record it, and used iMovie’s audio clean up feature. But it worked and you heard me, so it’s a useful tool!

@Fizza Thanks man, greatly appreciate it! We’re off to a city in Borneo, in Malaysia. We’ll be hiking up a 4000m mountain, doing jungle hikes and going to islands.

But as for watching what in which order, I’d strongly recommend watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy first in the order @Tyranexx listed. Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers, then Return of the King. It will be one of the most rewarding movies you will ever see. Yes, they’re three hours each. RotK is 3:20 actually. But if anything they go by very fast. They truly earn their runtime. After you finish them you can watch The Hobbit. Let’s hear how it goes!

@Snatcher Thank you, and yes. You did! But hey, better late than never. You now have the rest of your life to look back and appreciate just how brilliant the trilogy is! Do see Return of the King, especially, the last hour of that film is just amazing.

@Sunsy Much appreciated!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Maxenmus

Annnd here comes the mods for Stray:

That's why I love the PC version sometimes. You get to do fun things like this.

I'll probably grab the game when it's on sale though since it's only five hours long.

On a real life note, I hate my sinuses. I'm so sick of waking up to blocked nose every morning. It makes me feel uncomfortable and kinda makes me not want to perform the daily routine of buying takeouts for breakfast from the food court downstairs and just order myself some McDonald's instead. If only it's not so expensive, I could order McD's everyday. lol

Also, timezones suck, and I feel like whenever I come on in NintendoLife, most people are probably offline because they're living on the other side of the world from Singapore. lol Are there even any Singaporeans here?

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@HotGoomba Hmm a clue...

HotGoomba wrote:

🗿

Easter Island has nearly 1,000 statues and they all weigh around 80 tons. To this day they still are an enigma. Like you, but I think I'm getting close to who you really are...

Ọ bụrụ na ihe oyiyi agwaetiti Eastern bụ ihe mgbagwoju anya, egwuregwu mgbagwoju anya gị bụkwa ihe mgbagwoju anya, a na m abịakwute gị.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic