Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,881 to 60,900 of 96,503

Fizza

@Kermit1 Mine's been ready for a LONG while. If they were to do an AA announcement though, it would be a crime not to have another trilogy for the sequels so that we could get caught up before a brand new entry.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

ChameleonBros

@Fizza Random side note: Meltan reminds me so much of the aliens from the DS game Meteos. I really wish that game got a rerelease/remaster with online, it was so fun.

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

Tyranexx

A chaotic and unseasonably hot Monday. In fact, it's supposed to be crazy hot for the next week at least with heat indices into the 100-110s (F). While temps like this aren't unheard of for my neck of the woods, it's unusual this early in the summer.

@Sunsy Thank you. It's been a crazy week, but I'm gradually bouncing back.

@MarioLover92 Oh yes, there's a ton of material out there, in official, Kickstarter, and homebrew settings. We're following the fifth edition (5e) rules outside of the house ones. There are so many companion books for about every general topic you can imagine. As for Clue, it's a fun game and (usually) doesn't take nearly as long as some games like Monopoly.

The eShop closures make me really happy that I shared my account balances across the three systems (or my Nintendo account) years ago for simplicity. I love the RPG and combat elements from the Battle Network and Star Force series, and I suspect I'd like Legends as well.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Tactics Ogre Reborn has been spotted on PSN ... There's a few fans of that series around here, right?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Yeah, I missed out on the PSP remake of the original & only played Knights of Lodis, @NintendoByNature .... But this is, apparently, a remastered version of that, so I certainly hope it's coming to Steam! I don't think it'd be worth Sony having timed exclusivity for it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Good to know. Ah yeah I do remember that a typical round of Monopoly can take a long while. Definitely agreed on the eShop balance...that's gonna make it much easier to get the games I want after they take away the option to add funds from eShop cards (on 3DS and Wii U, anyway).

Yeah me too, the Battle Network games are quite unique compared to your typical RPG - I like the action-based battle system and how you'd get battle chips as you progress. I wasn't too huge into Star Force when I first played it, but I would definitely be willing to give the SF games another shot, should they make them as part of a potential BN collection. I played a good chunk of the first Mega Man Legends a long time ago, and I now have them from the PSN store - I should play more of them sometime.

Jeez! That hot, huh? The temperature's been quite high over here too, though it seems to be coming back to normal in my area now. I think the highest we've got was around 90 degrees.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 The eShops no longer accepting credit card payments didn't bother me since, as a precaution, I've always used the prepaid eShop cards anyway for security reasons.

I really enjoy the combination turn-based and action RPG combat in the BN titles. I will admit that Star Force is a bit weaker in that regard, but I still got plenty of enjoyment out of those titles. Especially the third pair of entries due to the Noise mechanics. I'm still mildly salty that there was never a Battle Network 7 and up though lol. I know there aren't many games in the Legends series - just two I believe? - and am still sorry that Legends 3 was canceled....

Temps will be quite high for some time, though they'll stabilize a bit this coming weekend before spiking again....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

I can't believe it took me this long for it to click in my mind that Street Fighter 2 (a game I've never played before) is free to download..... on a game (Capcom Arcade Stadium) which itself is free to download.

I'm going to sleep right now but rest assured if it's still there tomorrow (and it would be EXTREMELY scummy to get rid of it less than 2 days after announcing it), I am buying into it instantly.

Just gonna ask as well this whilst I'm here: do you need an internet connection to play CAS? I've had that kind of thing happen with DOOM 1994 and was wondering if this is a similar deal to it. Also, is Vega in this version of SF2? He's the character I would like to play the most but if I remember correctly, he's not playable in this version of the 2 right? I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.....

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Marioman2023

@Kermit1
For some reason, I thought you meant NL Friend. I obviously have no Idea how to UI works. Sorry, I'm just the stupidest person ever put on God's Green Earth

Bisexual disaster
he/him

Kermit1doesmath

Why is @jump's pfp showing on the thread board, but theres no comment?

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@Link-Hero You know the list on the main NintendoLife page that forum list or whatever you call it. I was looking at it and clicked one @jump pfp was on, oddly I saw no comment from them or anyone in that time frame the comment could have been posted (45min ago was the time said). So maybe it's a glitch or maybe he did block me, idk right now

edit I saw 2 posts from @jump on the main list thingy, but I forgot the other ones time

edit if I did get blocked my fears are coming true that some think I'm annoying

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1 wrote:

@Link-Hero You know the list on the main NintendoLife page that forum list or whatever you call it. I was looking at it and clicked one @jump pfp was on, oddly I saw no comment from them or anyone in that time frame the comment could have been posted (45min ago was the time said). So maybe it's a glitch or maybe he did block me, idk right now

edit I saw 2 posts from @jump on the main list thingy, but I forgot the other ones time

edit if I did get blocked my fears are coming true that some think I'm annoying

I can't see any posts from @jump now, I got blocked

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel I feel fine now, I just needed to tell my brain to sit down and chill. not a big deal #TeamSlime

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic