Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,841 to 60,860 of 96,530

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Well, even I have interest with certain Disney things, but I still prefer my own design for my 3DS (card case and machine) as peoples can see my Chibi Boxer design when I bring my 3DS machines outside. It was also part of my promotional things.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Oh, I haven't mention this.
Yesterday I felt really heartbroken to found one of game arcade at Marvell City Mall Surabaya has been closed since early 2022 and one more DDR machine has been removed. It was DDR X, one of my favorite DDR machine. 🥺😖 💔
Currently I can only play one DDR machine at the furthest Mall I can visit, Pakuwon Trade Center Surabaya to play DDR MAX 2 Arcade. And that was the oldest DDR machine which still available in my hometown for 16 years (the machine itself already 20 years old).
I desperately asked one of game center in my hometown to able getting newest DDR machine as possible as the game arcade at other places (Jakarta, Bandung) already got the newest DDR machine but Surabaya (my hometown) still never got one. I don't want the population of DDR machines in my hometown got extinct.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Replies only. I've dialed back my internet use over the last couple of days/this weekend. My uncle's visitation was Thursday evening. The funeral was yesterday. This is also one of those weekends where I gotta do a lot of stuff around the house/property since I haven't been home much.

@MarioLover92 Very hard. The last couple of days were definitely tough emotionally.

Yep, the spinning ones don't do me in, a little of them just goes a LONG way. XD In terms of tabletop games, I have had a little exposure to a couple of World of Darkness settings (specifically Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse), but I've never played any of them IRL. I do enjoy board games too; my favorites are The Game of Life and Clue.

@TheJGG No worries; I completely understand being very busy offline. Thank you very much; it's been tough, and I and my family are grieving. My brother is normally the stoic sort, and even he's been having a difficult time. The last few days have been quite rough. But I will keep moving forward. There was a lot of support from local family, out-of-town family and friends, and his (and my) home community. Funerals are both terrible and beautiful things, at least in my life outlook.

Best wishes to your granddad. I hope he's able to enter remission, or at least that the cancer stays contained. Chemo takes a lot out of a person. Cancer is a horrible illness in all its forms.

@tekoii Ecstatic? If there's a Battle Network announcement, I'll be lobbing money at my screen! Same with Legends.

As for the XC3 SE fiasco...Yeah. Not sure if you happened to see my comments under the related articles here, not to mention the forum thread, but that situation was a clustertruck through and through. I definitely cranked up the metal in my car on my way home from work.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

@Tyranexx I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I wish you the best during this understandably rough period!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx No problem at all, condolence is the least I, and we, can offer at this point. Glad you can take comfort in our wishes. The best thing to do, you’re doing though, so don’t feel guilty for trying to move forward. It’s clear, though, that at the very least he will be missed, and that is by far a positive. I dread the day I have to get tested on this too.

Rest in peace to Billy Kametz too, he died from colon cancer a few days ago, at just 35. He was enlightening as Maruki in Persona 5… it’s a shame he was taken this soon. He is, and always will be Ferdinand von Aegir.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I’m sorry to hear that, I wish the absolute best.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter, @Kermit1, @Fizza, @Snatcher, @TheJGG Thank you for all the well wishes! It was a shock, but with time I'll recover emotionally. It's been many years - well over a decade - since I've lost a family member this close.

@TheJGG He'll definitely be missed, judging by the turnout over the last couple of days. He and my aunt's family is also sorta large. They married young, and his oldest married young, and HIS two kids both married young. Altogether, my uncle had three children, five grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren. He was ten years my dad's senior, and I have an aunt sandwiched between them. I really feel for my grandma though; she's 94, which is a ripe old age, and in some ways a blessing. Other times, like this...not so much.

I admit I had to look up Billy Kametz. Such a shame, and also surprising. I didn't think colon cancer often surfaced in anyone that young. He wasn't much older than I am, though he was blessed to experience a little bit of the 80s.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kermit1doesmath

Today I found out I share a birthday with Charles Dickens... and Chris Rock

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

Hallo, Freund

wie ist mein deutsch

Hello, Friend

hows my German

here's that phrase in Canadian

Ay, Bai

how's meh German eh

So, sorry my fellow Canadians

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
Okay, we can continue the gaming discussions here.

Since I still single, living with my Mom, my auntie and my siblings, I have freedom to pursue my gaming hobby so I could afford purchasing a lot of game consoles since my siblings have similar hobbies too (playing PC / mobile games, collecting action figures or Gundam figures).
Every game consoles I bought have their signature games that I like to play, for example DDR games from PS2 + PS1 + Wii + XBOX + XBOX 360, Kinect games from XBOX 360, Casual motion play games from Wii and Wii U, Home builder games (Portal Knights, Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2, The Sims 4) from PS4, etc. And of course I have a lot of backlogs too.
Later, I will add PS5 games in my collection next month despite I still haven't the machine yet. Buy the games first, machine later.

I personally like games with open ending (The Sims, ACNH, Story of Seasons, etc) as I can continue the games anytime like daily activities or doing homework. Even those games still have objective to clear before you can continue the games as long as you want. It was clearing the missions then get some celebration and you can continue the games indefinitely.
I knew I will never clicked with BOTW and every Zelda games as I have no interest with something being too mainstream or too popular + at the same time my brain registered something like that as uninteresting things, from geometric shapes, color tones, storyline concepts, popularity, trivial things, etc. They don't even match with my brain. When I played BOTW I was thinking what the heck with that game. I get lost , died quickly and being clueless, then I got uninterested quickly and thinking about other games that have more appeal than BOTW.

About physical media, here is one thing.
As I like both disc and cartridge media, Switch was the "worst" in term of box retail design as it has red color on their spines with generic fonts. Looked boring compared with PS4 / PS5 retail box design with blue case and colorful spines. NDS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U, PS4 and PS5 games have the Best retail box design while Switch, PS3 old cover and Gamecube Japan version have the worst retail box design in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

blindsquirrel

So weird question, but will a Wii U run off of one of those car outlets? I don’t want to ruin anything due to there not being enough power, but it is just a strange thought I had.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's cool it's on PC - I might get it at some point, but I just have so many games right now, lol. I could post pics of my Rosalina plush and my Anna figure if you want.

That's all cool. Oh you know what, I do have a tin container that's a question block. That came with the Mario jigsaw puzzle that I did. (I do want to get that framed.) There's another one that's of Mario's face, that's on display in my game room.

That's all very nice - Anna's easily my favorite character in Frozen. That Anna figure of mine came in a large box, so it's been out of its packaging. I've seen quite a few of those Disney Showcase figures and I could tell that they put a ton of love and care into them.

@Tyranexx Aw...I could definitely imagine. Really sorry to hear. Wishing the best for you.

It's all right. Kinda like how that one coaster didn't exactly sit well with me because of how surprisingly fast it was, lol. Ah OK, gotcha - have you thought of giving World of Darkness a shot? If I ever do try out D&D for the first time, it would be quite an interesting experience for sure. Yeah, board games make for a good time too. I've played The Game of Life, but not Clue. Also, not a board game, but my family and I loved playing Uno back in the day.

Shifting gears just a bit to the blue bomber, I'd love collections for Battle Network and Legends as well. I have all the Mega Man collections on my Switch, the ones that are out right now anyway. Plus Mega Man 11. Kinda wondering if I should get the MMBN games on the Wii U VC or wait for a collection to come out, though...wonder what option do you think I should go for?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
I bought a lot of different games from different machines to be played as well, not just being decorative items.

I never like something too mainstream as I always feel different and never like to get into the mainstreamness from a lot of peoples. If I describe myself, I was the odd one from same group of peoples. A lot of peoples said to me that I will miss a lot of things by not playing certain mainstream games like Kirby or Zelda or something else. I'm fine to miss them like I will not even bothering them, why should I care with something that clearly zero interest for me?
I will not play any Zelda games, even the cartoonish one, not interested at all with Zelda franchise from the character design, gameplay, music, popularity, everything and I don't need to play those games just to get a recognition from other peoples (why should I?) as other games even the unpopular games have better appeal for me.
If I have to force myself playing the games that clearly have zero interest, I will throw away the games as my brain and body will immediately refuse to continue playing. I will felt really upset for being forced liking of something I do not like at all.

Also, I'm different kind of gamer that get shaped from unique PS1 & PS2 games during my teenhood and college age and that shaped me as DDR gamer since my biggest interest of all are DDR games and other BEMANI games.
I grew up by a lot of obscure things and totally different from mainstream peoples and you can see my gaming choices are always completely different from other users here. Peoples here will not playing DDR but me, peoples here will not playing K-1 but me, peoples here will not playing Epic Chef but me, peoples here will not playing Youtubers Life 2 but me, peoples here will not playing girlie fashion games but me, etc.
I oftenly have clash with mainstream games I have like Sonic Generations PS3, Sonic Lost World 3DS, as I found I was unable to play games with gameplay design very high speed and quick response. Definitely not type of games for me. The graphics looked cute but the gameplay was too hard for me and didn't feel fun for me. And this is happened when I forced myself for liking mainstream games, I felt disappointed after that.

About Kirby games, Kirby Forgotten Island was the first Kirby game that got my little attention after trying the demo version but if I compared by similar games like Skylanders games, I still have more impression from Skylanders games. I'm not sure want to pick Kirby Forgotten Island and even if I pick the game someday, I might not have very great impression as I have different degree of impression for certain things. I might finish the game and didn't feel really impressed (just so so) after that.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

Play games you like. Don’t be a wahrio

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MarioVillager92

@korosanbo He plays Animal Crossing: New Horizons as well, and that game is mega popular. Last I knew, it was the second best-selling Switch game of all time, first being Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. So yeah, I'm definitely with you and @1UP_MARIO - I just play games that I legitimately enjoy, regardless of whether or not they're mainstream.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Kermit1doesmath

I love pretty much all Switch games I play, the ones I don't enjoy are not bad games

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

1UP_MARIO

@MarioLover92 spot on plus Marios number 1

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic