Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,821 to 60,840 of 96,481

BruceCM

Sounds like a keyboard set-up problem, @Kermit1 .... Like said above, so if it happens again, that's where to check

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Fizza

So I found a website that takes your online username and makes a short music jingle from it (here it is in case anyone's interested: https://aidn.jp/jingle/). Mine is a Paper Mario boss theme apparently.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza Oh, my username rolls off the toungue awkwardly. I'll give that link a try.
(one minute later)
.... funny, if you type "holy sh_t" into it, it makes a very mario-bros-like song. XD You know what letter belongs in the underscore.

edit: I guess a lot of things will yield mario-like tunes. Still cool, though. This is very fun putting all sorts of silly, childish, inappropriate things in there, and get some really jaunty tunes. ttps://aidn.jp/jingle/

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Sunsy

Late replies, haven't been too good the past few days, lost my voice. It is coming back though, so doing a lot better. Also, playing some PC games between two classics Strike Commander and Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, and The Anacrusis is having a free weekend. The latter is basically Left 4 Dead, but with aliens.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Yeah! That Sega CD model 2 startup is quite chill too. That's cool you knew someone who had it - I think I mentioned this before, but my uncle had a Sega Saturn back in the day. I'm curious, what games do you remember playing on the Sega Channel? I do remember there were a few exclusive games on it, namely Mega Man: The Wily Wars and Pulseman. (Fun fact: the latter was made by Game Freak.)

Ah yeah, speaking of Pokemon stickers, my younger brother plastered our original DS with them, lol. The one that's platinum and came with the Metroid Prime Hunters demo. That's cool, so you're also less likely to lose them I think. I remember taking that Mario 3DS case with me quite a bit when it was current. That was when I had my original 3DS XL, before I upgraded to the new model.

Cool, my cousin had the model 1 Sega CD, the one with the loading tray. I remember playing Sonic 3D Blast and Pinocchio, before they were even released. One of the Sega Channel perks was trying new Genesis games before they came out. I remember Mortal Kombat 3 (which was divided into two parts due to its size), an exclusive solitaire game, Mutant League Football (think Madden, but with monsters, robots, space, and traps on the field). Played a lot on Sega Channel. They even had contests where you had to find the scrambled up game name (clicking it returned Ariel: The Little Mermaid), also, an online listing of manuals, tips, news, etc. Didn't know Game Freak made that game.

Cool, I almost did that with a Pokemon sticker at one point, but decided not to. Yeah, I just like collecting them and looking at them because of my favorite characters. A couple of times when I went shopping, I got a Trolls surprise tin. All it has is a charm of a character, a wristlet, two stickers, and two magnets. I don't even use the stickers, it's just a fun little collectable to look at (not randomized, I got the Poppy tin, and all the contents were Poppy). Just like collecting and looking at them.

Cool, here's the case I use for my New 3DS XL. Cool thing is this case is an officially licensed case, by both Disney and Nintendo.
Untitled

Wish more did this, I would totally carry my Switch in a Trolls case. My Switch case is Splatoon 2 themed. Yeah, I found this shortly after I got my New 3DS XL, and it was perfect since I love Frozen.

tekoii wrote:

@Sunsy Oh yea they can be >u<;; Oh naw, my name is tekoiiYT on Switch. But yea, send me a friend request and we'll play sometime! Btw do you have discord??

Just looked up "TekoiiYT" in Paladins and I'm getting the same result with that particular "Tekoii". If it is you, I'll be more than happy to send a request. I do have one, I just don't keep it public anywhere for privacy reasons.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Speaking about 3DS, this is how do I decorate my New 3DS XL machines.
Untitled

The blue design on my USA machine, the Red Yellow design on my PAL machine.

Untitled

I pasted my own design for 3DS card case HORI 24.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Aw, sorry to hear. I'm glad you're doing better, at least! Ohh, that's cool they had the original model. I've never seen it in person, but I do know that its startup has different music and animations for the Sega and Sega CD logos. Oh that sounds cool, playing those games before their release date. Cool you got to have Sega Channel back then - I would have liked having it back in the day, though I was only a tot when that was a thing, lol. The first time I got to experience something like that was with the Wii Virtual Console.

Oh that's nice you collect merch like that. I do have a lot of Mario-themed merch myself - mostly figures on my shelf and stuff like that. That's a really nice Frozen-themed 3DS case, too! I took a picture of the Mario one I mentioned, here it is.

Untitled

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Ok, if that's what you like to do. I personally don't, wouldn't want sticky residue on my systems, and I like how game systems look. My New 3DS XL is a nice red.

@MarioLover92 Thanks. Yup, IIRC I think the Japanese Sega CD had a different startup song. Stumbled across it on YouTube one day. I think the only memory I have of it was playing some robot game my cousin had for it. Yeah, it was a section called Test Drives, and it would let you play upcoming games with a time limit (usually 30 minutes). Funny really, with Game Pass being a thing, Sega Channel is just an early form of that. It didn't replace buying games, you still bought the cart if you wanted to own the game.

Yeah, it's nice, because I can store the stuff in the tin, and the tins look really nice. I usually find these in the store's sports and trading card section, sometimes they have character stuff like this. Mario-wise, I have a few plushies of Peach, Daisy, and Yoshi.

Untitled

Thanks, that's a really nice Mario case, I like how the red looks with the background of enemies. That's a very nice case. Speaking of Frozen, here's the 3DS theme from when Disney use to have themes on the 3DS eShop. It's a shame they're no longer available, I would have loved to get some more. It plays an instrumental of Let It Go in the background.

Untitled

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
I have ever watched Frozen 2 movie at cinema and it was forgetable.
I didn't even remember the signature songs from Frozen 2, the storyline was really unnecessary to make Elsa separated away from Anna.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I got a good laugh out of Lost in the Woods when I watched Frozen 2 in the cinema.

I ultimately felt the movie came and went without much actually happening… Even though a lot did happen, but it just felt like it was over before the climax could happen… If that makes sense?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

Fizza wrote:

So I found a website that takes your online username and makes a short music jingle from it (here it is in case anyone's interested: https://aidn.jp/jingle/). Mine is a Paper Mario boss theme apparently.

I swear, mine sounds like a Christmas song. Considering I was born exactly three weeks after Christmas... touché.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

Mine was like Wii Music with whistle.

Anti-Matter

Solaine

I could picture my jingle in the Earthbound game. Maybe a theme of somebody in the desert area

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Anti-Matter

So I want to ask about Crash Team Racing Switch version.
Since I found my passion with Crash Bandicoot games on Switch (Trilogy and It's About Time) was pretty low due the difficult gameplay (It's About Time was lesser difficult due to unlimited lives for Casual mode) that made me thinking twice to continue my Crash Bandicoot games, as I knew Crash Bandicoot games on PS4 version have really big GB size (25 - 30 GB). I knew the Trilogy and It's About Time PS4 version are still 30 fps as Switch version (except PC version with 60 fps) so not really necessary to get PS4 version as I can save a lot of GB for the games that I still unsure to continue due the difficulty spike. And since I knew CTR (Crash Team Racing) Switch version on all console version was 30 fps, I can consider Switch version to save a lot of GB for my PS4 storage. But, is CTR easy enough for me to play as I heard you need to drift and drift with perfect timing to win the race?
And what are the DLC from CTR ?

Trivia note, from the box design I still prefer the PS4 version as it looked more beautiful than Switch version but to judge from my gaming behavior, I picked the Switch version since the downgrade level from PS4 to Switch version wasn't really noticeable and still same 30 fps and I can play the Switch version first like "testing the water" before I decide to double dip the PS4 version if I feel satisfied enough after finishing the Switch version.

Btw, can somebody tell me the secret for Trilogy, which world level I can farming a lot of lives for Crash ?
Gotta keep exploiting the lives, ahoy!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@TheMelodiusRose Thank you, Trolls is my favorite movie series, so I like to collect stuff from it. Yeah, I like Frozen, so I grabbed it when Disney had 3DS themes up.

@korosanbo Yeah, in 2016 or so, Disney did a bunch of 3DS themes which included Frozen. Saddens me they're no longer available, since they were nice.

Personally, I loved Frozen II, honestly, it was the last time I saw anything fully animated in a theater (would have saw Trolls World Tour on the big screen, but we all know how that went, so waiting on Trolls 3 now). Similar to @Eel, I liked "Lost In The Woods," they gave Kristoff a power ballad, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yes you're correct, the Mega CD has a different, more relaxing theme for its startup screen. It's used in both Japan and Europe. I love this theme, honestly! Ah all right, so the test drives were normally time limited. Yeah absolutely, the Game Pass is the modern equivalent to that. That's cool. I do have quite a few Mario plushes as well, including the characters you've mentioned. I have a Rosalina plush too.

Thanks! I do love how my case looks too. Are those your Trolls tins? Those look nice. I love your Frozen theme, as well! The characters, backgrounds, and snowflakes all look fantastic. I actually have an Anna figure in my bedroom, that's from the Disney Showcase Collection, I believe, and she has her Coronation Day dress on. It was a birthday present for me a while back. I'm sure I mentioned this before, but I enjoyed Frozen II as well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I agree, I like how the Mega CD theme has that "exciting new tech" (for lack of a better phrase) feel to it. Yeah, my friend has Game Pass on PC and loves it, I keep bringing up that Sega Channel did this before it was cool. Nice, haven't seen a Rosalina plush.

You're welcome. Yup, three of them, I have two more in the Trolls World Tour set. Usually these have magnets, stickers, the Trolls 1 has a mini poster, and the World Tour ones have a small lanyard (called a "wristlet" according to the tin) and a rubber character "charm." I like checking the sports and trading card section for character stuff like that, also got some Trolls clips that way (that was the Poppy in the case picture), they're fun to collect. Those three stay near my computer, minus the magnets obviously.

Yeah, it's cool Disney made this at one point. That very nice, I have a doll set somewhere, it's its packaging, and it's Anna from the second movie, with Olaf. One of those collectables that looks nice when displayed in its package. I'm a guy so I never played with fashion dolls, but I don't mind having a few when they're based on my favorite characters, and Anna is one of my favorites.

Edited on by Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic