Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,661 to 60,680 of 60,961

Fizza

@Kermit1 Literally sent it there now, did you get it? Fizza's the name.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Shield
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Splatoon 2
Balloon Fight/Donkey Kong Country
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
446/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 85

Anti-Matter

Woohoo...!
I finished the storyline of Epic Chef PS4 just now! 😄😄😄
It was pretty tough job to clear all Cooking Leagues.
After I won all Cooking Leagues, I could focus to finish the last part of storyline that was actually longer than I thought. I found some surprises to follow the storyline and there was a last cooking duel between Zest and Mitrielle. The ending was kinda good, gameplay was good so I gave the score 7.5 / 10
It was good game to play. 👍
I bought the game on 23 April 2022 and finished on 14 May 2022. Took 3 weeks to finish the game and I have spent 180 days in game.

And tomorrow I can continue Dodgeball Academia PS4. I hope that game will be as good as Epic Chef. 🤗

@Tyranexx
I have finished Epic Chef PS4 storyline.
Better you try this game on Steam.
I can guarantee you will like it once you play it.
It has pretty deep storyline about culinary world and matter of taste, even tough the characters looked cute in Chibi form but they talked seriously like grown up peoples.
Also, this game have character named Jesus (Yes, Jesus from the Bible. Even his looking too) and his role in this game as Carpentery shop owner and he sold the plot land for your farm, with a lot of Escudos (currency in this game) to purchase. With his finger snap, the abandoned field will turn into farming plot.

I have tendency to play more 3rd party games than 1st party Nintendo games so you will rarely heard I play Mario games like Mariolover92 did as I have low interest with Mario games. I like to collect some Mario games but I have very low desire to continue their games. I dunno how to say but some of Mario games have tendency not really enjoyable to play for me.
The fastest Mario games I finished was Mario Odyssey (finished in 2 weeks) in January 2018 but the storyline didn't really left some impressions on me, but I got more impressions from 3rd party games with same genre 3D platformers. Maybe I was tired to follow damsel in distress plot from Mario games all the time and I want to see something new and original.

Tomorrow I will continue my Dodgeball Academia and if you have interest with Paper Mario style games, you will enjoy Dodgeball Academia as well as the game have some vibes like classic Paper Mario but with different theme.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Losermagnet

@Tasuki sorry to hear things have been challenging. hang in there bud. There are bad days but there will be good days too.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Kermit1

@Fizza I got it! and accepted it!

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Bug Fables, Phoenix Wright Trilogy

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

Snatcher

@Kermit1 Now you know I can’t not send you one, can I?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

gcunit

Watching the Eurovision song contest tonight, loving it so far - I'm only at Song 14 (Lithuania) currently, but so far Germany has been my favourite entry, that Malik guy was really good. But my word, the Spanish entry wasn't half eye-catching...

Anyway, came to say, as someone who's never visited Italy, I'm loving how closely the clips of Italy they're showing between songs remind me of playing Assassin's Creed games. I'd always assumed there was a bit of artistic and historical licence applied in those games, but no, it seems Italy is pretty much Assassin's Creed Land.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

@BruceCM The sooner the better in terms of internet connectivity, but I think the payoff in your case is quite worth it...if your ISP keeps their word. At least it's broadband! I'm lucky enough to have fiber, but areas not far from me have to rely on [shudders] satellite internet.

@Snatcher Most of my Friday the 13ths have ranged from okay to pretty decent. So yep, all in the mind.

@Fizza I've tried my hardest to avoid spoilers on Ace Attorney Trilogy so far and have mostly been successful, though it helps that the games aren't as widely talked about in most circles as more popular AAA franchises. I appreciate the recommendation of Ray Narvaez Jr.'s archives; I'm not against looking up hints if I'm stuck, though I try to do it carefully in plot-heavy games. If the games are as wonderful and charming as Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (which also involved Shu Takumi), I should be in for quite a ride!

@Anti-Matter Congrats on finishing Epic Chef! I'll definitely give it a look in the future; currently, the specs suggest my current laptop won't handle it well. Many of the Steam reviews are quite positive. One compared it slightly to Stardew Valley.

Sounds like you don't dislike Mario games since you collect them, just that they don't hold your attention for very long. I'm similar when it comes to racing and fighting games, which is why I don't tend to buy those often. To be fair, many main series Mario games - both 2D and 3D - are formulaic in terms of plot but sometimes do change up the gameplay quite a bit. I don't play them for the story, but for the mechanics and exploration.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Fizza

@Tyranexx I want to play Ghost Trick so bad.... WHY IS IT LOCKED TO THE DS.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Shield
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Splatoon 2
Balloon Fight/Donkey Kong Country
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
446/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 85

Kermit1

@Snatcher Sure go ahead. Let me know for name first (or the first two letters of it)

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Bug Fables, Phoenix Wright Trilogy

Eel

Yay I finally beat the original TLoZ’s Second Quest. Zero deaths too!

It was fun. Though a bit sad, since beating the game means the save file starts over automatically.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Fizza According to Wikipedia, Ghost Trick also had an iOS release worldwide. So that is an option if you can't secure a DS copy for a reasonable amount. I paid a slight markup for a North American copy in late 2019 and suspect the pandemic + ludicrous secondhand market right now has made the price jump.

Oof, yeah, just checked, and prices on this side of the pond are crazy. New copies appear to be going anywhere from $150-$200, and used is double to triple the original MSRP.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Eel

I was lucky and was able to get Ghost Trick, used (but complete in box and all that), for practically nothing back then when people didn’t care about it.
(Which I’ve probably mentioned before 😅)

Amazing game.

The iOS version is a perfectly fine way to experience it as well.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1

I think Video game resale prices are going to crash soon.

There just not going to sell stuff, the prices are so high only a "rich" "person" would buy something for those deals.

(or not)

Edited on by Kermit1

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Thanks, I'm certainly enjoying it! It's honestly getting me back into Kirby, and I'm thinking of picking up Planet Robobot after finishing Forgotten Land. That's cool - enjoy it.

Good to hear you liked Mary Poppins Returns, then - I may give that a watch when I find the time.

@Tyranexx Ah ok, I can't blame you, a lot of shooters can have a tendency to blend in with each other. At least in terms of their theming and whatnot. I do like Street Fighter II as well, I know how to do a couple of the special moves at least, but I'm no master at it that's for sure.

I'm literally the same way with the Mario platformers, and I play them to have a good time - they're just plain fun. I love how many of them have their own distinct feel, too, like how Super Mario Galaxy is a vastly different game compared to Super Mario 64, for example.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Tyranexx It has a ios version? Oh shoot I need to get on that, thought I wouldn't be able to play it without a DS emulator.

@Kermit1 I think, and I say I think because I spelled it in a odd way, but its first letters are NI I think, I gotta send it first.

I hope everyone is having a good day today! And if not I hope it gets better!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Kermit1

@Snatcher Okay, feel free to send it anytime

Edited on by Kermit1

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Oh, don't worry.
You still able to play Epic Chef on Nintendo Switch. The game also have physical release.
Untitled

I think the developer downgrade the console version since I bought the PS4 version that I thought will have better performance than Switch version but all the console version have same loading time to pass the gate and no grass textures unlike Steam version.

If you really want to play Epic Chef, better you find a website for some guidance, from list of ingredients, crafting list until the whole map of creepy forest since you can easily to get lost and wasting the time in creepy forest. I prepared a lot of papers to write down all the cooking battles situation, the judge taste gimmicks, which dish should be judged first and best combination ingredients to get highest flavor points yet still obey the rules or get minimum penalty as possible. Here is one website link I used to check the ingredients list with their dish Synergy.
https://epic-chef.fandom.com/wiki/Ingredients

And here is YouTube link for walkthrough whenever you get stuck in the game.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1

It's hard for me to watch the Muppets like a sinking ship under Disney's flag...

(if anyone really cares)

(I care)

Edited on by Kermit1

Kermit1

@Fizza I-I got jump scared by.......Vasquez....and......her...big boi's... in ace attorney lol

Edited on by Kermit1

Anti-Matter

Okay.
After I finished my Epic Chef PS4 yesterday, today I continued my progress of Dodgeball Academia PS4.
My first impression with this game, it was really good.
I like the combination of cartoonish 3D environments with 2D style characters, looks like modern Paper Mario style games from graphic aspect. And it was running in smooth 60 fps (Of course I played the PS4 version and this is the reason I bought the PS4 version).
From gameplay aspect, I found the RPG mechanism was like adaptation from other games. For example, 2 slots equipments was like FF VI or FF X-2, the charging Balltimate meter was like Extra Mode King of Fighter '97 (hold the Triangle button to charge the meter), the elementals in ability like Fire or Lightning, the recovery center in Hospital was like Pokemon Center. Even I found some name parody inside Dodgeball Academia.
Guess what names I found here? 😛
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Speaking about my current status in Dodgeball Academia, my team have reached level 11, already learnt about Focus (Charging the Balltimate meter) and have reached Episode 2. Still have to work on my team level as the battle become more difficult when the KOed opponents stay behind my team and could throw the balls on my team.
I like this game so far. 😊

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic