Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,541 to 58,560 of 96,570

Snatcher

@Eel So it just got switched up is all? What an odd thing.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher When you mentioned that article, I thought maybe it was going to be about this: AMD's FSR, a "graphical upgrade" found on Nintendo Switch Sports. I definitely don't want to over sell it though, it's maybe intended to help with frame rates, nothing crazy otherwise.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Yo, have you played any Yokai Watch games on 3DS ?
I saw you mentioning about Yokai Watch Blasters 2 and wishing the game got localized.
If you want to give a chance for Yokai Watch games (probably all), better you start to download all the updates of Yokai Watch games from 3DS eshop. All Yokai Watch 3DS games have updates and Yokai Watch 3 have the biggest size of update since it added with Yokai Watch Blasters T, a pseudo Yokai Watch Blasters 3 in Yokai Watch 3. Yes, there was Yokai Watch Blasters 3 but inside Yokai Watch 3 from the update and Yokai Watch Blasters T was way more difficult than the prequel.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Played some Wii U today because I felt like it. Just got done playing Rock N Racing Off Road because I felt like it, also played a few rounds of Splatoon earlier in the day. I'm surprised there's still people playing online, so played three games.

@MarioLover92 Hopefully I won't miss a reply this time, I try to avoid double or triple posting and having as much in one post.

I think that's where I heard of the movie originally, I had 101 Dalmations on VHS when I was little. I also remember having a Patch plushie as well. That's great you saw it in school.

Thanks for reminding me, I have Pac-Man too. Cool, speaking of Mario, I have the Mario 25th anniversary one. I never got Super Mario Maker, but I remember buying it thinking the pixel-style as a figure looked cool. I typically use it as a regular Mario amiibo.

@Tyranexx You're welcome. Looking at it, I can see the locations that are referenced too.

@tekoii That sounds like me, I have my old 3DS and a New 3DS, so sometimes I buy two copies of a game just to have full multiplayer options. Did it with Tank Troopers, 3D Sonic 2, and Need for Speed Nitro X. Never did it for Pokemon. It was funny, guess a part of me still liked Pokemon so getting the shirt was a reminder of that. I will, it's been sitting here, so I need to get around to it. Normally, I don't keep games sealed up for that long, lol.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

I actually was a big fan of the series, but I only played blaster lol @Anti-Matter, I never got three ether or one, or two, just liked blasters for the characters and gameplay.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I will keep this for later, I will tell you when I give it a watch.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Better you consider mainline Yokai Watch games from Yokai Watch 1 - 3 while they are still available.
I also played both Pokemon and Yokai Watch games on 3DS.

Anti-Matter

Serpo

Just played Switch Sports online test.

Tennis is still the best. Sword fighting is confusing, there's a choice of single or double swords - why would anyone choose single sword? Bowling has no strategy, I got a strike almost every time - I was in 1st place. What's the point of Bowling? It's so easy.

Serpo

Snatcher

Because it’s fun to use a single sword lol. Maybe your that good at bowling. @Serpo

I only got to play the sword sport, sadly I got in at the last two minutes.

Oh and your profile picture sucks because I thought I had a bug on my screen lol.

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx You're welcome. Oh yeah I do notice now, didn't know you could make a thumbnail of a higher resolution photo. That's good you fixed it! I can tell a lot of love was poured into this set, they pretty much nailed the locations, references, everything.

In regards to spare systems, I still have my original 3DS XL, in addition to my main new model. I have a red Wii alongside my Wii U as well. Not too long ago, I found my blue Game Boy Advance SP, but unfortunately it's kind of on the ropes now. I have the NES edition and aside from the battery life being shortened considerably, it still works ok. I have the original model of the GBA, too, the glacier variant. As we know already, it's kind of hard to play since there's no backlight. Perhaps I could learn how to install a backlit screen on it, I really like the horizontal form factor of the OG GBA. The buttons feel pretty good, too.

Me too. I wonder who's gonna be making the next M&L games, if there is gonna be a next game that is. You're welcome once again, I hope you had a good flight and saw some really cool views. It's by far my favorite part of taking plane rides!

@tekoii Yeah I see what you mean, I wasn't thinking Nintendo would do much with Mario Kart on the Switch, which was why I wasn't expecting Mario Kart 9 or DLC for MK8D. Perhaps they wanted to wait until some time has passed since Smash Ultimate got its last DLC fighter, or something like that. Mario Kart and Smash Bros. have always been their most popular multiplayer games, after all, and they're set on keeping the Switch around for a good while. Will do - probably won't be immediately but I'll be sure to get to Arceus one day!

@Sunsy I try to do that as well, it keeps my post efficient when I reply to everyone's posts. That's cool you had a Patch plush. I'm not sure if I had a plush of any of those characters back then, just the Jiminy Cricket one.

You're welcome. I have that Mario 30th anniversary amiibo as well! The one with the classic colors from Super Mario Bros. 1. A few more amiibos I have include Koopa Troopa and Yarn Yoshi.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

Does any one feel like hearing a bad joke? Why dose the sandman dislike politics? because there all woke 😃.

(Note this is a joke and please don't take it seriously,)

Edited on by Snatcher

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Your jokes are always funny, and in this case, people that take offence from them should stay at home. I don't get the pun though... I always imagined it like... Sleeping Beauty?

Sleeping Beauty hates woke politics. There ya go!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher Bad jokes are ok with me. I used to go the the comedy club in the city on open mic nights. Even when jokes bombed, I still think they're amusing.

Clearly @TheJGG's joke went too far.😠😠😠 Eel, temporary ban of 100 years please. This user tried to creatively amuse his friends.
(jk<3, that works too)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter Waking to the kiss of true love could be good. And my saved money will earn compounding interest for 100 years. Hmm. If I don't age, that's good. (Although, I don't have much trust in humanity & the future right now)

Unlrelated. I found an old Steve Buscemi SNL sketch, featuring John Hurt. It's a parody of Alice In Wonderland's Mad Tea Party. The video isn't on youtube, so I can't embed it. All I have is link to NBC to watch it. (I don't know if all countries can watch it?)
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-madder-hatt...

There's some good delivery in that sketch.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BabyYoda71

So this is just an opinion I wanted to share somewhere: I got Genshin Impact yesterday (I was waiting for the Switch release, but a few of my friends got it this week, so I did too). I don’t think it’s nearly as close to BotW as people say it is. Yeah, it has a few (quite a lot) of similarities and art style choices. Most of the enemies look exactly like BotW enemies as well (it also seems to me some of the soundtrack sounds like previous Zelda tracks), but there’s so many original ideas it has that people don’t mention (such as: every character has completely unique attacks, it actually has a story even if it’s not great, the Wish/Shop feature, Adventure Ranks, and online play). It seems to me that when Nintendo fans first played it (especially around its launch) we’re playing it with the mindset of comparing it to arguably the best video game of all time, which means they saw the similarities more than they saw the differences. If people had done that with SMO, it probably would have disappointed lots of people. Obviously, I understand why people have that mindset with Genshin instead of Odyssey, but I still think, if you look past a few copies, GI has lots of original ideas that make it a good game. Something that specifically comes to my mind is NL’s video on it’s release date, where they compared the two games. When they listed the features of GI, it seems to me like they rigged it to make it seem like more of a ripoff than it was. They didn’t point out basic features of the game that were original (like the Story or Elements), but pointed out minor things, like some of the enemies or the cooking feature, that were similar to something in BotW. To be clear, I’m not saying NL purposefully rigged it (they even said in the video it wasn’t a BotW clone), but it just seems to me when they played it, they had that mindset of comparing it.

On my first hour or two, I was seeing the similarities, but around the three ruins when you unlock more characters, I began to look past that and now I really enjoy it.

Anyway, that was longer than I meant it to be. If I’m being 100% honest, I’ve been enjoying this game more than I have BotW. I haven’t gotten to the truly grinding ARs yet, so that opinion could definitely change. (EDIT: I rewatched the NL video and changed the part of the text about that)

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah. I also had a Jiminy Cricket plush, and Pinocchio. I still have Pinocchio, had him since I was little. I remember Pinocchio was different than other plushies as he had actual doll hair on him. His hair was always messy whenever I played with him, lol.

Yeah, that's the 30th anniversary one I have, with the SMB1 colors. I remember getting Yarn Yoshi because I found two of them (pink and blue), but also, I got one with Yoshi's Woolly World (had the green one). I got that set one Christmas, it was a game where I had all the amiibo... until mega Yarn Yoshi and Poochi came out.

Never played the 3DS version, but I did give it to my nephew for his birthday one year. He loved playing with his uncle in that game whenever he came over and played Wii U.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@lolwhatno I'd say the tropical setting and the main stages. It's easily the most unique setting for a Mario game, the stages are surprisingly varied, and they're fun to just explore around in general. Sans the blue coins and some of the missions the game has you do (like the one with the chucksters), of course.

@Sunsy Oh that's cool you still have him, and ah I see, lol. I still have my Jiminy Cricket plush somewhere. I know there's a variant with Mario's modern colors, but I don't have that. Kinda wish I got it in retrospect, maybe I'll see it for a reasonable price by chance. Yeah, the green Yarn Yoshi came with the game itself, I got that for Christmas as well. Cool of you to give the 3DS version to your nephew as a birthday gift. Yeah, I never got the 3DS version, just stuck with the Wii U original. I did the same thing with Kirby's Epic Yarn, kept my Wii copy and skipped the 3DS rerelease.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

MarioVillager92

@lolwhatno Oh I thought you meant anything in the game in general. My apologies. Anyway, I also loved the extra FLUDD nozzles you could unlock, both of them. The rocket nozzle is pretty much a super jump that can get you to hard-to-reach places, who wouldn't love that? The turbo nozzle is objectively not as good, but I've always loved going fast. It's most useful for when you're swimming.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic