Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,541 to 58,560 of 60,818

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Ah yeah I still remember that results music, it's easily the most chill tune in the game. All the music in that game is great. It's also one of Nintendo's more challenging games, especially when you crank up the difficulty to expert or master. I finished all the leagues in master once, but I only got 1st place in a few tracks, lol. I never played Uniracers, but I have played Stunt Race FX for a bit on NSO.

Yeah, same here. I think the "what are you playing this weekend?" articles are some of the more tame ones. I sometimes comment on those, but the problem is that I tend to go to games without me planning them out, lol. I'm pretty much the kind of guy who doesn't like focusing mainly on anything I dislike. Sure, I don't like every game that I have played throughout my entire life, but it sure helps me a ton to stay positive and play/do what I enjoy.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I'll say, I got to experience it more after buying it on the Wii U VC. Uniracers was a cool game, sidescrolling racing with unicycles. I rented it as a kid, but didn't know that the game was no longer sold. Apparently, Pixar sued the game's developer DMA Design (fun fact, they go on to become the developers behind the Grand Theft Auto series) for copying the unicycle design. So I feel lucky I got to experience it. I never played Stunt Race FX until NSO.

I comment on those posts, though sometimes I end up changing my mind on what I may play. Sometimes getting in the mood to just play something. Same, I never understood why so many worry and complain about things they don't like, especially on YouTube. I just stick to what I enjoy. If I don't like something, chances are I won't bother with it again, whereas something I like, I'll always come back to it.

Edit: Seems Nintendo Life has an article on the story of Uniracers. Found it while researching the subject.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

roy130390

So... I was checking the Arceus Comment section and it was hilarious to me to see that, while everyone is fighting and at each others throats (as expected), there's @Tyranexx , in the middle of the comment section, talking about how interesting this new direction is 😆.

I completely agree about it, it was just quite nice to see how you completely ignored the usual conflict. Such a peaceful comment in the middle of that war haha. It was like seeing a person enjoy their meal happily while there's a bar fight happening and everyone is involved like in the westerns, with the piano guy playing nervously while everything is happening.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Silly_G

roy130390 wrote:

I completely agree about it, it was just quite nice to see how you completely ignored the usual conflict. Such a peaceful comment in the middle of that war haha. It was like seeing a person enjoy their meal happily while there's a bar fight happening and everyone is involved like in the westerns, with the piano guy playing nervously while everything is happening.

Nearly two years ago, there was a big confrontation outside of a restaurant between a group of friends/associates, meanwhile, one of our mates was inside enjoying a meal with his wife and baby daughter, totally oblivious to the kerfuffle. It's quite typical of him though, as he's very easygoing and seems blasé about almost everything (including a time when he was telling me about his wife's miscarriage).

I couldn't possibly be that carefree. I cannot even fathom such an existence. But it takes all kinds, I guess, and really, he's likely better off for it too.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I will try to get Kao the Kangaroo 2022 on PS4 or PS5 as I prefer the retail box of PlayStation version with Blue color.
Kao new design looks much better than before.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

I've noticed the number scrolling/navigation improvements in the forums as well. Quite nice IMO.

@TheJGG, @tekoii, @BruceCM Your friendly abridged XC2 Update:

• I reached the Omega Fetter, where all H377 broke loose. Mikhail, Patroka, and Akhos proceeded to be very annoying. Jin stepped in (with Malos in the background), and I was doing well until the plot derailed everything. NGL, his true form looks awesome. Pyra stepped in and threatened to destroy herself using Siren, figuring that Torna wanted her alive. She willingly went with them in exchange for sparing the group. Things looked pretty hairy there for a bit.
  • End Chapter 6. Poor Rex. :/ Definitely an emotional cliffhanger. Chapter 7 started with...someone in a random room with an older visage. I have my suspicions....Anyway, turns out Torna wanted Pyra/Mythra alive in order to learn how to repair Malos's own core crystal; apparently the crystal of an Aegis contains the "blueprints" to life?
  • Cue Rex being VERY down about losing Pyra and nearly giving up until other members of the group talked (and smacked lol) some sense into him. Definitely a tense scene, not to mention the informational brain dump with Tantal's king afterward.
  • As I suspected, the Praetorium isn't all sunshine and roses and explains why the king reacted so harshly to Rex and Co.'s arrival. They're basically generating core crystals from Genbu's essence and giving them to the Praetorium in fear of blackmail regarding the royal family's "relation" to Addam. The king tells them of a third sword, which Azurda/Gramps knows of full well. Cue traveling back to Leftheria and entering Spirit Crucible Elpys (this name is a mouthful).
  • Originally linear, this dungeon turned into quite a maze. The Blades aren't reacting well to the crystals in this place. We also learn that Zeke is a Blade Eater fused with Pandoria's core crystal; this makes me wonder if Fan hasn't been through the same fate. Nia is also experiencing symptoms, and we started getting her story before I stopped last.

@MarioLover92 I thought I caught you playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate an evening or two ago! XD Glad you had a great birthday. Out of curiosity, what kind of cake was it? I daresay we're as old as we allow ourselves to feel. One can never be too old for games IMO, be they electronic, tabletop, board games, cards, etc. I believe the MHA anime is a bit ahead of where I am. In the last manga volume I finished, Bakugo and Midoriya were having a night fight in that training area on the UA grounds.

@TheJGG I completely understand, no rush at all; I'm pretty booked the next couple of days anyway between a couple of family birthdays. Omicron is running rampant where I am right now; yours truly is still healthy, and I hope you're the same. I'm sure Skyrim hasn't aged the best graphically, though I recall watching the opening few minutes years ago and loved every moment of it. Not sure if I want to go with an Argonian or Dunmer for my first character.

• To be fair, the Old Factory track takes a bit to get going, but it picks up for me a little over fifty seconds in on this loop; that's actually the track that's on my YT work shuffle. I find it very easy to plug away to. I do agree that the Old Factory itself was quite a maze; it took me forever to find where I needed to go lol. I haven't yet gotten to the Cliffs of Morytha. Leftheria is indeed a visual treat, and generally I agree with you on enclosed vs. open spaces in the Xenoblade series.
  • The Tirkin sub-plot was very much a WTH moment. Zeke's moment was good, and I do agree that Niall's sacrifice, while gallant, was also avoidable; it's possible I did miss some visual context, but that scene did still have some emotional impact. As for Nia, I suspect I'll get the full story next time I play.
  • Tantal's theme for both is very fitting for the area, both the environment and the general state of the kingdom...both past and present. I really like your cover of Tantal Night; it's my favorite of the two overworld tracks in the area. I admittedly had to consult a thread (GameFAQs, I believe?) that highlighted what I was missing in order to get going. While I'm enjoying the game overall, the map navigation could be slightly better....

@roy130390 Hah, more like oblivious! I opened the review on mobile way before I read it (shortly after it went live) and posted thanks to a busy work day. I didn't bother reloading the comments, though I glimpsed the reply count later and wondered lol. Sometimes I do catch on that comment sections are volatile and either ignore the ongoing...exchanges entirely or don't bother commenting at all. Glad that I could provide a lighter moment in the midst of all that toxicity.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Sunsy

Watched That Thing You Do for the first time tonight and now I have the song stuck in my head, lol.

@Anti-Matter Cool. I plan to keep an eye on both PC and Switch versions since I play games on those.

I agree, the new design for Kao looks great.

@roy130390 This made me look for @Tyranexx's comment. Yeah, the way the comments section are, I don't comment as much on articles.

Sunsy

roy130390

@Silly_G Same. In my case people think that I'm aloof and carefree because I look that way but I'm usually quite focused and even tense, I'm just good at hiding it apparently. I kinda envy people like your friend sometimes.

@Sunsy Yeah, I rarely see you commenting on articles. You are quite a nice person, so even if those can get chaotic I think that you are safe for the most part haha, although there's probably a couple of individuals on the site that would probably like to prove me wrong.

@Tyranexx Honestly it's great to see coments like that. I think that they help to get back on topic, but sometimes those sections are too far gone for that haha. Fortunately, some of those users ended up understanding each other and apologizing despite of their disagreement.

I do like to discuss on articles to exchange points of view, but people tend to take it way too personal. A disagreement shouldn't mean that there's animosity but apparently it is the same for many users.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, still stuff to happen, too, @Tyranexx .... Glad you're liking it!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Sunsy

@roy130390 Yeah, I think I commented on a few articles today. Really, I don't comment unless I have something useful to say in relation to the article. It just feels like a waste of time arguing over something like games. Discussion is always good, fighting just feels like it gets nowhere IMO. Thanks, I'm pretty much just being myself.

Sunsy

Vortexeo

@Tyranexx The old factory theme in Xenoblade 2 is also one of my favorites! I always thought that track was pretty underrated! I've been following your Xenoblade 2 playthrough quietly and I can't wait to see what you think next 😂

Ugh...I just want to play Xenoblade 3 :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

MarioLover92

@Sunsy I have actually heard of it, I saw it on YouTube a good few times. We just never had it back in the day. It does look like a cool game, kinda reminds me of Sonic games in a way. I didn't know the devs got sued by Pixar, maybe they had a short film with unicycles or something? Pretty sure that game came out sometime before Toy Story hit theaters. I wouldn't play Stunt Race FX until it came out on NSO either. From what I played at least, it's pretty good. I may play more of it sometime.

Yeah, I stop playing games that I just don't like and move on with my merry way. I may mention them from time to time, though, and at the end of the day we all got our own opinions. I know there's some people who like Mario Kart Tour, for example, whereas I kind of hated it myself, so more power to them. At least I gave that game a fair shot, and I can stick with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe instead. I do like that MKT has all these cool costumes for all the characters, I'd like to see those in the next full-blown Mario Kart game, whether it'll be on the Switch or Nintendo's next console.

@Tyranexx Yeah I was playing Smash Ultimate online with another fellow Nintendo Life user, which was a good time. My cake had vanilla frosting and strawberry filling, and it's delicious! Yeah I agree, we're never too old for games in general, or anything else, to be honest. That's cool you left that post in the middle of that havoc that was being wreaked, lol. Posts like those always seem to happen when it comes to Pokemon and many other Nintendo games, and it's not pretty in the slightest. I just saw NL's Arceus review on YouTube, without loading the comments of course, and I may end up getting it sometime.

@roy130390 Oh yeah absolutely, I kind of want a civil discussion in online communities like this, but yeah...a lot of people online are simply too negative and seem to love getting into arguments. That alone is why I don't comment on NL's articles that much.

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I have not been commenting as much on articles in general. Part of it is because of how volatile some of them get these days, but part of it too is that I am trying to spend a little less time online in general.

@roy130390 As much as I like text communication (namely because I can proofread), the downside is that nonverbal cues and voice inflections are lost in the mix. Hence a lot of misunderstandings. I'm fine with constructive conversations in real life, but they are increasingly hard to find in most corners of the internet lol. People tend to jump to conclusions if you're for or against something. There's often a ton of gray between the black and white.

I do try to generally stay on topic when I do bother commenting on the main site. Though I do make the occasional pun or witty remark.

@BruceCM I think it will be a bit before I play again. I ended up playing Ori last night and won't have much time to game over the next couple of days. Family birthdays lol.

@Vortexeo Glad you're enjoying my commentary! I can start tagging you as well if you'd like? The Xenoblade games collectively have some of the best soundtracks in gaming IMO.

@MarioLover92 that sounds like a really awesome cake, though I admit I'm usually not picky when it comes to that type of dessert lol. Pokemon comment sections tend to be pretty volatile in many places these days. I do agree some of the criticism is warranted, the problem is many seem to be judging a game that they don't even have in their hands yet. When it comes to the series, some seem to like making a mountain out of a molehill LOL.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

BruceCM

That's 0K, @Tyranexx .... Thanks for letting us know! Whenever you do get back to it, update us

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Eel
The PS4 version was 30 fps for 2D game Peppa Pig?! 🤯
Gooosh... 🤣

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Vortexeo

@Tyranexx yeah bro! I definitely agree! If you could tag me in your XC2 playthrough moving forward so I don't miss anything that would be nice!

Ugh...I just want to play Xenoblade 3 :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 When I looked up the game last night, I can't believe I didn't think Sonic with Uniracers back then, and my brother had a Genesis. It's amusing to see the SNES go at speeds similar to Sonic. That's what I'm guessing, looking it up, it's a short called Red's Dream which stars a unicycle.

Indeed. Meanwhile, I've enjoyed some of those "bad" Sonic games, while others didn't. It is all opinion, as long as people don't fight and argue, it's usually cool. It's fine to disagree and not fight with others about it. Which is one of the reasons why I don't post much in the comments. I'm still surprised no one went at me for saying something good about Balan Wonderworld in the comments of an article.

@Tyranexx About the same with me. I did post some comments today, but the conversation ended up being with Anti. I spend the same time I do online, in the morning, evening, and sometimes afternoons. Usually throughout the day I'm busy doing other things like chores.

Sunsy

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx That's cool. I like chocolate cake as well, I picked vanilla and strawberry since that's my favorite. It was my birthday, after all. I'd like to have a cake with fruit on top one of these days, too. Absolutely, I make sure that I played the game in question before I critique it. I remember when Sonic 4 got its reveal trailer (the one that showed that one bit of gameplay and its logo), and a lot of people were upset about Sonic's modern character design, of all things. Those same people even said that they're gonna buy Sonic 1 on the day that Sonic 4 released. Yep, it was as ridiculous as it sounds.

I did end up playing it...and I didn't like it. Obviously, it was not because Sonic had his more modern look. Sonic's controls were jank as heck, the levels were mediocre at best, and the special stages were insanely hard for all the wrong reasons. Even just entering them was a pain. Because of how Sonic controls in this game, it is really easy to screw up getting in the big ring at the end of the act, and that's happened to me more times than I care to admit. Yeah...pretty frustrating and disappointing game for me, and I never got episode 2 as a result. (I did hear it's a bit better, but not by a lot. Also for those people who liked Sonic 4, it's all cool - more power to you.) I loved Sonic Mania though.

@Sunsy Ah ok, gotcha - I had no idea Pixar was around that time, lol. The only short film I've seen of theirs was Geri's Game, that was on our VHS of A Bug's Life. It was after all the previews and right before the movie started. The other thing I remember was that there was a different character for each VHS copy, ours had Dot on the front cover.

Yeah absolutely, I've seen a lot of people saying stuff like Sonic Adventure 2 isn't that great, but I've always liked it. I liked Sonic Adventure 1 as well, but the only part I didn't like was Big's fishing levels. In that respect, I liked SA2 more.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic