Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,521 to 58,540 of 96,507

tekoii

@MarioLover92 Those two are my highlights for the year, along with Arceus. MK8D DLC seems awesome but also feels a bit weird where the Switch is at right now lol, but nonetheless very cool. Oh yea, Dread was phenomenal. We need more and plus we have the engine already so, why not right? I'm seriously surprised by how much the simple act of throwing a pokeball to start a battle or capture pokemon, to be so satisfying. It really makes you feel like you are hunting. It's not just that though, it's also the ability to control the camera. I'm only on ep3 of my livestream, but my experience so far is amazing. I can't wait to keep playing but busy is what busy does. Thank you. I have 4 courses right now and 2 of them are difficult. I appreciate the best wishes !

@TheJGG Thank you. I'm glad you had a good time with my stream ! Man.. I couldn't sleep that night either lol. I had to edit that one XC3 vid on my channel. It felt like not just the obvious wanting stuff for the channel, but I am just so hyped for it. Xenoblade Chronicles as a series is probably my favorite JRPG series, and I've beat some JRPGs like: FFX, Chrono Trigger, Skies of Arcadia Legends(YES), FF12, Tales of Vesperia etc. LOL. "vicious cycle of rebirth and destruction continues". As it does for all of us Zanza Day 1 Kirby! Day 1 XC3!

@Sunsy Yea... been a big while since I played it. But I must, it's such a good game. I must beat it, I beat SA2B. Gotta get to ma chaos u know!!! Ah nice nice, that's good for keeping that original feel. Also, yea that game is pretty rad ^^!
I'm very much the same with Pokemon, I fell off after the greatness of Gold and Silver. I love the DS versions of those games though, I'm a sucker for those pixel designs. Ahh, I'd say give X a play if you hadn't, the 3d in it is done pretty well.

@Vortexeo No worries bud! Thank you. I would'nt want to just up and leave like that, especially after everyone has been so good to me. But yea dude.. you seem like a big RPG dude also so heck yea that direct was SICK. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 though... so HYPE. Goodness Skies of Arcadia is such a great RPG, I love the characters, world, and ship combat is great. I just wish it wasn't trapped on the Dreamcast and Gamecube. If you do play it man, I know you'll love it, it's great!

@Tyranexx BAH. Everytime. Thanks.. lol. Right!? I guess im just used to saying spoilers as opposed to spoiler. Their matching armor and new powers are awesome. Being able to switch to any blade for Rex is awesome. I really love Morytha, it's such a nice break from the usual fantasy stuff. It's also blended so well with the story. The Background Titans <3 Torna does focus on Addam, Lora, Haze, and Jin a lot. Torna is a cool game, I just wish that certain things were done or explained better. There are bits of it that feel kind of anti-climax to me. Ahh I see, everyone has different interests! You gotta give this game credit though, I'd say it's impressive with a small staff and short dev cycle. I've can't play X because it's trapped on the Wii U but hopefully since we see Nintendo focusing heavy on Xeno, maybe just maybe, if the sales are great on XC3, we can get a port of X and then an eventual sequel. It makes a lot of sense to me considering, just a while back I heard a lot of talk and want for X to come through. For the other XC2 post you had: Those moments are really cool and unexpected for silly old me. Seeing Fan's half core on Amalthus was wild. I love all of those cutscenes. The robot thing that Mikhail sacrifices himself in reminds me kind of a mechon! Also, I love Mik's sacrifice there. Such a great moment. Yup... therein lies one of the HUGE problems with this game. The field skills that gate your progress. It's cumbersome and outright bad. Have a wonderful time with this games awesome conclusion Tyra !

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah yeah that is cool. That's actually good for when parents are seeing those shows with their kids, particularly if they grew up seeing the Disney classics themselves of course. Cool to see you're making note to see it sometime. I remember liking the villain as well, Professor Ratigan.

Those are good choices for sure. Yeah, I pretty much just get amiibos on occasion at this rate. If I happen to see one that I like, I may pick it up. Yeah, the Mario series amiibos came out in 2015-2016, when Mario Party 10 and Mario Party: Star Rush came out, respectively. It's why I was pretty surprised to see that they still haven't made a Toadette amiibo after all these years. I would've bought her amiibo by now! Just because she's so cute, lol.

@tekoii Yeah, I totally wasn't expecting Nintendo to make Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC, especially since the game came out 5 years ago. So that was a nice surprise. Sounds like Arceus is a good time then, I wanna try to get it later on. Christmas this year at the very latest. Though, I do want to get some games from the 3DS and Wii U eShops before they close for good - I refuse to miss out on them!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

With the Wii U and 3DS eShop shutting down, I know I mentioned it in the "what's on your wishlist" thread and in a comment of an article, I want to just mention Tank Troopers again here. Just really a fun tank game that feels ignored because it came out during that weird time between the Wii U and the Switch.

@tekoii Yeah, it's one of my favorite mods because it keeps the look close to the Dreamcast original.

Yeah, I played Blue and Yellow a lot, then got some of the spin-offs (thanks recent news, I need to buy Pokemon TCG GB on the eShop), and Gold. I didn't play Ruby as much, but played Emerald more and then fell out of it. Amusing part, was I got a Pokemon shirt sometime after falling out of the series and still wore it a few times, lol. Will do, I have Pokemon X and I did download the update just to have it ready for when I play the game.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

I'm leaving for my trip tomorrow afternoon, straight from work. Other than a bit of downtime here and there (if any), I kinda doubt I'll be on here much for the next few days. HOWEVER....I do have some of those promised ? Block photos!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

@MarioLover92 I do hope that with Nintendo's current ecosystem, the NSO content at least moves forward with the platforms; I feel for those who had to upgrade their VC entries from Wii to Wii U for a fee. I'd prefer owning them outright and just having access to my digital purchases as system upgrades commence and just associate it all by account.

That was one of the criticisms I've read: Paper Jam is more a Mario & Luigi game and not the true crossover it was advertised as. You'd think it would've struck more of a balance lol.

On the ? block: Thanks! Pics are above if you're interested.

@tekoii I love that Rex can switch to any Blade, though it seems almost unfair that the rest of the party can't do the same lol. Morytha is beautiful in a post-apocalyptic way and makes me wonder how things used to be in Alrest. I do hope to get to Torna before too long, but I'll give it a bit after I finish XC2 to avoid burnout. I suspect I'm getting into the really good plot details now. The Tornan ship did indeed look like a Mechon; definitely got those vibes too! I'd say the field skill requirement is now one of my main complaints, along with insufficient tutorials and the gacha Blade mechanics. XC2 is indeed impressive, it's still an amazingly good game. I just prefer the other titles in the series. XD I do hope Monolith eventually ports XCX to the Switch or another future platform; more people need to experience that game. It's heavier on the sci-fi aspects of the series and places more focus on quests, exploration, and its deep systems than the story.

I'm still having a great time with the game, but I'm giving it a rest for a few days since I'm not taking my Switch on my travels.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Apologies, you posted minutes after I responded to Tekoii.

Indeed it is, I picked up on Smee and Captain Hook in Jake and the Neverland Pirates when my nephew had it on almost a decade ago. It makes those young kids Disney shows a bit more fun, so it makes me happy they put a nod to Disney's Alice in Wonderland in Alice's Wonderland Bakery. I think it's long overdue. Heard of The Great Mouse Detective throughout my life, surprisingly, never seen it.

Yeah, I find that the best way to find amiibo. Still mind blown at the fact I still managed to get a Smash Rosalina amiibo. I remember just doing an errand and I found one in Target for normal price, so I just bought it. I also have the Super Mario Rosalina amiibo, and the Peach one, and multiple Sonic ones (after finding out I could only save one data on it, I got a couple of them). I have several Splatoon ones, Yarn Yoshis, and the Star Fox ones. I agree, Toadette is cute.

@Tyranexx Nicely done, I'm really surprised by the detail of that set.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

octokid

I recently found my 3DS, and all the cringe Tomodachi Life songs with it. Here’s one: (I started playing in June 2021, lost it in August and found it again in January.)
It’s called “tom nook be like.” Its a metal.
nook’s wrath drawing near
house owners gasp in fear,
tanooki/racoon thing
putting us in debt
scamming us for money
rich tycoon dude
The rest might not be appropriate, lets say i pulled a gun on Mr. Nook…

Edited on by octokid

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

Snatcher

Yo was a article just deleted? What happened.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

About the next nintendo console getting a improvement or change. Something like that. @blindsquarel

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Your ? block set looks great! Awesome job on putting it all together. When I finished mine, I did find out that you can place Mario and Bowser on that rotating plate at the bottom. Though, I haven't done that with my set, lol.

Yeah, I generally prefer owning all my games too, whether they're physical or digital. I like keeping all my old consoles too, I'm not giving up my 3DS and Wii U since I have a lot of games downloaded across both of them, including all my Virtual Console games.

Yeah totally - the game could've been a tad better. I'm gonna miss the Mario & Luigi series though - poor AlphaDream bit the dust a couple years back.

Have a safe and wonderful trip - take care.

@Sunsy Yeah, the same thing happens to me. I'd potentially miss a recent reply to me if I don't refresh, lol. It's all good.

Yeah, I remember seeing a Great Mouse Detective preview many years ago. It was on one of our Disney tapes (101 Dalmatians, to be precise), and Ratigan's song was on one of those Disney sing-along tapes we had during my tot years, but we never had the movie ourselves. Only saw it proper in school back in the day. I do want to give it a rewatch as well.

Oh that's awesome you got it that way. I have multiple non-Mario amiibos too, I have Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Shulk, Shovel Knight, and multiple Zelda/Metroid series amiibos. I have gold and silver Mario amiibos too, I remember getting the silver one when I saw it at my local retro game store.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

Congrats, @Tyranexx .... Found somewhere to put it safely on view? Unless you enjoyed assembling it so much you're going to dismantle it in order to do that again, lols

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

Snatcher wrote:

About the next nintendo console getting a improvement or change. Something like that. @blindsquarel

On rare occasion, I've seen an NL article appear to go live by mistake. It's there for 5 minutes, then disappears. Then later it gets posted for real.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Well whats odd is that it turned into a old article from last year. I can link it.

Eel

Sometimes they can merge or replace articles, I've had it happen to articles were I posted a comment and later when I go back to them suddenly there's an entirely different set of posts in the comment section.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Sunsy Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised by all the details too. Those lightbulb moments when I realized what section or character I was building were pretty awesome.

@MarioLover92 And thank you as well! Not sure if anyone noticed, but King Bobomb is slightly lopsided in that pic of the battlefield. I fixed it between taking the photo and uploading it. XD I love the rotating plane; it's very reminiscent of a certain boss fight.

I keep all my old consoles and, in the case of the DS/3DS, more than one 3DS unit should one decide to bite the dust. The onli exception is the old Wii, but that belonged to the family and I didn't pay for it. Hence one of the reasons why my Wii U is around. Virtual Console options on both families are nice incentives too.

I hope the Mario & Luigi series sees a revival of sorts; from what I've played so far, the IP certainly has potential.

On my trip: thanks! Heading to the airport now. I doubt I'll post in here again until I'm in transit back home.

@BruceCM Thanks as well. I think in my living room on one of the intables in there. Gonna have to do a little rearranging first. I did keep the guide in case it is dismantled again.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

tekoii

@MarioLover92 Yea, I mean don't get me wrong, I think it's great just a bit weird in terms of timing. I really want like a Nintendo kart type of deal and for a proper Double Dash mode. It'd be legendary to be able to race around as my favorite Nintendo chars, you know? For sure dude, yea absolutely hop on Arceus. I hope it really pushes Pokemon even further. Oh yea, I did hear about the shop closures :/

@Sunsy Hits ya right in the sweet nostalgia ! Oh man, I have two 3ds and I got Gold and Silver on each just to trade and battle for fun XD. LOL. That's kinda funny about that Pokemon shirt. Have a great time with X. I really enjoyed the advent of mega-evolutions and I still prefer them over gigantamax from SwSh.

@Tyranexx Lol yea, very true. It does kind of make you feel like you'd want the rest of the party to be able to switch blades. The one thing that alleviates it a touch are the overdrive protocols which allow you to transfer blades. Oh for sure on that burnout, especially after such a long game. Yea, field skills and crap tutorials suck. The gacha mechanic could have been fun, had the RNG not be absolutely ridiculous. It's like they wanted to pad out that mechanic, when it's already like a 60+ hour game lol. I do like the collectible nature of having blades to collect, but again that mean RNG ruins that. Hoo boy. I've seen a few things from XCX and it really looks phenomenal. I wish I could play but alas. It sounds really great, especially with your description. Sci-fi. Quests. Explore. Systems. It sounds right up my alley. I really hope my little wish/prediction thing comes true after XC3. Ahhh looks like you're out for a trip! Have splendid time

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

Oh, wow. IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat changed their opening. Which also kind of corresponds with John Cartwright having joined them recently. Anyway, the Zelda Ocarina of Time's "Listen!" is gone. I like the new opening.

(actually, I didn't like the old NVC opening because when it said "Listen!", it was often way louder than the video itself, and often startled/annoyed me.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic