Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,521 to 58,540 of 60,903

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Yes, I used cardboard to make like 3D effect.
I cut a little bit of cardboard paper and pasted it behind the cutout characters.
The depth just only one cardboard piece.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

Anyone else notice the tiny quality of life improvement here where I don't have to scroll down to go to another page? The page numbers are scrolling as I browse threads.

Sunsy

Eel

@Sunsy hah yeah that confused me several times yesterday, made me think the page had already ended!

@Anti-Matter it’s a really nice effect, and the cutting looks really clean. Did you use an exacto or scissors?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Ooo, I like how you did the 3d like cutout with it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Snatcher

@Sunsy I thought it was a glitch on my end, its actually pretty cool.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

WoomyNNYes

I want to to see someone do a video, or report the distance, how far can you throw a Switch game card? I bet they throw pretty good, if you put some spin on it. Or, their light weight, or asymmetric grooves on the bottom will make them curve or fly crummy.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for video<3)
Rocket League liker
'Tendo liker

BruceCM

Feel free to conduct that experiment, @WoomyNNYes ..... With your games! Lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Thanks.
I cut the characters with scissors.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MarioLover92

@Vortexeo @Eel @Snatcher @Anti-Matter @Fizza @Tyranexx @roy130390 @Sunsy
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! My cake was delicious and I had a good day for sure. I also played Mario Party Superstars and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to celebrate. My island neighbors in Animal Crossing: New Horizons threw a nice party for me as well!

@Zuljaras Looks awesome as usual. Great job!

@Anti-Matter Oh yeah I actually looked up my lunar new year sign a good while ago, I was indeed born on the year of the goat. We have an old calendar/menu scroll from that one Chinese restaurant we'd go to. Pretty good drawing you did, by the way, I like the 3D effect you put in.

@Tyranexx Thank you! That's cool, I remember you turned 30 last fall. I don't feel any older most of the time as well, and even though I'm in my 30s I still love Nintendo and Mario. You're never too old for them! That reminds me, I think the fifth season of the MHA anime's up now. I wanna try to get to watch it sometime.

@Sunsy Ah yeah, in Super Mario Kart, I would always play 50cc when I started out as a kid, too - I wouldn't drift back then, either. I never got to play the Special Cup until much later as a result, which was probably for the best. I could see my child self having a real hard time with those courses...especially Rainbow Road, where there's not a single guard rail.

That brings me to another game, which was F-Zero X. I hated any course that had parts with no guard rails when I was younger, lol. Since if you fall or run out of power, your vehicle blows up and you gotta start the race over.

Snatcher wrote:

@Eel Its nice, hardly any heated debates, civil talks, Supportive people, ya it just has everything you would want in a thread.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Sunsy

Played some Skylanders for the first time in years this afternoon. Kind of was in the mood to play it today. Specifically SuperChargers on Wii U.

@Eel I felt the same way, lol.

@WoomyNNYes Really good suggestion, it feels good not having to scroll down to switch pages.

@Snatcher At first, it just looks like it's stuck there, lol. Also...

Snatcher wrote:

@Eel Its nice, hardly any heated debates, civil talks, Supportive people, ya it just has everything you would want in a thread.

This! This thread feels like one of the few places I can go and be myself. Given older gaming forums I've been to, I like it. If this is the old game forum, who wants to guess people would rip into me for simply liking Trolls. Other gaming forums I've been to, always got ripped into for simply liking cartoons. The friendly community this thread has is great! I remember posting some similar thoughts a good while back too.

@MarioLover92 You're welcome! Sounds like a good celebration.

I remember my brother and I only did 100cc once just to unlock Special Cup. Nowadays, I just use the code on the SNES Mini just to play Rainbow Road and the other Special Cup courses.

Haven't played F-Zero X, but I played F-Zero when I was a kid, rented it. I remember driving along the side and my vehicle went boom, lol. I think I picked up more on F-Zero when I bought it for Wii U, as I never owned it as a kid.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Snatcher

@Sunsy Agreed, I know I would get ruined for liking some of the things I like.

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Hoho, you played some Skylanders games too?
I have finished Spyro's Adventure PS3, Swap Force PS3, Superchargers Wii U, Imaginators PS4. My Trap Team Wii U and Superchargers Racing Wii are still not playable yet before I have the Trap Team portal and some different type of vehicles. I just only need to get Giants to complete my Skylanders games collection.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Sunsy

@Snatcher Indeed. It wasn't Trolls, but it was other with cartoons I liked in the past. Let's just say I've always liked more "kid friendly" cartoons for lack of a better phrase. Like Disney or Nickelodeon ones.

@Anti-Matter Yup, I have Swap Force, SuperChargers and Imaginators on Wii U, and SuperChargers Racing on Wii. IIRC, I played SuperChargers Racing with the base set. Bowser, Stealth Elf, and the plane Bowser has. The car and boat I used were the clunkers, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

roy130390

@Eel There's always good themes of conversation, it's peaceful and it's pretty much the site's most valuable place for me. it has been available way before I arrived which was years ago and it has the best qualities of the site. There can be conflict and frustration on the reply section of articles and if it gets to you, you just need to come here and it's more than enough to remember why many of us enjoy being a part of this community.

Eh, it got kinda cheesy haha but I think that people get the idea.

Also, most of my favourite users gather here.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Oh man, I had no clue there was a cheat code that lets you unlock the Special Cup. I just looked it up and according to GameFAQs, you can unlock it for time trials and vs. mode. That's pretty cool they did that, especially for a game that's best played in multiplayer. Going back to F-Zero X one more time, there was a cheat code you could do that unlocks absolutely everything in the game. I was mind blown by that as a kid, I was excited to see that game's Joker Cup courses. Fun fact - the very first track in the Joker Cup is Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64. Port Town II from the first F-Zero is in it, as well.

I played the first F-Zero as a kid too, that was one of the many SNES games we had. My dad loved playing it back in the day, still have my SNES copy too. I remember getting scared by the sound effect that plays when your vehicle blows up, lol. That explosion is ridiculously loud!

And yeah, I will have to agree with the Nintendo Life boards, this thread at least is super chill in general, way more so than the other boards I have been to. This is really my kind of online community. I wish I could say the same for NL's articles, though. Most of their comment sections can be as toxic as those of many YouTube videos, for example.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

I've shown weakness I ordered Pokemon Legends instead of waiting for reviews Well there were reviews from leaks and they were favorable so ... it is a free game after all

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

TheJGG

@Tyranexx Sorry I'm late for the reply, I've been very busy. Appreciate the birthday wishes greatly, though the COVID Trace game wasn't all that great. The public scrutiny was less than ideal, but it is what it is. Skyrim's been decent, if, I remember saying, a bit on the ugly side. Not to worry though; I just bought Shin Megami Tensei V for some classic Atlus RPG goodness.

• Personally the Old Factory track's a bit painful to my ears, maybe the bitrate on that track is really low or something. Both areas involving that theme were also fairly tedious to navigate and traverse, but I'll criticise it more when the time is right. Leftheria on the other hand is really open and has some really nice themes. The problem with enclosed spaces in games like Xenoblade is that it doesn't do the visuals justice at all. Areas like Mechonis Field are really open despite them being indoors, adding a huge sense of scale. In fact that's why Xenoblade is so great visually, scale.
  • The whole Tirkin subplot was... weird to say the least. Zeke's character moment saved the entire thing from being a waste of time, as did Niall's heroic (but silly) sacrifice. My argument is that he could have stayed in the shield and absorb the blast instead of... doing what he did. He's the emperor of one of the most powerful nations in the world, he's not a baby! And Nia... I didn't catch it the first time I played.
  • Tantal, huh? I managed to redo this song, which may or may not sound better. I imagine now's as good a time as any to highlight this, since you've reached the area. God forbid I try to do Shadow of the Lowlands, I'd need to take singing lessons. It did take me a while to get to the lower level, I even looked up a guide, that was how lost I was!

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Metroid: Dread
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

KAO the Kangaroo is back...!!! 😃😃😃
The game will be released on multi consoles due to Summer 2022.
KAO have new look and looked more handsome. 😍

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yup, that's the code. Given I mostly played that game in time trial mode just to drive around tracks, it works for me. That's cool. I actually looked up the Joker's Cup out of curiosity, and was surprised to see Rainbow Road in it

That's awesome you have your original cart. I remember renting it and one memory that stuck out was that relaxing sounding music when a race ended. Funny really, some games I haven't played since I rented them, yet they still stand out to me. Like Uniracers, I feel lucky I've got to experience it via rental, I think in recent years I learned the game was removed from sale.

I agree, I find myself commenting less and less on articles. I only seem to comment if I have something useful to say. I find it surprising how the forums are different compared to the the article comments.

@Zuljaras I don't see how that's a bad thing. If you're interested in a game, play it. Then again, I usually don't let reviews be the deciding factor for me with games personally. Enjoy playing it when it comes.

@Anti-Matter Wishlisted on Steam, and will wishlist on Switch later, downloading a game update now in event a friend and I want to play together.

I still need to play it, I got one of the Kao games on Steam. Also, as a Trolls fan, I like their choice of song for the trailer, lol. They sung that song in the first movie.

This is a really cool surprise.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic