Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,961 to 55,980 of 96,526

Sunsy

Animal Crossing Direct was great, until they dropped the $50 price tag for Switch Online's expansion pack. My inner PC gamer is screaming "Nooooo!"

So, what is it? Is the expansion pass $50 because it includes the DLC or pay more to use the DLC online, is the DLC separate? What if I wanted the expansion pack, but not the DLC? Is it $50 for the N64/Genesis stuff without DLC? I'm so confused right now.

Edit: Nintendo Life's article cleared things up for me, but it does make me question the pricing of the Expansion Pack by itself. Will it be $5 more alone, given the DLC is $25?

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

reporterdavid

AC Direct: Yeah! .... then the Price.....: Nay!

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

BabyYoda71

They literally announced everything anyone wanted... and group stretching.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Agreed. I really liked the Animal Crossing direct, it's definitely gonna get me to come back to New Horizons once the update comes out. I love this game, but I kinda ran out of things to do, lol. So I took a hiatus from it. I could see myself getting the DLC at some point, too.

But jeez...the asking price for the NSO expansion pass is absurd. I love you, Nintendo, but $50-80? What were you guys thinking??? I'm not sure if it was a good idea for them to include the New Horizons DLC with the expansion pass, solely because not everyone has the base game to begin with. It looks like they're offering a discount for existing members, so there's that at least. In terms of what's exclusive to the expansion pass, though, the N64 games are the only ones that interest me.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 The bigger thing is, the DLC can be bought seperately, as it should be with add-on content. This is really pushing the boundaries of what a company can get away with.

I'm at the point where if people ask me "which game system should I play," I'm just going to recommend PC. Just because of the free online alone, and consoles all having paid online.

I'm sticking to the basic $20/year plan just to play with friends who don't play on PC. I have the Genesis games on a collection for Switch and some of them on PC via Steam. Why pay $50/year to play those? I agree, not everyone has Animal Crossing, so giving them the DLC is kind of a useless perk.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I saw from ACNH Direct, finally we can gather all villagers in front of Residential Service and ask them to do Aerobic.
I was thinking, put some Eurobeat songs and we can have ACNH Para Para Paradise. 😆

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Yeah, the new content is the good part of the Direct. Seeing Kapp'n again made me smile, and I jokingly told my friend, I need to get my GBA and GBA-to-GameCube link cable, lol.

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
One thing i noticed from Direct.
There was NO Resetti and Lyle returned.
I'm glad they didn't return as i don't like them on my island and start to yada yada nonsense (Resetti keep nagging about Quit without saving, Lyle keep talking about Feng Shui).

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah...I'm probably gonna stick with my regular family plan. Even with the discount, I'm not sure if my wallet will be able to handle that yearly price, and I only have around 1 year left with my current plan. I'll likely just get the AC:NH DLC separately - it'll probably just be playable during the expansion pass plan anyway, if I'm assuming this correctly.

Other than that, I'm happy with the direct. Can't wait to pay Kapp'n a visit, as well.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

jedgamesguy

I have half a mind to just reset my entire island, because of this new update. On the other hand it took so long to finish the “campaign” that that time is better spent doing something else this time…

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Vortexeo

I really hope they add a plan with only the n64 and genesis games.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG Personally I'll keep going with the island I've had since launch. I have a lot of people on my New Horizons friend list and I don't want to lose them.

@Vortexeo @tekoii Agreed with you both. Those are at least exclusive to the expansion pass...the asking price would be a lot lower had they not included the New Horizons DLC.

Snatcher

WTF is with that price man?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

reporterdavid

Its good to hear that some will play animal crossing again after november 5th. Love to hear who I might visit and 40 euro's for the price, im not in a big shock. 50 was to much though....

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Sunsy

@Vortexeo @tekoii Unfortunately, it's not. It is $50/year even if you just want the N64 and Genesis stuff. Personally, I'm just going to keep the $20/year upgrade just to play with friends who don't play PC games.

@Snatcher I know right, it's a massive jump compared to $20/year. I really need to encourage more to get into PC gaming, as of now playing PC online is free. I do this regularly too, friend and I played Doom again the other night, it was classic Doom as well.

@reporterdavid Some advice, if you want to play the Animal Crossing DLC, just buy the DLC by itself if you have no intentions of playing N64 or Genesis games. It's cheaper alone as you pay one time instead of paying $50 a year to "rent" the DLC.

reporterdavid

@Sunsy in europe it cost 39,99. I might think about it, thank you

@Link-Hero maby becouse of rights , not just sega, but also microsoft (rare), konami and capcom can ask for some bucks. but indeed, better made it optional.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Sunsy

@reporterdavid Ah ok, I live in the US. You're welcome, there is no need to upgrade to the expansion pack if all you want is the new Animal Crossing content.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it's playable with the expansion pack or by itself. I think most Animal Crossing fans will just get the DLC by itself, just to be able to play it without paying the $50/year. Also, it can be played without it, so if someone didn't want the expansion pack anymore, they can keep playing it.

I keep having memories of Kapp'n singing about cucumbers. I have my GBA-to-GC link cable and GBA ready for the boat trip. Now if only I can find that darn GameCube plug on my Switch dock, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic