Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,981 to 56,000 of 96,580

Snatcher

@Link-Hero @Sunsy Great minds think alike, But really I agree, this is such a rip-off.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Losermagnet

So is the NSO required for the DLC? Or is Nintendo trying to slip a rider in their Animal Crossing hype?

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Eel

From what I read:

No you don’t need the expansion pack to play the DLC.

However, the pack will let you play the DLC without having to buy it separately.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Losermagnet Ya, you can buy it without the dlc, And you don't even own it, what a rip-off.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Losermagnet

Cool 👍, thanks for the clarification @Eel

Sunsy

@Snatcher Yup. I'm paying the basic plan just to play with friends who don't play on PC. Free online is one of my favorite things about PC gaming.

Imagine, buying a game and being able to use any portion of it without paying extra, online multiplayer included. It's ideal, it's the way it should be.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Vortexeo

@tekoii @MarioLover92 @Sunsy I really love animal crossing myself but I just don't understand why they bundled it in the expansion pack. This means if you buy the expansion pack you'd have to keep paying for the Animal Crossing DLC every year right?

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Sunsy

@Vortexeo That would be my guess, which is why I think it's better to just buy the DLC. This way if you decide you don't want the expansion pack, you could still play it.

This is only my guess as you can't play NES or SNES games anymore should you decide not to renew.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Losermagnet

@Sunsy i've always hated paid online subscriptions. I was in my early twenties when this started with microsoft and i still dont pay for it. With the money you save not paying for online services over the course of a console's life cycle you could get a decent gaming pc. Or, at the very least, a handful of games.

It's especially awkward with Nintendo because their online service is a bit subpar.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Snatcher

@Sunsy 100% agreed.

Anyone that wants the DLC, just buy it by itself.

I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Sunsy 100% agreed.

Anyone that wants the DLC, just buy it by itself.

I’m very much alive!

Losermagnet

@Snatcher missed your @ - luckily i'm only interested in the Animal Crossing content. Playing the classics has long since lost its shine for me. I'm the type of person who prefers playing it on original hardware anyway.

Vortexeo

@Sunsy Man, I was interested in both the Animal Crossing DLC and the n64 + Genesis games but I don't want to pay for the Animal Crossing DLC every year lmao.

I'll just do what you suggested and buy the DLC separately. I could always emulate the older games if I really want them

Thanks!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

@Losermagnet I'm just going to emulate it to Enjoy the classics.

I’m very much alive!

Losermagnet

Some sites are reporting that the Happy Home content requires the NSO+expansion. That doesn't make sense if you can buy the DLC separately. Even if it's online-centric content you should be able to access it with the standard $20 plan.

I'm jumping to conclusions, since i havent been able to deep-dive into the direct or articles (work...again), but this seems like a "Wii U reveal" level of kerfuffle from Nintendo.

@Snatcher this has me so confused that i think im gonna revert back to board games.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Sunsy

@Losermagnet Same here, NSO is the only one I paid for, the basic one, mostly to play with friends who don't play PC games, also I have a friend who moved a couple of states away so online gaming is all we have for an activity, we play games on Switch and PC. I've always been a Nintendo and PC kind of guy, the best part of that was online didn't cost extra.

I look at it like buying a DVD. If I buy a movie on DVD, I don't have to pay the studio again each time I want to watch said DVD. Basically, it's paying to use something you already pay for.

I have a feeling the rise in F2P games like Fortnite has more to do with paid online. Looking at it, most F2P games on consoles don't require a subscription to play. I tend to find more people playing online in Asphalt than other games I paid money for. Honestly, as bad as it sounds, I rather pay one time for a $2 microtransaction than an annual $20-50 a year.

@Vortexeo You're welcome. Keep in mind, it's only a guess as I know that if you don't renew NSO, you can't play the NES or SNES games, so I'm assuming it's the same with the included DLC. This whole thing is really confusing.

MarioVillager92

@Vortexeo My guess is the same as Sunsy's, since it's also part of the expansion pass I would assume that it's only playable while you have access to it. I do agree with you though, it doesn't make sense to include the New Horizons DLC alongside the N64 and Genesis games. The only thing I'd be interested in is the N64 app. I'm interested in the DLC too, but yeah, I think it makes more sense to just buy it outright since you'll have it for good.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

tekoii

NSO pricing is wack and not a good way to welcome a new generation to Nintendo. I'm glad it's here but I feel like it could have made it's money proper but also have been consumer friendly. I hope I don't sound too negative now, it just seems a bit unfair in terms of pricing.

Something like this would be great:

NES + SNES = $20
N64 + GBA = $40
Gamecube + Wii = $60

@MarioLover92 Exactly, there is no need to force us to have to pay extra to have both when some won't engage with the Animal Crossing DLC portion of it.

@Sunsy Yea, and I have little hope Nintendo will change it's course of action now. I feel you on trying to get others to just go the PC route. PC gaming is awesome, and plus a PC has more than just games on offer! That's why these days I tend to prefer buying First Party when it comes to my Switch, cause you can't get that anywhere else

@Vortexeo Seriously. Some of the big decisions going on here are a little weird. The whole thing was flat out confusing. Repeatedly paying for the Animal Crossing DLC? I really hope that isn't a thing cause that's not cool.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

From what I read:

No you don’t need the expansion pack to play the DLC.

However, the pack will let you play the DLC without having to buy it separately.

So by my logic, if i want to play HHP, i must pay $25 for a standalone HHP in my ACNH.

But for Expansion Pack, when i calculated the price difference, it looked like the price to get HHP from expansion Pack NSO = more than $25.

And i was thinking what is the difference between purchasing HHP with price $25 and purchasing HHP from Expansion Pack NSO with higher price ?

Was the price of $25 = Vanilla HHP but if you purchase HHP from Expansion Pack NSO = HHP + Access to Free contents every certain time by Nintendo ?

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@tekoii Yeah, it's not like Microsoft who introduced Xbox Live at $120, then backpedaled after people got upset about it. Nintendo more than doubles it, knowing them, they'll stick to it.

Agreed, though I do play third party games on Switch too. I have Team Sonic Racing, Puyo Puyo Champions, Doom 2016 on both Switch and PC. It's nice for that portability, while PC gives a better experience. Team Sonic Racing feels so good at 60FPS. I know I can go higher with tweaking, but I like to keep things locked to 60 just to keep CPU and GPU temps down.

Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to Smurfs: Mission Vileaf. I pre-ordered it on GOG, being a Smurfs fan, I'm eager to see how it looks on PC. Loved the 3D art style Smurfs The Lost Village had and this game looks like it will have more of that. Decided to go the PC route just because I want a fun cartoon platformer for my PC. Knowing me, I may get it on Switch later on.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic