Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,821 to 55,840 of 56,565

Zuljaras

@Snatcher Come on, it is not a photo...

And btw you and Eel said that Dragon Ball thing! I have never seen even one episode of that show

Zuljaras

Snatcher

@Zuljaras OMG did I say a photo? my god I'm really sorry, I'm really sorry, It looked like a actual location I must of typed photo, I'm really sorry.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

BruceCM

Needs a skeleton or something in it, @Zuljaras ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

My hand drawing of Deer for drawing lesson grade 1 - 3 last Wednesday.
Untitled

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

tekoii

Sorry about all the notifications.. I deleted em all and just put it in one comment ><;

Oh man... I didn't get to talk much with you guys about the direct with this crazy weekend.

Oh and I released my new video if y'all are interested. The video is all about sports and I use a mario kart rainbow road remix by vector u (sick music). I tried to include and represent as many sports as I could. I wrote in the description that sports can give us competitiveness but at the same time can bring us closer together, and I think that's important in being a sportsman. Anywho.....

That direct was pretty chill and I ended up liking it a lot more as I watched it again.

Some of the new stuff I'm hyped for:

• Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Finally a 3D Kirby game... though it looks more boxed in like Super Mario 3D World just with better environments.
  • Bayonetta 3 - I dont have any hack & slash games on my Switch.. I need to play 1+2 first though ><
  • Chocobo GP - I never played the original but I how u can charge up your spells like Fire > Fira > Firaga.
  • Switch Online N64 + Genesis - I know during the direct, I sounded bittersweet, but I've come around. It's nice to be able to get plenty of my favorite classic games for hopefully just an extra $10 to my subscription. The fact we can play online feels more substantial with N64 compared with the SNES. I so look forward to playing some of these, on and offline.

@Snatcher Yea :/

@WoomyNNYes Totally all good man, no worries! Always next time, plus I shoulda gave more notice so everyone had to chance. And oof ground to air dribbles are def more on the advanced side of RL. Some of the air dribbles on Youtube are pretty wild o.o

@chapu2006 Awwh damn that time zone difference is killa. All good man thanks I do appreciate that you wanted to join ^^! Oh and the best racer did win... over and over XD

@MarioLover92 Thanks for coming to the tourney!! Appreciate your support man.. the games were..interesting to say the least... but damn I gotta say you are a beast at MK8D. Like i said, I always figured myself to be fairly decent at the game, but damn.

@Tyranexx Woof. Sounds like it gets a bit crazy over there but it sounds like it's a good time at least I'm glad you too are big into Metroid and have seemingly recently started liking Kirby more. Ironically, I've also recently and randomly been appreciating the pink puffball a helluva lot more as well.

Oh btw! For my PC peeps.. Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed Collection is $5 on Steam right now.
First bought this a couple months ago and had a blast with it! Give it a try and add me on Steam so we can play
Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed Collection
https://store.steampowered.com/app/212480/Sonic__AllStars_Rac...

Edited on by tekoii

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
Did you play ARMS too ?
I want to find partner to play ARMS together Online.
I rarely touch my ARMS despite i really like the game, maybe because it was a short burst game and i felt bored quickly after several Rounds vs CPU.
I played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe too but same like ARMS, i rarely touch my Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for short burst game.
I want to play Online with certain user in Private room with specific rules since i will never ever beat the players with 12 peoples on it, the Japanese players are oftenly reached 1st or 2nd place, i wonder what magic did they used for having extra ordinary speed and i never able stole their positions.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@Zuljaras Your painting looks great!

@MarioLover92 Maybe, IIRC, the SNES Mini is made not to yellow. I don't recall hurting my hand on an N64 controller, though I do remember the controversy behind one of the Mario Party games years ago. Never owned the game so I never experienced it.

I do remember the problem where if you held the stick down while turning the system on, it would move the character. I remember those warnings to keep it straight up when turn it on.

@Anti-Matter Your deer is adorable!

@tekoii I'm really surprised at the 3D Kirby game, and looking forward to it myself. Looking forward to the other two as well. Though, I'd say Nintendo 64 and Genesis is my only disappointment, sorry. Mostly because I have the Genesis collection on Switch, and half those N64 games on my Wii U. Also, being a PC gamer, I'm just not keen on the idea of paying more for an online service, even if it's an optional tier.

Very small announcement, I'm very happy with the Pac-Man release on Switch. Next time I get an eShop card, I plan to get it. I like Pac-Man, but I only have the game on Game Boy Color and GBA.

Sunsy

tekoii

@Anti-Matter BAH. No I dont, I played the demo and had loads of fun with it. It's another game that I would want in my library but there is a seriously insane amount of stuff on market that I painfully have to choose between XD. Though..... Nick Brawl is seriously calling out to me..

Edited on by tekoii

tekoii

@Sunsy OMG the deer is adorable!!! Heck yea, Kirby is gonna be flames! If it comes with multi-player that would be sick af. Ahh i see... totally understandable..I pay just to play Smash and other stuff online. It's just nice to have access to the classics for hopefully not too much of an extra cost. And ahh nice .. I feel like this direct gave a little bit to everyone

Sunsy

@tekoii Indeed, I still have a subscription since I have a friend who moved out of state years ago, so it does get some online use. We also play on PC, we were playing Doom online again earlier. We use to hang out, since he moved we like to still play games together.

I will say, that has been, as unpopular of an opinion it is, what I've liked about NSO. I like the idea of a classic Netflix-like experience with classic games, and really like playing the games we never got (really liked Magical Drop II and Psycho Dream, and getting the SNES version of Puyo Puyo).

I feel if multiplayer wasn't tacked on and it was just a classic games service, it would be better received. I did like the 99 games, I laughed when Pac-Man 99 was revealed and still play it occasionally.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Tyranexx

Just made it home a little over an hour ago from my weekend excursion to a neighboring state. I had an excellent time. Beautiful weather, some cool sights, and a theme park visit under my belt. It's kinda bittersweet to return home, but I gotta do that sometime lol. I meant to get to some replies while winding down in my hotel room last night, but...I fell asleep. Amazing what a few hours of driving and then a ton of walking/standing can do to a person.

@Anti-Matter There are various reasons why people bad-talk famous people, but that would involve typing a huge excerpt from "Tyranexx's Opinion Opus", and I prefer to keep this thread pretty chill. Let's just say that when it comes to Chris Pratt, there are some valid concerns, but the rest of it is just allusions, guilt by association ("Oh, this person likes something related to X? That must make them sympathetic to topic/idea/thing Y or Z that I don't like"), and Twitter gossip. I've openly shared how I dislike social media, and I think Twitter is the worst of the bunch (though Facebook isn't far behind). I think he deserves a chance in the role at least.

I actually think Jack Black will make a great Bowser. Can't say I've seen Onward, but I want to! By the way, love the deer drawing up there.

@MarioLover92 I honestly had decent expectations for The Lion King remake until that scene. It was just....Well, the film's version wasn't bad per se, but the animated film's version is so iconic...and better. Maybe some of that is nostalgia talking, but it's one of my favorite villain songs. XD

@Sunsy Definitely looking forward to seeing how Jack Black does in the role! I admittedly have yet to see the Sonic movie, but from what little I've seen of Jim Carrey in action...he pulled off Eggman/Robotnik very well.

If a game requires a dedicated server to be set up somewhere that needs maintained and whatnot, I totally get paying at least a small fee. However, if it's just P2P with nothing in the middle, I don't see the point. How PC gaming is generally handled is why I'm contemplating building a decent PC for some gaming. It would fill the niches the Switch isn't in my gaming hobby for the most part, though there's the occaional PS exclusive I'd still miss out on.

That's exactly what NSO feels like: a classic gaming service. While I do occasionally play Monster Hunter Rise online (Well, rarely these days), I pretty much just subscribe for the backup option as I always like having backups of my saves. It doesn't bother me that NSO has backups you have to pay for - they do take up space on a server somewhere - but my problem is it's literally the only (legal) option. Even previous Nintendo platforms like the 3DS and Wii U allowed people to back up their saves locally.

@tekoii It's a very good time! A little exhausting at times but quite fun overall. As for Metroid Dread....I've given it some thought and think I'll leave it for my Christmas list. It won't kill me (literally, anyway) to wait to play the game a couple of months. I won't have much gaming time this coming month, plus what little time I do get will likely go into finishing the current games I have going...and starting Luigi's Mansion 3 at some point next month since I did decide I wanted to play it as my "Halloween" game this year.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Luigi's Mansion 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

tekoii

@Sunsy Oh, nice. I can relate to that as one of my closest friends had moved away as well. That's just the thing, with PC you can easily message and get games going just like that. Then you go back to the Switch which has some of the best games available, but struggle to get basic games going with your own friend list. But its great you and your friend still talk because it means that is probably a sincere relationship .

Yea, that opinion is a bit on the unpopular side. I feel like the virtual console could still have been an option, but i guess now, im just happy with NSO giving me them libraries for a cheap 1 year payment. I hear ya on the multi-player. It ties back into I cant message people on my Switch. I just feel like if Nintendo were to get with the idea of the internet and messaging, that they can more readily expand their already expansive userbase. Heck yea, the 99 games is cool. I still play Tetris every now and again.

Edited on by tekoii

tekoii

@Tyranexx Nice nice, sounds like you had a wonderful time.. busy, but wonderful Oooh wow, pushing back the Dread for a bit? I couldn't do it, I'm too ready for it. Reginald body ready levels. Luigi's Mansion 3, huh? Solid choice for Halloween. I might ape you a little bit.. I still really need to finish that as well. It'd be nice to swap between that and Dread during Oct.

Snatcher

@tekoii Damn it! I should have joined just to be sure.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
Well, i really like ARMS since it was the first time i saw a 3rd person view Boxing game by Nintendo with unique extending arms like spring + weapons and that was the reason i put ARMS as Day One purchase.
I don't like Smash Bros games and the clones as i never like all players fighting each other and it was totally chaos for me (unpredictable win) as i have ever experinced from Threesome or Foursome fight from ARMS (Never like those modes too except 3 vs Headlock) since i want a fair fight by 1 vs 1, not All in one rumble.

@Tyranexx @Sunsy
Thanks. 😀
I have to draw the deer with simple looking as it was especially for grade 1 students so the students can follow step by step how to draw deer from head to tail.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Anti-Matter

I got good news.
I have contacted with the seller of Megaman Network Transmission Gamecube and he said the game was still available and I have asked if I could have cheaper price a little bit.
He accepted the haggled price until I ordered the game.
At the same time i think i will get my salary tomorrow or 29 September 2021.
Great, soon Megaman Network Transmission Gamecube will be my 10th USA Gamecube game. 😀

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Sunsy

@Tyranexx I saw the Sonic movie, I loved it. I won't spoil it since you haven't seen it yet.

That's how I feel since most games on console uses P2P connections, outside matchmaking. Older games use that too, playing Doom with my friend was literally P2P for us, only difference is it had a Direct IP connection, so there was no matchmaking service for lack of a better phrase. If you do get into PC gaming, hope you like it. I really like being able to play games I can't on Nintendo systems, or playing favorites with higher framerates. I do find it amusing free-to-play games don't need NSO, yet they do stuff better (my Paladins progress is shared between PC and Switch for example).

I agree with that. Right now, every save file and update I have on my Wii U, sit on some USB flash drives. Though, I just use them for backup as I have a hard drive attached to my Wii U for actually playing games off of, since to my understanding, USB flash drives aren't ideal to play games off of. If Switch had a backup system that's local, I would use it ASAP.

@tekoii Yeah, when he lived up here, we always got to do stuff together including gaming. The amusing part, Miiverse on Wii U allowed you to message friends, and didn't cost anything. I usually have to call my friend if we play a game on Switch. I think we only tried the phone app once out of curiosity.

Same with Tetris, it's just a fun twist on the battle royale craze. I still remember the "battle royale everything" jokes, then Nintendo took it literally, lol.

@Anti-Matter You're welcome.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Tyranexx

@tekoii There was some relaxation in there despite all the driving, but it was indeed wonderful. I'm very ready for Dread, but what's a couple more months when I've waited this long? XD Ideally I'd also switch between both games if I thought I'd have time for them both! I really enjoyed the other two Luigi's Mansion entries, and I'm sure this one is a blast too.

@Anti-Matter I'm sure the kids will enjoy it! Deer are fascinating creatures. Congrats on scoring MegaMan Network Transmission!

@Sunsy I actually did game on PC a little back in the day. I sank hundreds of hours into the first two Roller Coaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon entries. Some action/adventure titles too, as well as the Space Cadet pinball game that shipped with Windows XP, various other simulation games, and some really good (and a few bad) edutainment titles like the Oregon Trail and Carmen San Diego franchises. I also had a couple of stints where I played World of Warcraft. It has been several years and, while I'm not a graphics nut, it will be fun to play around with graphics settings. Funny how many of the F2P titles do things better....

Most of my Wii U saves are copied onto a USB flash drive as well, though I've also heard that they aren't ideal to run games off of. It's strictly for backup purposes. I've also backed up my Wii saves onto a SD card, and my 3DS save files are copied onto my current machine and on a different thumb drive as well.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Luigi's Mansion 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Neat, IIRC, my first PC game was Sonic CD. Before that the family had a Mac Performa, so I got to play a port of Star Wars Rebel Assault II, which I ended up buying on GOG out of nostalgia, that's where I played Oregon Trail and Carmen San Diego too. Roller Coaster Tycoon, I also put lots of hours into that.

I also like Id Software's FPS games, I use to play Quake III Arena a lot, even had two copies to do LAN games at one point. At the time, I got my own desktop after saving up (this was my first gaming PC too), and we had the family computer, so my brother and I could play Quake III over our LAN back then.

It still amuses me that Brawlhalla has smoother netplay than Smash, and didn't cost anything nor needs a subsription.

I do the same with my Wii files too, I have them all on an SD card.

Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic