Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,781 to 55,800 of 96,526

MPSSislit

@TheJGG
You’re good, I should be the one who’s apologizing to you about the delayed response. Luckily, school’s going well. Yeah, I’m also working on having a balance between work/school, and my personal life.

Yeah, that makes sense. I figured that Sony would have more PS5 games to show within the first year, even if the games aren’t releasing until much later. I kind of thought the Microsoft buying Bethesda was odd. That being said, I think that the benefits of Microsoft owning Bethesda will start showing up within the next year or two, as bigger acquisitions tend to take a while to see the full effects because of restructuring stuff, and I feel that Bethesda needed a restructure because of the bizarre “stuff” they are (and have been) pulling. If anyone can pull Bethesda around, I would probably say that Microsoft could do that, considering how much they’ve turned around in the last 5-6 years, and how they’ve continued to improve since then.

Yeah, that’s a good point about Nintendo’s communication style, which can sometimes be a bit annoying and concerning at times. I feel that Nintendo’s history of well-made games will continue since Shuntaro Furukawa seems to be able to get the most out of the developers (in a good way, that is), and he really seems to care about Nintendo and gaming in general, so he kind of comes off as a Japanese Phil Spencer in a way (to me at least), if that makes sense.

I also hold NMS in a high regard as well.
When I heard that Hello Games was an indie developer, I figured that they were trying to do something ambitious and new, but it didn’t work out like they hoped it would, as they went a bit too ambitious. Wait, all the DLC had been free?! I didn’t realize that, I figured the most recent DLC was paid DLC, for some reason. Like you mentioned they’ve continued to improve it, even though they haven’t needed to. We’ll see what happens to Cyberpunk, but I don’t think it will end well.

Hey @Sunsy, I was wondering if you got my previous message I sent a few weeks ago, as I don’t believe I ever heard back from you. I hope I’m not being rude or breaking any site rules by asking you that. 🤔

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Anti-Matter

For the peoples who said Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival was the worst game ever, i completely disagree.
Take a look the thing i made for my Math Club Extra curricular this afternoon (via Zoom meeting).
Untitled

I used the gameplay idea from Amiibo Festival as my own board game with some modification to fit with Math Club Extra Curricular. I added with some a lot of new floors such as Switch Position, Treasure Box, Fishing Area, Penalty, Two Dices, Purple Question Time (Happy point reward), Yellow Question Time (Money reward).
The gameplay was similar as Amiibo Festival but if the students landed on any color of Question Time floor, I will pick a Question cards and show to the current student to answer within 1 minute. If their answer are correct, they will get 3 Happy points (Purple) or 3000 G (Yellow), but if they late to answer or give wrong answer, they will lose 1 Happy point (Purple) or 1000 G (Yellow).
If they landed on Treasure Box, they will choose 1 from 8 cards displayed backside and they will be rewarded by a lot of money but they will get lesser Happy point than Fishing Area (Lesser money, more Happy points).
Penalty floor is basically the opposite of both Treasure Box and Fishing Area (Deplete your money and happy points).
Switch Position is the floor you can switch your position with your opponent location.
The time limit was until 3 pm (until the last student turn) as the Math Club activity was over and I accumulated their money (1000 G = 1 Happy point) with their current Happy points. The winner was who have collected the most Happy points after got accumulated.

The students enjoyed my board game as during gameplay, they landed on Question Time floor oftenly so they must be ready to answer my questions whenever they landed on Question Time floor. There were two students who lost all their money for wrong answer during Question time or got penalty or landed on red floor, but there was one student who collected a huge amount of happy point and money.
Oh, the way I set my Zoom meeting for Math Club by using my laptop to show their current score on white board and I used my smartphone to show the board game and the rolling dice from Top view.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

reporterdavid

GTA finally coming to Switch! Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition. GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas. For the first time ever a full 3D GTA to a Nintendo console.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Thats actually really neat dude. good job.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Thanks. 😀
I made the board game from 4 A4 papers with 4 different templates and I have to assemble them to make a big board game that fit enough to be seen from Top view with my smartphone during Zoom meeting.

Anti-Matter

tekoii

I hope everyone is having a DREAD-FULL morning, afternoon, and night

@MarioLover92 And its HERE! My goodness does it feel great. Samus is BACK BABY!

@Vortexeo Lmao, I totally here you on this one. That sale ending temptation is real and undeniable at times xD. Heck yea, DREAD is AMAZING. I'm having a blast, literally. I though the whole omega cannon thing would be slow and weird but so far it feels good somehow o.o I'll add ya so we can maybe play some Smash / MK8 or some multiplayer games as they come out! It would be awesome if you did check it out, I would really appreciate the support! Thank you

@Tyranexx LOL right. I think everybody did to some degree lol. What a let down he was.. Word Xenoblade music is at master tier for me. I even listen to some pieces at a casual level, for exercise or even when I'm focusing on a project. It does help that there is a variety in the mood of each track so it does have coverage. I would give you one of my fav tracks but it comes from XC2 so I figure it best you experience it all even the music in your own journey through Alrest!

Though that does lead me to ask @Eel something. Hey, I figure to ask you about this since your a mod and everything ^^. Would it be okay if I made a thread specifically for content creators so me and others who create might have a place on here to freely speak about it?

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioVillager92

Metroid Dread came to my place today! I'm loving it, though those EMMIs are really tricky to shake off, lol. They're even tougher to counter when they get Samus.

@Tyranexx Ouch...sorry you couldn't get the amiibo. I did manage to get the Samus Returns amiibo set at GameStop a few years ago, but that's about it. Though, I'm pretty happy with how my amiibo collection turned out.

@tekoii Agreed. I already like it, plus it really lives up to its name. I feel a sense of dread every time I come across one of those EMMIs!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

tekoii

@MarioLover92 OH yea, the EMMI really do. They do a really good job of getting you to freak out and run around not knowing where to go. On repeat playthroughs it probably won't feel as thrilling as it does for us now, cause its all fresh and we're still learning the maps. I LOVE it so far though, I think it's easily in the few hours I've had with it one of my favorite 2d Metroids.

@Eel Ahh thanks! I hoped that maybe relegating it to a specific place or thread on NL would maybe make it allowable kinda like the NintendoLife Artist thread. My Youtube is a big part of my life now, so it's a bit odd to dance around talking about my content. It's like part of me wants to mention stuff on occasion but I understand and am trying to respect the rules. But regardless, thanks for giving me the answer straight! Have you been Dreading as well xD?

Edited on by tekoii

Eel

With two birthdays, Mario Party, and a family trip this month, and the Zelda G&W and Pokémon remakes next month, I had to skip Dread for now. Maybe one day though!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

tekoii

@Eel Ah I see Happy Birthdays! Can't deny a good Mario Party. Enjoy your family trip!!! Ohhhh... well I can tell you now, Dread is awesome

Sunsy

@Ninjalaislit Sorry, I might have forgot to respond. It's probably lost in the previous pages, sometimes I do get busy too. What was the response if you can remember it?

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

LuigibrineTheGreat

Well, the flush lever on my toilet broke yesterday. Of all the things in the world to break, that really had to be it, huh?

Also, this my first post from Windows 11!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

jedgamesguy

I watched No Time to Die yesterday. Holy tomorrow… I was left choking on ugly dry tears…

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

Man.. waiting for December to play Metroid Dread is going to be hard, especially since it's everywhere at the moment.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

WoomyNNYes

I was curious to see if I could upload Simpsons Treehouse of Horror VI to my youtube, and share it here. Youtube shot it down. As I expected. Stupid. I was going to keep it unlisted. I bought the episode from iTunes, so I own it. Oh well.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic