Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,761 to 55,780 of 96,507

tekoii

@eel ><; oops! --;; lol

LMAO. I forgot that Chrono Trigger was illustrated by Akira Toriyama. I'm sorry @zuljaras , but hey at least DBZ and Chrono are top tier things.

Ohh --;; and also I launched my first lets play and tutorial videos today just to share. The tut video has a bit of a thing that goes over looked but is cool to do.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Zuljaras

@Eel Or Thousand Needles from World of Warcraft. But we are on a Nintendo fan site so most people are JP loving weebs

Edit: This is all a joke ofc! Except for the weebs part

Edited on by Zuljaras

Vortexeo

@tekoii This is a bit random lol but did you end up buying FF9 or Star Ocean First Departure R?

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

tekoii

@Vortexeo OOF. I didn't get either though I REALLY want Star Ocean. Right now, cause I'm doing Youtube content, I'm considering more Steam games that I own or that might be interesting for a Let's Play. For the more casual gaming side of me though... is BODY READY for Metroid Dread. I have to wait till tmw. Mind if I add you on Switch? You seem like a big XC fan like me ^^!

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioVillager92

@tekoii Same. It can't come soon enough. lol

@Ninjalaislit Ah that's good you guys got a new TV. That seems to be an interesting feature your old one had, though I don't recall having a TV with it. Then again, we never had a 3D TV to begin with. So it would automatically stretch the image to the point where you wouldn't see the black bars, right? You're good about you going into detail, no worries.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Vortexeo

@tekoii ahhh understandable 😂. I only ask because I caved and bought FF9 lmao. Initially I wasn't going too but I opened the eShop and saw the sale only had like 10 minutes left. For some reason, seeing that just made it so much more tempting 😂.

But YES SIR, Metroid Dread is going to be amazing!! I pre ordered it digitally so (at the time of writing) I've only got an hour and a half until I can play it!

Also yeah! Feel free to add me. I feel obligated to add all of the Xenoblade fans here 😂😂. My friend code is under my forum signature. I've gotta check out your YouTube content soon as well

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

WoomyNNYes

@Eel As the sun travels lower in the sky now, I've got two giant praying mantises hanging out on the window screens (to soak up the sun). They're awesome. It's funny to see their heads turn to watch you walk by.

edit:
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@tekoii Sad thing is I was expecting some big reveal related to him, but no dice lol. Not that there wasn't some good character development, but that only applies to a couple of known characters. Loved the battle themes on Bionis Shoulder. The Xenoblade series in general has amazing music.

@MarioLover92 Some of those insane prices are why I'm a little more comfortable with going the digital route at times lol. Never got why people thought Super Mario 3D All-Stars would be rare; it was easy to find even after the Match 31st deadline.

I'm fine with getting the standard edition of Metroid Dread, but I really wanted the amiibo. Of course those were gone in a heartbeat. I did have a brief opportunity to get the special edition, but they sold out before I finished my order.

@TheJGG Wow. That's some high praise! I was already planning on downloading Torna sometime post XC2 anyway, but I daresay I'm more excited now. And it isn't a terrible size either!

Glad the photography is going well! Screensavers are especially fun to experiment with. Might be cool to have one with progressing scenes maybe?

@Ninjalaislit I've been very busy and not timely with replies at all, so it's really no problem. There have been longer times without any responses.

I did manage to catch the last Nintendo Direct in person since it was at a reasonable time for my schedule. A decent showing overall, nothing I needed day one, but there was something for almost everyone.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

My favorite picture ever, that I’ve taken, is of a Praying Mantis, they’re really cool.

I use it as my background pretty much everywhere.

Edit: here, it’s this one
Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Yeah, a couple outside here are this big.😁 This what they look like. They're definitely cool. One is green with brown wings. The other all green. Both about the same size.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
Another things about praying manthis.
1. The female is bigger than the male.
2. The female will not hesitate to devour the male head during mating.
3. Praying mantis eat the prey alive.
4. Praying mantis can kill and eat humming bird, small lizard, etc.
5. I hate this insect.

Anti-Matter

roy130390

@Anti-Matter Wow, I didn't know that they were able to kill Hummingbirds. They are so fast than even other birds have trouble fighting them.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Those are some strange's kinks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Maximumbeans

@Snatcher Thanks Snatcher! I think it went okay. Very inscrutable interviewer so not sure what they were thinking. Guess I'll find out soon!

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Snatcher

@Maximumbeans NP. Tell us what happens please.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Maximumbeans

@Snatcher On to the next round with another interview on Monday. Seems like an exhaustive process but happy to keep going, hopefully this is the last hurdle.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

reporterdavid

Aint got the metroid game. Wanted a multiplayer. and good day

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

WoomyNNYes

roy130390 wrote:

@Anti-Matter Wow, I didn't know that they were able to kill Hummingbirds. They are so fast than even other birds have trouble fighting them.

Yeah, I saw a praying mantis poised next to my window-mounted hummingbird feeder a few summers ago. Which prompted me to skeptically search youtube on the topic - indeed there is footage of praying mantis preying on hummingbirds. You'd THINK those strong, fast flapping hummingbird wings would keep praying mantis from grabbing them. In the videos it's surprising how weak the hummingbirds appear to be compared to the large praying mantis.

Praying mantis have set up by my window mounted hummingbird feeder in the summers since my discovery, in which case, I coax the mantis away from the feeder. I don't know if praying mantis go out of their way to seek out hummingbirds, though. This spot on the house is also preferred by a gray treefrog almost every summer. It seems to be good insect hunting grounds.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic