Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,441 to 55,460 of 96,557

MarioVillager92

@tekoii Yeah anytime! And thanks - been playing Mario Kart games (and many other racing games, for that matter) for the longest time so that's how I got pretty good at it. Drifting/using mini-turbos on most turns, and focusing on defense when I'm at least close to 1st place, those are a couple tips I can give out.

@Eel Ouch, that sounds frustrating. It may get lost for like a whole year, huh? And yeah I can agree with you on the original controllers, I happen to have the NES Switch controllers that I got for 50% off. I like using them for NES games on that NSO app. I used it for Mega Man Legacy Collection too, though I had to change the controls a bit and there's no way to get to the home menu unless I use a joy-con or pro controller. It's not possible to remap the controls on it or the SNES controller, either - I tried doing it and it said it can't be done. I have the SNES Switch controller too, when that finally got in stock - it's really good with the corresponding SNES app.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

Interesting thing to do with clay, @Snatcher .... No point editing it now we've all seen it, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Oh so its cocked already? Did you put the shell on there last? or? also I don't mold so whats your issue with air dry? is it bad?

@BruceCM @Zuljaras "to your first question ... no ... I prefer to use my hands" I'm right handed so šŸ˜.

(Ok ok I'm done with the jokes LMAO.)

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Zuljaras

@Snatcher I made the indent (of the shell not of ...) in the clay while it was soft. Then I baked it and glued the shell.

Air dry clay, as the name suggests, hardens when exposed to air. You need to work quickly and it is almost impossible to do fine details. It is suggested for kids to have sone fun.

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Well now I can see why, air dry sounds like it sucks compared.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

Air dry is also good to make things like flower petals and some types of foods.

Delicate things that risk breaking in the oven.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel I never used hair dry, or Have I? would any type of clay count as air dry?

Eel

@Snatcher most clays marketed for kids, and paper clays are air dry.

Playdoh counts too, I suppose. Since it hardens if you leave it out. Keeping it dry and away from moisture, playdoh sculptures can last a long time as well.

Regular normal earth clay also hardens with air. But you need to cook it to make it permanent, otherwise it'll just crumble if it gets wet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

Air dry is also good to make things like flower petals and some types of foods.

Delicate things that risk breaking in the oven.

That is why you put a sheet of aluminium foil in the middle and when it is out of the oven and cooled down it is super thin and strong

Also air dry clay is very heavy.

Sculpey has a clay that when baked it is so light that it floats on top of water. Very fascinating.

The one thing I hate is that Cosclay is not available here. It is USA clay that when baked it is flexible and you can make things that feel like they are made from rubber.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Ouch I can imagine. That Mario Party problem always stood out to me in terms of problems with the controller, mentioning the gloves reminded me of them too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

@Zuljaras my mind mostly goes to paper type clays when I think of air dry, those are light.

Though we also have a popular product here that is just two-part epoxy putty meant to be used to make quick repairs, which doubles as really nice air dry clay for art projects! That one hardens like a rock.

For flexible clays, maybe you could search for mold-making compounds? I assume those could be used directly to make flexible pieces.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Oh ok, sounded like mostly all clay fit into the air dry section.

Eel

I assume polymer clay will get a bit stiffer and maintain it's shape for simpler things even uncooked. But, yeah, you normally want to cook it for permanent results. Like with normal clay.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

tekoii

@Anti-Matter Yea... Arms looking like a cool game. I really appreciate the unique character design. Granted I havent played the game thoroughly, I still want for Ninty to make and improve in a sequel. And agh, you don't like Smash? But there are 1v1s.. and but.. but.. but.. its my favorite... jkjk I mean its all good, everyone likes different things u know?

@Sunsy I hear ya! I'm sure yall still game out even now when yall got time. Lmao that's so troll that the Wii U has messaging...OH shudders that blasted phone app is straight gross.. And heck yea we gotta Battle Royale EVERYTHING.

@Tyranexx Right, right, right.. A few more months and with Luigi keeping ya company for October.. waiting on it really aint that bad Plus time is such an elusive thing :/ Oh Luigi's Mansion... you are a seriously enjoyable series <3 I didn't finish 2 but I absolutely love 1.

@MarioLover92 Ahh right, experience is the best teacher! And ahh okay, i gotta seriously work on those mini-boosts more so than using the like level 2 or 3 boosts.. hmmm how do you feel about Choco GP? It looks interesting, I like how u can use your 'magicite' spells in their different tiers Fire > Fira > Firaga.

@WoomyNNYes lmao when I read "ground to garbage".. I literally "lmao'd" pretty hard xD. Yea.. we've totally made it past a certain skill level where the more advanced techs are what we need to work on to keep improving.. but hey we'll get there!

šŸ„ MK8D ā–¶ļø Youtube šŸŽØ DeviantArt

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

I assume polymer clay will get a bit stiffer and maintain it's shape for simpler things even uncooked. But, yeah, you normally want to cook it for permanent results. Like with normal clay.

For those things there is Modelling clay. Clay that never cures it is like plasticine but it keeps its form very well.

Polymer clay can be stiff if it is very old. I got one time such pack of clay and all it needed was few drops of clay softener and couple round through the pasta maker

As for this mixture you told me I heard of something that everyone calls "the green stuff". It is clay that is part polymer part epoxy. Cool stuff for small things.

Soon I will experiment with clear resin to make some cool water dioramas

Also sorry for spamming you with such things but I really get carried away with artsy crap

Edited on by Zuljaras

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Chaining both responses into one for you. XD Glad that you seem to have high hopes for Chris Pratt and can offer some insight on his previous work. I'd completely forgotten he did a voice in The Lego Movie, but that isn't one I've seen either. I need to go back and find Anti's linked video of Martinet's various Mario voices; I've heard many, but not all of them. I'll likely comment more on the topic after I watch it. I think Jack Black will nail Bowser. I have seen some of his work. My favorite role of his is providing Po's voice for the Kung-Fu Panda franchise. Like you, I'm reserving my judgment for the actual film, not writing it off upon finding out the cast choices.

Hah, no prob, totally understandable why you left the chat. The laptop I was watching it on blue-screened actually, so I missed about a minute during the Mario Party segment until I resumed the stream on my phone while the machine rebooted. I typically disable most chats when I'm watching a stream, but the chat here is (usually) pretty manageable other than the really exciting bits. I'm very excited about the Kirby game despite not being a diehard fan; the impression I got (and mentioned in the chat!) from it was Super Kirby Odyssey, and I don't think that's far off the mark. That's not a bad file size for Disco Elysium, but I still think it's one I'd rather have physical. Agreed on Triangle Strategy's naming, though I am glad they're adding difficulty options. Still on the fence about that one. I have Octopath Traveler but have yet to truly play it; while I've heard it's a very good game "grindy" is an apt description from what I've read. At least you were able to drag yourself out of bed with little trouble! I too was hoping we'd see something on BotW2, but I'm not hurting for that one too badly yet. At least now people can stop worrying that Bayonetta 3 was canceled!

I've heard of Dune and have even seen a preview recently for it, but I know almost nothing regarding what it's about. I believe it was originally a novel? Shame it doesn't come out for roughly a month, but a Tuesday around then should (hopefully) free up so that I can watch the film with the weekly discount! I thank you for the score video; I haven't listened to much of it yet and will likely finish listening to it when I'm back at work, but what I've heard so far is...wow. Decent ear candy to be sure!

On game ebb and flow: Precisely, which is why I don't think some policies of "If it doesn't grab you after an hour or two, stop playing" are usually on point. Every game is different, and some really good ones can take awhile to get going. I'll usually stick with a game unless I'm REALLY not enjoying myself, or else I find it unplayable in some way; that latter point is a very rare occurrence, but I had to drop Darksiders: Warmastered Edition on the Wii U since it was so buggy that War kept falling through the floor into oblivion during a boss fight. What kept me going on Ys VIII at that point was the excellent gameplay. No rush on Ys VIII, just get to it in your own time. It's also available on PS4 if you'd prefer to play it that way.

I use headphones a lot at work, namely due to being out in an open area with other people, some of whom are on the phone as part of their daily activities. I jump around between play lists out of either boredom or depending what I'm doing. I usually don't listen to a ton of music with lyrics unless I'm in the middle of a task that doesn't require much brainpower. I tend to focus on lyrics otherwise, which kills my productivity a little. My work headphones are wireless Bluetooth but can be wired if needed; they have a decent battery life. Most earbud sets don't have much of a battery life, so I just stick with my old trusty wired ones the few times I do use those lol.

I've been sleeping pretty well, due in part to spending a lot of time outside the last couple of days and doing a ton of walking...when not driving. Agreed on Frontier Village's excellent music; I'm looking forward to that bit when the time comes! I highly recommend the Majora's Mask short film, and I don't believe it spoils too much for anyone who hasn't played the game. A lot of excellent things to look forward to in the coming months and in 2022 for sure! Not surprised Death Stranding earned itself a PS5 edition with how popular and well-received the game is. Sounds like widescreen mode will lend itself to more great pictures?

I've started working through the Champions Ballad DLC, and so far it has been...interesting to say the least. I went in blind and wasn't expecting the nuance that is the One-Hit Obliterator. I'm now working on the shrines that pertain to Vah Ruta/Mipha. I'll probably try my hand at Trial of the Sword after I wrap up this new main quest, but I'm unsure how far I'll bother to get. Apparently, there are three gauntlets involved....

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

@Zuljaras I'd love to try using resin myself! It's so expensive though!

One type I think might interest you is UV resin, I've seen it being used to give "slimy" shine to polymer clay sculptures! And making eyes, jewels and all that good stuff.

Bloop.

Tyranexx

Wait, even crude words come up in the profanity filter, not just swears? XD I could see a couple of innocent uses of some words being incorrectly flagged...as long as it isn't a Gen 5 GTS situation, I suppose. It took me the longest time to figure out why I couldn't put a Froslass up on the GTS....

@Snatcher By chance do you mean "caulked"?

@Sunsy If we're talking first PC game...that's a tough one. It was either the original Oregon Trail (Which I technically didn't play back then; I couldn't read, so I'd beg my mom to play lol) or some simplistic artsy Flintstones edutainment game I recall playing. Then in elementary school, I played various edutainment games (the Jump Start series, Reader Rabbit series, the aforementioned Carmen Sandiego, Math Blaster, Magic School Bus games, etc.) as well as various old Maxis games with "SIM" in the name. Not the famous SimCity, but an easier version called SimTown, SimAnt, and SimFarm. Some of these games exist via an in-browser MS-DOS emulator on Internet Archive, if you're interested.

Never really got into FPS games. The closest games I've played/enjoyed to the genre are the Metroid Prime games, though those are more described as 3D Metroid games.

@MarioLover92 Based off of our conversations and your username, I suspect we're close to the same age. We seem to have grown up with many of the same things! There are some things about the 90s/early 2000s I don't miss, but sometimes I do wish I was a kid again...before middle school ensued anyway.

@tekoii Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon is what roped me into the series; I found it really enjoyable and found all the gems, even if it did take a stage approach. I didn't play the first game until it was ported to the 3DS near the ends of the system's tenure. That was very fun too, even if it did feel weird to play the second game before the first. XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Welp, its official, I hate it here LMAO! (I'm joking)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic