Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,461 to 55,480 of 96,478

Sunsy

@tekoii Yeah, I find it odd we're paying for Switch Online, yet the other Nintendo systems that had online for free, had more features. IIRC, 3DS even had a "join game" option from the friends list for online game, something I feel that should be a standard for gaming with friends.

@Tyranexx SimCity was my kind of game, my brother and I had SimCity 2000 for the Mac. Didn't know how to play it as a kid, when I got SimCity 2000 on GOG, I ended up doing well at it. Even liked Cities Skylines because of it. Always been a sucker for these sim-like games.

That's cool. I just always enjoyed older FPS games, I still play newer ones, but stuff like Quake 3, Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike ended up being my favorites.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@Snatcher Haha, can't help it! I'm pretty OCD when it comes to word usage and typos lol.

@Sunsy I really enjoy simulation games, though I don't often play them these days due to how time-consuming they can be. Still miss some of my old theme parks on the old family Windows XP machine (I had Harry Potter Land created before Universal even built that section! ). That machine crashed many years ago unfortunately, taking just about everything with it.

I've heard I'd probably enjoy the Half-Life series even despite some of the mechanics, but it isn't one I've ever played.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

tekoii

@Tyranexx Ahh i see.. hmm I need to get to that as well some day.. though I'm gonna end up playing 3 first lmao. Oh, how was the 3ds version of Luigi's Mansion 1? I'm pretty nostalgic for it and with the 3d effect, I almost want to snag a copy. Hoo boy..the order in which we played these games is a total mess ^^;;

@Sunsy Yea... it really is. Although the 3ds loaded a little slower, it was so packed with awesome features and yea with the free online :/ Miss the themes, the badges (the free play on the arcade was awesome), the folders lol. Even just arranging your home screen 1x1 or 2x2 is such a great but small feature. And yes it should absolutely be a standard.. im all about making small key changes to create better experiences.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

reporterdavid

Good evening. Just played some Lego City Undercover. To fly with a helicopter over a city gives a GTA feeling. Hopefully the GTA trilogy comes to Switch.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

kkslider5552000

I just realized that at least four 3d platformers have come out from major publishers in the last year, that aren't 3D World + Bowser's Fury. That's probably the most in the last decade at least, so that's pretty cool.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
About N64 controller, I saw the controller didn't look comfort to handle due to trident design and looks like not suitable for playing DDR and that's why N64 only have one DDR, DDR Disney Dancing Museum with DDR mat bundle and very limited amount of songs with one difficulty only (level 1 - 5 stars), very different with DDR for PS1 that actually based on Arcade
(DDR 1st - 5th Mix + Extra Mix from DDR SOLO, SOLO BASS 2000 and DDR 4th Mix Plus) complete with three different level difficulty and have more amount of songs. And that was also the reason I didn't consider N64 for very weak games library compared with PS1 in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@kkslider5552000 That is pretty cool.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's pretty much the reason why you'd see button-mashing minigames in later games. I don't like those, however...they get tiring very quickly. Most other minigames I like - Mario Party 4 had some really good ones.

@tekoii Chocobo GP looks all right. Not super interested in it though, I'm content with Mario Kart, CTR, and a couple of the Sonic racing games (Transformed and Team). Cool playing Rocket League with you, by the way! Admittedly I had some things to learn while playing it. lol

@Tyranexx Yeah I think so too! I was indeed born in '92, which was partly why my username is what it is. I remember reading you came to earth the year before. Yeah, there are some things I don't really miss...and I certainly don't miss my middle school days, that's for sure. The less I talk about those days, the better.

@Anti-Matter To be fair, the PlayStation 1 did way better than the Nintendo 64 in sales. It had a much larger library of games thanks to better third-party support, whereas most of the N64's best-known games were made by Nintendo or Rare - the PS1 truly had something for everyone. PS1's game discs could hold way more data than the N64's cartridges, too. But I still liked the N64. It's probably not the best Nintendo console, but it had some truly groundbreaking games for its time and it nailed multiplayer since it had four controller ports right on the console itself, as well as having games like Mario Kart 64, GoldenEye 007, and Super Smash Bros.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WoomyNNYes

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I just realized that at least four 3d platformers have come out from major publishers in the last year, that aren't 3D World + Bowser's Fury. That's probably the most in the last decade at least, so that's pretty cool.

Did you buy & like any of these four 3D platformers? Which ones? 🤔

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

tekoii

@MarioLover92 Ahh right, there are plenty of cart racers on the market, but idk need to get me my Final Fantasy version xD. Oh yea for sure.. You started getting the hang of it really quick! You'll be high flying and dropping aerials soon enough!!

kkslider5552000

WoomyNNYes wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Did you buy & like any of these four 3D platformers? Which ones? 🤔

I didn't, because 3 of them aren't on Switch. Undecided on if I'll get 3D World (Bowser's Fury would absolutely be the deciding factor), and Crash 4 is Activision so that's an immediate deal breaker.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sunsy

@Tyranexx You know, because of GOG, I've been playing games I missed out on being a Mac kid. The Theme series was fun, both Theme Park and Theme Hospital. The latter made me interested because of trying Two Point Hospital during a Steam weekend, ended up buying that during the summer sale this year.

@tekoii I love the themes, I have several Sonic themes (25th anniversary, Sonic Boom, and my favorite character Amy), I even got a Yoshi and Peach theme via My Nintendo when they offered them. Even Frozen, since Disney made themes at one point. Little things like that were fun and made things personal on 3DS.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I miss Mario Party 4. I had the game, but sadly it was one of the games I lost a long time ago. Having Super Mario Party makes up for it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

@Eel I'm amazed when the amazon echo gets triggered mysteriously by unrelated conversations. I mean, I know it hears something like "alexa", or one of the other wake words, but it still annoys me. Is it "Alexa" for español, too? I'm assuming you're reacts to, and speaks, español.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@Eel Really? got to try that later.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

tekoii

@Sunsy Oh heck yea... the amount of times i popped my 3ds open just to use my silver points for themes is pretty up there. I love me Samus Returns, Star Fox Zero, and Odyssey themes <3 And see.. even though we like different things, still we bought and valued themes. I think itd be a nice extra few bucks for Ninty if they just provide

Eel

@WoomyNNYes yeah Alexa is the default name here too, and yes it speaks spanish. You can actually set it to listen for "Echo" or "Amazon" instead of "Alexa" using the mobile phone app.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

"Alexa, do my laundry."
"...Alexa, mow my lawn."
"Alexa, do the Macarena."

Worst digital assistant ever.

@tekoii I really enjoyed the first Luigi's Mansion! The 3D effect was well done too; it was increasingly rare in games later on in the 3DS lifespan since Nintendo wanted to push the cheaper 2DS/XL units by that point; if I recall, the 3D effect was already built into the original GameCube game? The 3D may be a gimmick, but some games really do massively benefit from it. Other amazing examples I can think of are Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D Land, both 3DS Bravely games, and maps in the Fire Emblem games for the system.

@MarioLover92 I was born in '91. I actually recently turned 30. Waves cane Some days I still feel quite young, other days...not so much. XD Depends on what I've been up to. I'll skip talking about my middle school and high school days too....College was much, MUCH better for me. Got to study what I wanted when the pre-reqs were out of the way, and I also found out that I wasn't such an odd duck for still liking Nintendo past grade school. For better and for worse, I was in a very small school system in my younger days.

@Sunsy I've heard of GOG and used to work with someone who'd occasionally grab a game off of there. Thanks to lack of DRM on many titles, it's thanks to him that I've played a few excellent titles such as Papers, Please and Tengami. I recently just sold my soul signed up for a Steam account, but that's mostly so I can access the modern Ys games the Switch doesn't have when the time comes. Never really heard of the Theme series, but I tried out many games with "Tycoon" in the title...some were much, MUCH better than others.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

You can ask her to fart...

No I don't know why is that an option, or how would that be useful.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@tekoii Thanks! Yeah there were a ton of kart racers, especially way back in the day. These days, Mario Kart is definitely the most dominant one, though CTR: Nitro-Fueled gave it some good competition. I'm admittedly not super into the Final Fantasy games, though I have played my fair share of them. FFVII was the one I spent the most time on. By the way, I loved the 3DS's themes - I have quite a few Mario themes, as well as themes for Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Metroid: Samus Returns. I'm honestly surprised they haven't come to the Switch by now.

@Sunsy Ah...yeah I remember you told me that. Really sorry you lost it. At least Mario Party Superstars will have some of MP4's minigames, it's just that the only boards in MPS are from the N64 games.

@Tyranexx Happy 30th birthday! I hope you had a great one. Yeah in terms of my academic adventures, my college days were the best, since I had more control over what I wanted to learn. Most of the other students I met were pretty cool as well. Likewise on liking Nintendo games past grade school - many other high schoolers would be into stuff like CoD, and here I was playing Mario Kart Wii instead. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic