Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,821 to 52,840 of 96,597

HobbitGamer

Apparently I talk in my sleep, according to my fiancé. And I mean I have full on conversations about all kinds of things with some unforgettable phrases:
The same night I spoke to my father in law about The Martian: "I have to go to space! I love you, but I gotta go to space. The only thing I'll hate is I have to poop in a bag"
Apparently in reference to a road trip with the family and coworkers to the Grand Canyon: "Dezi, come look at this view. Your sisters would look. See, I shoved all the work people over the cliff and they died, it's better now!"
"You don't tell me what to do! I'm gonna slap that walrus with a fish if I want to!!"

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

roy130390

@HobbitGamer make a YouTube channel documenting that stuff, it would be very popular! If I could I would ask you about the meaning of life just to hear what you've got to say haha.

Also, yeah, an asleep friend talked to me and another friend about some chicken, who apparently was really important. We were laughing our asses off and he was almost scolding us because we had no idea about said chicken. He doesn't believe us and thinks we made that up to mess with him haha, but he was really talking about that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, okay. Thought I missed an actual page link that referred to an article or something. Well, I know the feeling: over the years, I've forgotten to favorite dozens of links, or sometimes, some of my old stored favorites now link to pages or web sites that don't exist anymore.

Pro nerd tip: I say nerd because it may both come across as such, but I'm suspecting you're one of the people who'll be able to relate. Anyways, whenever I come across a really interesting article or cool online feature nowadays, I often just save the web page as "complete", meaning I can still read and/or revisit it, even when online. Firefox does that brilliantly, by the way. Works like a charm. And otherwise, there's also the Way Back Machine, which you'll probably also know.

On a side note: could it possibly have been an NLife article, or was it from another site?

@NEStalgia You're VERY welcome, you underbrush-loving, train-hugging hermit...

P.S.

More for you to chime in on, if you want to, somewhere in the last paragraph of this text wall.

@TheJGG Yeah... extensive is my middle name...
All kidding aside though, it does kind of come with the territory of being a highly-empathic, WYSIWYG kinda person like me. It's all or nothing: if I jump in, I do so with both feet, no looking back. And I'm brutally honest, also towards myself.

And yes, it was hard to deal with these things. That friend's brother did actually blame himself for not being in time, especially because of the fact that he was on time to save her the previous couple of times, but it was literally an uphill battle, so it was ultimately always going to be a matter of time before she'd be able to make another attempt, so it was bound to happen, something they were able to acknowledge only quite a few years later, when the one brother was able to let go of his feelings of guilt and all of them were kind of able to give it a place in their minds.

As for my own trials: as mentioned, it did nearly break me, which ALSO comes with the whole uber-empathic thing. Emotions can hit me like a ton of bricks sometimes, and it can feel like dark tides washing over me. I used to try and mentally battle those, but it only resulted in more stress, anger and grief, so nowadays, I've learned to just let go and let it wash over me, knowing that the dark tide's floods will ultimately always ebb, even if sometimes ever so slowly, but they WILL draw away again.

Kind of like getting a tooth pulled. You can either brace yourself and go rigid to resist the pain, or you can try and relax somewhat and accept the pain or try to move your mind to another place temporarily. Which is something a lot of dentists actually know about, and which is also why my former had posters or paintings on his ceiling, to help with the mind traveling...

But I wouldn't consider myself as something above "lesser people", in that respect. It's just that I'm also extremely logical. If I wasn't a Mad Titan, I'd probably be a Vulcan, or at least a half-breed...
So, breaking off the relationship, even though I knew full well what it would cost me and that it would harm me, was simply the right and logical thing to do, because even though it was really great and VERY intense, in a positive way, sometimes, it was also destructive and going nowhere. And to a point where I was even beginning to act weird myself, not even being able to share my then still mostly positive feelings about it.

Case in point: I never even introduced her to anyone, save to a good female friend, who I knew wasn't going to be judgmental. I only told my only sister about her near the breaking point, when I was already debating with myself about stopping the relationship. And two weeks after, I called my sister and told her the whole story. She basically responded with something along the lines of me having dodged a serious bullet...

And yes, my sister is just as brutally honest as me. And she can keep a secret. No uber-empath, though, which is actually just as well for me, because if I need a dose of objective realism concerning touchy-feely things, I can talk to her.

And you're welcome concerning the whole PS5/Xbox Series X/S tech talk thing. Before I continue, I'll once again tag NEStrainia, errr... I mean @NEStalgia for this part...

One thing I'll add that I actually DON'T like about the new Xbox, is the in my view ridiculous price for extra storage. You actually can add regular external USB hard drives to it, but only for Xbox One games. The new drives are SSD so they run MUCH faster, and as such, only these support current gen games. And on top of that, they're obviously proprietary, so you can only use them for the new console...

As such, I think my criticism of that point is definitely warranted. Brutally honest, remember? And how could I not be? Especially seeing as I've always been Sony's harshest critic, where it concerned proprietary storage solutions. Sony memory sticks, anyone?

So, yeah. It's not all puppy dogs, unicorns and rainbows, but all in all, the idea behind the ecosystem and the effort that Phil Spencer and his team are putting behind it, speaks volumes, or SHOULD speak volumes to the dedicated gamer.

P.S.

I didn't mean it IS convoluted, more like that it may SOUND convoluted, because basically, every OG Xbox or Xbox 360 game that is made compatible with both Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles consists of a bundle of that game with a tailor-made, single-purpose emulator, so it's a small ecosystem running in a software bubble on the new hardware, instead of being a System on a Chip, which, in many ways, is what Sony does, because of the AS IS emulation. In that regard, you could also say that Sony, once again, took a page out of Nintendo's book, concerning how they handled backwards compatibility on both the Wii and Wii U, which actually were both Systems on a Chip.

Anyways, moving on and in general, I am simultaneously astounded, glad and angry that an article about "great games for minority groups" has SO many comments, and is locked, so I can't comment anymore, which is also why I'm glad too, because it probably wouldn't have made it any better anyways...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee @NintendoByNature Do you people WANT to bring in the TROLLS? Huh? Do you? DO YOU???
Miss Larson never fails to inflame part of the NLife community, after all...

Personally, I'd rather leave WooHoo and Kissy Kissy alone. I'm more of a Wookie and Hoosie kinda guy...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX I mean...you're certainly not wrong. The second you mention frame rates, resolution, and the best actress in the marvel cinematic universe Brie Larson, you're bound to get the angries coming out of the woodwork 😛. Now, as the saying goes, if you say her name 3 times, she appears behind you holding an animal crossing switch. By my count, we just hit 3! Everyone run!

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - B-b-but I didn’t even even mention Amiibo censorship in full price WiiU ports yet! Also, don’t look behind you, but Brie is definitely there. Walk calmly towards me and don’t run until we reach the doors.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

"You don't tell me what to do! I'm gonna slap that walrus with a fish if I want to!!"

Out of all that, this is the part that killed me. XD I used to share a room with my sister, and she'd talk in her sleep sometimes. The vest part was she'd respond to you in that state. XD

@MarioLover92 Wondering when the attention-giving human will return, I'm sure.

Dread is definitely what I'm looking forward to the most right now! Though I haven't played a Metroid game that I've actively disliked. I'd like to run through all the best versions of the 2D games like everyone else, but I doubt I'd finish before Dread releases unless I exclusively play those games lol. As for Bowser's Fury, going by the reception I'd say that alone makes 3D World worth picking up again. It definitely had more effort put into it over some other Wii U migrations.

@HeavyArms55 I don't own a smart watch, but a coworker of mine uses one quite a lot. I'd ask him about it, but he's out on vacation this week.

@ThanosReXXX There are a ton of links I wished I'd bookmarked. Though I also have a few memorized and don't even need to search them by this point. Comes with the job.

I need to start abusing complete web page saving more. Firefox is still my pick for browsing at home, but I'm in the habit of using Chrome at work. I'm very familiar with the Wayback Machine for both work and personal reasons; it's certainly fun to look at and play around with! I really enjoy visiting Internet Archive in general. They're also a very good source from which to play some arcade and old MS-DOS games.

As for the article: it tentatively might have been here, but I'm really unsure. It was some time ago. Too many sleep cycles and other happenings since then.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I am considering getting one cause I see them a lot around and have been curious.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

Gosh...
We are already reached a half year of 2021.
Here is 1 July 2021 now.
How time flies so fast.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I know and so much has happen in which feels like so little time.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I do know he uses it for alarms, a step/fitness tracker, and notifications/reminders. I used to wear watches by habit but fell out of using them years ago. Debated about getting one on and off, but I'm not sure I wanna fetter my wrist again lol.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter @Snatcher Which also means, RIP Netflix on Wii U. Honestly, I'm still surprised they haven't brought it to Switch, since I usually keep my Wii U and Switch hooked up to my TV, I usually use them for streaming video (have YouTube on my Switch as I type this). Kind of expected when previous systems had Netflix.

From now on I have to use my PC for Netflix, which I prefer to keep free in case I need to use it, or on some nights borrow the Roku from the living room for when I watch a show.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I used to wear a watch all the time too. But fell out of the habit after I left Japan. But now that I have a new job, and one where pulling my phone out to check the time looks... unprofessional, so now I'm considering getting a smartwatch.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter I don't follow PlayStation, but didn't know that. Shut downs like that make me like my DRM-free digital games on PC a lot. Let me back up the game, and install and play without internet or relying on a store.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

I checked from Google about upcoming public holidays 2022 for Indonesia, there were three holidays that started on 1st day of 3 months in a row.
1 Jan 2022 = New Year 2022
1 Feb 2022 = Chinese New Year (Tiger year)
1 Mar 2022 = Isra & Mi'raj Day

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

I just beat Metroid Fusion!!! I had a save file that I haven't played in a while and it turns out that I was fairly close to the end. I'm glad to have all the 2D Metroid games finished before Metroid Dread comes out.

@Tyranexx Yeah, I understand. I do tend to get into a certain game/series for a good while, especially with many of Nintendo's best games, but after that I move on to something else to prevent burnout. Variety's the spice of life, they say. Not to mention that there's only so much time before Metroid Dread releases.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 currently I am waiting for the oven to heat up so I can make the first bake. In order to not mess up details I will be doing one part at a time. Now I made the ribcage + spine then bake it wait to cooldown and do another part

The ribcage will only have 6 ribs. I took this artistic liberty in order to have stronger and more durable ribcage piece

Btw I forgot to ask, it is too early but do you want some kind of message on the fundament like a little clay plaque "In memory of ..." etc.?

this has been the best news and most anticipation ive had since 2020!
take yer time with it, thats all we have on this planet is time.
about the message thing, thats a good question, let me think about that one...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

and then
can we all get along?
we all here for one reason: games
i play my games from time to time, dropped out as an old-school successful collector and all that mess.
life isnt long enough for battles and disagreements
i know it will never happen because life is this way but
can we all try and get along and rather agree to disagree?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

BruceCM wrote:

Mostly, I prefer Triss, @Vortexeo .... But I won't go into that any further here to avoid spoilers for anyone who hasn't played yet

I'm sure I'll find out why soon enough!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic